JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The list of what I want is much longer but heres my "need" list.

1 large caliber, bolt action hunting rifle for game larger than deer.

1 medium caliber (.243 .270 .30 06) bolt action hunting rifle for deer.

1 small caliber bolt action hunting rifle for varmints.

1 bolt action .22 rifle for birds, vermin etc.

1 semi auto .22 rifle for plinking.

1 HD style (rem 870 mossy 500) shotgun with 18.5 in barrel.

1 hunting style shotgun with 26 in barrel.

1 semi auto centerfire mag fed rifle in 5.56

1 semi auto mag fed rifle in 7.62x39 or even 51.

1 full size semi auto pistol in .45 ACP

1 full size semi auto pistol in 9mm (or .40 if you want to get into that whole debate).

1 sub compact in 9mm/.40

1 .22 pistol semi or wheel gun for snakes etc.

Im sure I forgot something but you also need a second set of these guns for the missus. This is my list only not for whatever your circumstances are. Unfortunatly I dont have any of these as I lost them all in a horrible boating accident:s0058:

The list of what I want is much longer but heres my "need" list.

1 large caliber, bolt action hunting rifle for game larger than deer.

1 medium caliber (.243 .270 .30 06) bolt action hunting rifle for deer.

1 small caliber bolt action hunting rifle for varmints.

1 bolt action .22 rifle for birds, vermin etc.

1 semi auto .22 rifle for plinking.

1 HD style (rem 870 mossy 500) shotgun with 18.5 in barrel.

1 hunting style shotgun with 26 in barrel.

1 semi auto centerfire mag fed rifle in 5.56

1 semi auto mag fed rifle in 7.62x39 or even 51.

1 full size semi auto pistol in .45 ACP

1 full size semi auto pistol in 9mm (or .40 if you want to get into that whole debate).

1 sub compact in 9mm/.40

1 .22 pistol semi or wheel gun for snakes etc.

Im sure I forgot something but you also need a second set of these guns for the missus. This is my list only not for whatever your circumstances are. Unfortunatly I dont have any of these as I lost them all in a horrible boating accident:s0058:

Well since people in the 1800's did well enough to survive with a pistol and rifle and times were a lot tougher than I could do ok with that.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Need: none

Essential: pistol + rifle.... I'll take a Glock 9mm and a quality short barreled AR15. Lots of mags for both.

Everything else is just baggage

In the post obama apocalyptic era guns will be a most desirable trade commodity, so trade guns will probably be anything that will shoot. 9MM will be a strong seller, as will .45ACP and .22's.
The position I do not want to be in is having too few guns. Collector guns, if they are reliable and ammo isn't rare, will be less valuable than "standard" guns because parts will be harder to come by. Pre collapse value will be meaningless, a hard thing to face for people with extremely rare guns. A highpoint in 9MM will be more valuable than a 99% .30 Luger, for example.
To not factor in post collapse value is a mistake, as in that scenario you can't have too many guns and the kind of guns and caliber will be different than the pre collapse value might dictate.

Well since people in the 1800's did well enough to survive with a pistol and rifle and times were a lot tougher than I could do ok with that.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I could do "ok " putting with my 7 iron but I "need" a putter to be alot more precise and effective.

Need has little if anything to do with why I own or want to own any paticular firearm.

Reasons range from dad had one to it looks cool in the catalog.

I guess if your a new owner or are specifically buying for some goal then someone elses list could have some value. But since I been buying firearms off and on since 1980 and was given firearms I still have as far back as 1972. I've moved well beyond someone suggestions and a list.

Couple of things before I start off my rant and these are directed towards the author of the video:

Opinions are bubblegums; everybody's got one and they all stink!

and to respond to his question of how many guns should I have?

More than I need, not as many as I WANT!

It appears his main argument is that "it's a waste of money" to have a lot of firearms, so really the video should be renamed something along the lines of "a list of essential firearms to own if you're on a budget." I really don't appreciate it when someone has a flawed argument about what is a waste of money and what is not. It's my bubbleguming money and If I want to spend every single dollar I have on cocaine, I am free to do so and you can't stop me.

How many do I have? 2 ARs: one 5.56, one 6.8SPC, a 1911 and a Remington 870.

Here is a list of what I'd like to have and why:
A quality AK-47 in 7.62x39 because I'm Russian and It's a reliable platform,
M1 Carbine because I like the way it looks and a historic WWII carbine,
M1 Garand (same as above),
Kar98k (same as above),
Mosin-Nagant (see above and because I'm Russian),
Glock 19 and 23 because I need one for each hand,
A few more 1911s from Kimber, S&W and Springfield Armory because I need to learn how to juggle them 3-4 at a time,
Couple of Sig Sauer handguns because I need one on each hip,
A .357 and .44 Magnum revolver because I need to take down and army of Nazi Bears that are threatening the American way of life right after the 10 o'clock news,
A 10mm handgun because it's loud and hurts my wrist,
A lever action cowboy rifle along with a Colt SSA because I need those 2 to shoot bad guys off my horse while dressed like John Wayne because HE'S AWESOME!!!
. . . there is more that I'm forgetting.

Don't take me too seriously. The list is pretty accurate. I hope that I've at least entertained you for a few brief moments.

My main point is that I will have as many guns as my money will let me because I wouldn't want the people in DC telling me what I need either. Poor argument from the author of the video and really something that a proud gun owner should not even worry about.

Actually, you are not free to spend every dollar on cocaine if you see fit. Cocaine is a controlled substance and once you spend your money on that(or get caught, anyway), they take away your right to purchase any firearm. It's like a law or something. Still, I get your point. Kip.

I thought the assertions of "need" in the video were quite silly. Who cares if someone buys and obtains any number of guns, whether it's 7 or 700? In truth everyone actually NEEDS zero guns. Everyone NEEDS food, water and oxygen. But looking at that recommended variety, he made some salient points - but he did leave out a variety of shotgun types, level actions and some others. interesting perspective, regardless.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top