JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any super compact gun is not going to be much fun to shoot at the range, but as someone else pointed out, you don't need to dump hundreds and hundreds of rounds, just enough to be proficient, know where to aim, and get a good feel for the trigger.

First, I'll +1 the N82 Tactical holsters, most comfortable holster I've owned, and very concealable (I'm no thin rail, mind you, but I know folks who are and like them very much). They are tuckable, which will work with your wardrobe requirements.

As for the gun, the LCP is nice, but maybe the LC9s Pro might be better. Slightly larger frame, which may make it a bit more comfortable to shoot, but still very concealable. Maybe find a range that rents them and try one out. I also like the SCCY CPX-2, it's only .1" wider than the LC9s Pro and carries 3 more rounds. It's a pleasure to shoot at the range too. It even weighs 2oz less than the LC9s Pro.

I also agree with the statement that most people will never notice printing, and if they do notice, they likely won't have a clue what it is. I am type 1 diabetic and wear an insulin pump on my belt, under a shirt (I don't tuck most days) and a pistol on my other hip. People notice the pump bulge, which sticks out a bit more than the pistol, and occasionally ask about it, but no one has ever asked about the pistol.

Just remember with an IWB holster, the most that will print will be the butt-end of the gun, really not nearly enough information for the uninitiated to discern what may be there. The general public really is clueless.

You never know who is carrying!

Garter-with-Small-Gun-in-Holster.jpg

Another option may be to look at appendix carry rather than on your hip, assuming that is what you're doing. It may be easier to conceal the gun up front rather than on a slim hip. I personally have never had this problem because I much more closely relate to an earlier post about how fat guys carry. :)

For business I would suggest taking a look at the day planners/organizers that are made for concealed carry. Very common, especially for sales people to carry these in to meetings, lunches, etc. Here is a link to an inexpensive one, and Galco makes one that actually is a functional day planner and gun case all in one, their "Hidden Agenda", but it's expensive and overpriced. The inexpensive one should be fine. The cool thing is you can keep these closed but unzipped on your car seat for quick access yet nobody would ever guess you have a loaded gun inside.

http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Concealed-Organizer-Roma-7757/dp/B00CQUKJDK/ref=cts_sh_1_fbt

Thanks! So you actually find the bodyguard comfortable to shoot? That was my biggest gripe with the LCP - it ripped my hands apart at the range! I feel it's pointless to carry a gun you can't regularly practice with so that's why I parted with it.
The checkering on many guns leave a similar impression with me. A simple solution is Talon grips, they come in black rubber or as they call it, granulated, (Think fine sandpaper) this is a custom fit wrap around tape in either case, so it fits well and looks pretty good. The fit helps you with the grip of the LCP (And other small guns) It cushions that checkering so yo no longer feel it. (Push hard with a thumb or a finger and you will be able to feel it's still there, but the points don't hurt) I have these on several pistols, big and small. I have the granulated version on my EDC XDS 45 and I really like it. I was leery of that sandpaper feel, but I have shot it many times (one box is enough practice with a little 45!!) The sandpaper did not tear up my hand. I have no "Pocket Lint" problems with it either. (I field strip at least every three months to re-lube my EDC, I want it to be fresh if I need it)
That said my wife does not like the granulated and I have the black rubber versions on her G42, G17, and XDS 9. I have the black rubber on several other pistols too and it offers a very good grip, coming out of the pocket or at the range.
I have just ordered a set for my LCP Custom. This LCP is similar to a regular LCP except , a stainless steel guide rod (Don't know that that does anything) a red wider trigger (Feels better to me) and higher sights front and rear with a luminescent dot up front. The higher sights can be a holster problem, but this is a improvement over a regular LCP to me anyway.
I have used a Crossbreed Pocket Rocket holster with a Colt Mustang XSP while wearing slacks. This holster is a leather and Kydex affair that puts the rectangular leather backing toward the outside of the pocket and if it prints it looks like a wallet or PDA. Might be a solution for your 938. I did not like sliding my hand between the backing and gun to get a grip, but it did work well and came right out as pretty as you could please, once gripped.
The Talon Rubber Grips on a Ruger LCP Custom in a Crossbreed Pocket Rocket seem to be a tailor made option for you.
I like Underwood Extreme Penetrator as my favorite 380 round followed by Any Hornaday XTP bullet by pretty much everybody and their brother. Federal Hydro Shock is a good performer and Remington had a defense round similar to the Golden Saber. What make the 9 round so viable today has translated to the 380 also.
The 380 bullet while the same diameter is a little shorter and lighter, that means to me that it will have less stability over distance. Those guys who like 100 yard shots with a handgun don't use 380s, but at more typical self defense rand like inside a building the 380 is very adequate.

The newly released LCP Custom has a completely different feel to it. It has a wider skeletonized aluminum trigger that is much easier on your finger and takes at least a pound off the pull, real sights, and a polished stainless steel guide rod. I got one for the wife and liked it so much I went back and got one for myself. Vast improvement, especially if you add one of the Hogue Hybrid Grips to it.

i'm in a suit/tie everyday for work so i understand the need for being very concealable/light weight.

I had an LCP and a Bodyguard in the past and carried them in a DeSantis Sof-Tuk holster.

I switched to the Beretta Nano for a few reasons...
-it's a 9mm
-it's a larger frame so i'm not worried about my fingers being at the tip of the barrel
-has an the extended mag which allows my full hand to grip it
-extended mag gives me 8rounds

I wear it in a Crossbreed Supertuck holster. It's very comfortable to have on all day and no one even knows it's there.

Just my $0.02

You have a great gun already, he ruger is small also.

MY gal had the sig also, I have a EMP in 9mm. And want a 938.

Best I can say is try Thunder wear. And at least if it prints abit..... Ya might get more Dating in. LOL

You have a great gun already, he ruger is small also.

MY gal had the sig also, I have a EMP in 9mm. And want a 938.

Best I can say is try Thunder wear. And at least if it prints abit..... Ya might get more Dating in. LOL
I listed the 938 for sale... Ordered the new Talo Kryptek edition shield 9mm and the matching bodyguard 380 so I can chose based on how tight my clothing is.

You, like most of us I'm sure, will probably go thru several gun/holster combo's in your search for the "perfect cc setup". I have carried at various times over the years a full size 1911, snub nose revolvers, xds45, keltek p3at, keltek pf9, taurus pt111 g2, and now have a sig p238 in crossbreed holster on my hip every day.
The kelteks were by far the easiest to conceal, but also the absolute worst to shoot. In my book shootability is just as important as concealability, because you never know what the circumstances of an armed confrontation might be, and I need to be confident in my ability to hit where I'm aiming. I also have an extra "refill" in my weak hand pocket...just in case.
This has been my personal journey to what works best for me at this time. Your mileage may vary. Just be prepared to be the proud owner of several different pistols over time, as no one can tell you what's best for you.:)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top