JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
SW M&P 9mm Shield is small and hold 8 rounds. We have one as its near the size of many 380's, Blanchi makes some nice leather ISW holsters. Cabelas the handgun in the mid 400's and the holsters are around 50.00. Also Stealth Gear ( online ) has some very nice holsters for conceal.

New guy here. +1 for the S&W Shield. Very slim and inside an Alien Gear Tuck 2.0 it is available and very comfortable. It can be made to shoot to combat accuracy.

Not a bad idea... Wish it didn't show that fold over strap though

Yeah, but you could hide that with a t-shirt, polo shirt (casual Friday/workdays), or if wearing a suit jacket it would be covered. I bet it would be possible to attach a smart phone holder to the front of it as well ("Otter box" style for example) and camouflage it.

I use one and no one has ever asked me "what's that?" on my belt. If they did, I would just reply something like "it belongs to my cell phone holder" and move on about my day.

New guy here. +1 for the S&W Shield. Very slim and inside an Alien Gear Tuck 2.0 it is available and very comfortable. It can be made to shoot to combat accuracy.
Seem Uncle Mikes #12 I think it is conceals the S&W pretty good. Yes its accurate not as accurate as my P229 but is nice. The only thing I don't like is the S&W M&P 9 Shield is a Komifornia legal Gun.
It has no-mag no shoot and a safety, I cant get a conceal for Komifornia cause I live here. Maybe if there is ever a Universal Conceal I can take it their. As it if I go there,,,,,,,,,,, I ummmm pleade the 5th.

sexy.jpg

Seem Uncle Mikes #12 I think it is conceals the S&W pretty good. Yes its accurate not as accurate as my P229 but is nice. The only thing I don't like is the S&W M&P 9 Shield is a Komifornia legal Gun.
It has no-mag no shoot and a safety, I cant get a conceal for Komifornia cause I live here. Maybe if there is ever a Universal Conceal I can take it their. As it if I go there,,,,,,,,,,, I ummmm pleade the 5th.
Are they all that way or does S&W make a different version for the rest of us. I'll look it up and then edit this post
Okay SKU 10035 has no thumb safety and is not MA compliant, they don't mention California at all. I cannot determine if it has no mag no shoot, but it is a different gun than the California Special. They have about six different SKU's for the Shield in 9MM.

Last Edited:
Ordered this on July 26, finally can in yesterday and I wore it all day today. Extremely comfortable on the small of the back where my hybrid holster usually sat. I went to the bathroom around noon and switched it to index. I'm not used to it, but it is still quite comfortable to have holstered while sitting. Not bad considering this little holster took almost 13 weeks to make. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444772629.856839.jpg

I've got a few interviews coming up and I'll likely be wearing slacks and a button up shirt tucked in. This is supposed to be tuckable. Im going to give it a try for science reasons. Maybe I'll snap a photo or two in my garb for the OP.

Ordered this on July 26, finally can in yesterday and I wore it all day today. Extremely comfortable on the small of the back where my hybrid holster usually sat. I went to the bathroom around noon and switched it to index. I'm not used to it, but it is still quite comfortable to have holstered while sitting. Not bad considering this little holster took almost 13 weeks to make. View attachment 259443

I've got a few interviews coming up and I'll likely be wearing slacks and a button up shirt tucked in. This is supposed to be tuckable. Im going to give it a try for science reasons. Maybe I'll snap a photo or two in my garb for the OP.

Where did you order this from ?

It is a Bravo Concealment ACER DG2.
http://www.bravoconcealment.com/products/acer-dg2-holster

I don't think they are going to continue making them, probably why my order took so long.

Fit and finish is superior. Only thing I may do is order up some steel clips, they are thinner and I just tend to like them over kydex clips.

Those aren't kydex belt clips - those are injection molded polymer. Kydex crafters learned after a couple years, kydex makes great holsters, but ****** belt attachments - the kydex clips and belt loops break every time. Injection molded polymer loops/clips/struts flex more, and won't crack and break nearly as often or as soon as kydex.

If you go the metal clip route, look at UltiClip - safest clip out there right now. Otherwise I might suggest replacing those with an injection molded strut and soft belt loop attachment - you can get aftermarket replacements that will bolt right up to any Raven or Bravo or similar with 1.5cm rivet spacing - check out holsterloops.com and you'll see what I mean. I'm using their struts and snap straps on my latest builds.

If your normal wear belt is nylon - the nylon soft loops blend the best. If you wear a leather belt - rubber or leather straps are best. Look at knifekits.com for those - holsterloops IIRC only sells the nylon variety. Index Fastners is another site that offers these items.

I agree with the OP that thickness of the weapon is the critical factor, not the overall length or height dimensions. But the drop from 9X19 to 9X17 doesn't only depend only on the gun; the choice of ammo is probably just as important.
<broken link removed>
For me, a small, LCP-type grip is unacceptable, because it takes too long to acquire a combat grip, and in the worst case the slide bites my hand and locks out of battery. So this is my choice:
http://www.guns.com/review/2013/08/08/bersa-thunder-380-cc/
Its extraordinary popularity ought to tell you something. Like any fixed-barrel blowback gun, the 380CC is incredibly accurate. But that's just my personal experience.
Slide thickness 0.86"
SO MANY SAFETY features = more things to go wrong.

When I lived in OR, I carried a p938 or usually the xds .45 in the mid sized Kangaroo Carry. I am 6'3" 195 and wore slim fitting dress shirts and flat front slacks. Best way I found to conceal without any trace of printing. I tried aiwb and iwb and just was never at all comfortable. Spent a lot of time driving and the kangaroo carry was excellent. If it ever becomes legal to carry here in HI I'll pick up another for times when I dress up a bit.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top