JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I rotate between a pair of p365s one with iron sights for pocket carry and a second with the optic ready slide and a 407k for iwb. They are great little shooters though I do prefer the g43 for shooting but it's a little bigger with less capacity.

IMG_1492.jpeg IMG_1330.jpeg

I hate to say this ... but I think the Sig P365 will eventually fizzle out in popularity, just like S&W's Shield, Glock 43, and so on. People will eventually lose interest in them, until the new kid on the block shows up. I am not saying there is anything wrong the P365, but all I am saying that it will eventually come to end (trend & hype) as all good things do. Stay safe people.
I think you are right, things are trending more toward smaller full caliber guns. eventually they will have a 2" 9mm that holds 20 rounds, and still fits in a pocket. So far the three you mentioned are the size that hold more rounds in a pocket size gun and are still reliable. It used to be that if you wanted reliable it came only in a larger gun. DR

For those that have the Sig P365 any issues with the firing pin primer scrape? It always concerned me when I owned one and finally sold it because I lost confidence in it working long term.

For those that have the Sig P365 any issues with the firing pin primer scrape? It always concerned me when I owned one and finally sold it because I lost confidence in it working long term.
If I recall the history correctly this was an issue in the very first iterations, which was fixed and it was never an issue in the p365xl. But that's how I remember it could be off.

If I recall the history correctly this was an issue in the very first iterations, which was fixed and it was never an issue in the p365xl. But that's how I remember it could be off.
Sounds typical of sig. They want customers to beta test the new guns. That's why I try to never buy them when they first come out. Fwiw my p365x has had zero issues but I haven't put thousands of rounds though it either.

Only issue is keeping the red dot clean. If edc just have to get in the habit of brushing it off with a lens pen every so often or similar cleaning method.

Sounds typical of sig. They want customers to beta test the new guns. That's why I try to never buy them when they first come out. Fwiw my p365x has had zero issues but I haven't put thousands of rounds though it either.

Only issue is keeping the red dot clean. If edc just have to get in the habit of brushing it off with a lens pen every so often or similar cleaning method.
I had the same problem with the red dot. I got a True Precision barrel without the LCI on a Black Friday sale that fixed the problem.

My choice for EDC/CCW is a Sig P365XL.

Here's why.

I carry with one in the pipe. I only use a holster occasionally becuase I either carry lower back or in a Napoleon pocket (zippered pocket on left chest). No holster means higher risk of accidental discharge so my weapon has a manual safety.

No optics or lights becuase I want to minimize snag risk. Also easier to conceal.

The Sig is not as smooth as an FN, but the form factor was key for my choice. Very reliable and easy to maintain.

Hope this helps.

Steve

My choice for EDC/CCW is a Sig P365XL.

Here's why.

I carry with one in the pipe. I only use a holster occasionally becuase I either carry lower back or in a Napoleon pocket (zippered pocket on left chest). No holster means higher risk of accidental discharge so my weapon has a manual safety.

No optics or lights becuase I want to minimize snag risk. Also easier to conceal.

The Sig is not as smooth as an FN, but the form factor was key for my choice. Very reliable and easy to maintain.

Hope this helps.

Steve
I run a manual safety too. The factory safety is barely adequate (too thin of a thumb shelf) and was the only real nagging complaint I had with the 365.

Well after waiting several months for Armory Craft to actually release their new extended safety (the date was pushed back several times), they finally did and it was worth the wait! My thumb can now actually get a proper purchase whether engaging or disengaging the safety. It's borderline criminal that Sig didn't offer an extended safety from the start. No worries now as Armory Craft has saved the day! :s0069:

I run a manual safety too. The factory safety is barely adequate (too thin of a thumb shelf) and was the only real nagging complaint I had with the 365.

Well after waiting several months for Armory Craft to actually release their new extended safety (the date was pushed back several times), they finally did and it was worth the wait! My thumb can now actually get a proper purchase whether engaging or disengaging the safety. It's borderline criminal that Sig didn't offer an extended safety from the start. No worries now as Armory Craft has saved the day! :s0069:
Good tip. The safety lever always seemed a bit weak to me.

Sig P365 would be my choice. I have one (no safety) and I enjoy it a lot. Small, light, and an awesome trigger. You can get factory 15 and 17 round mags for it (backup mags etc). depending on your hand size, you could run the 10 or 12 round mag in the gun And have higher capacity backup.
Also if you Wanna change your grip/frame, you can just order one and have it shipped to you. The FCU is the serialized part with the P365, so, unlike most guns/pistols, if you want a different color or texture grip/frame/lower, buy one online and have it shipped to your house. You don't have to deal with FFLs.

I bought a P365 a few years back, SS slide and black grip. I bought a gray frame, used it for a while then I found out Wilson Combat sells Frames, so now I have a WC OD green frame with a little fatter grip and better/rougher texture. Oh, and I have a threaded barrel, light and laser with an IWB holster that is made to accept the light/laser.

I switched from a G26 to the P365 about a year ago and am happy I did. The 365 is a perfect carry weapon for me.
I tried to replace my 26 with a 365. Just couldn't bring myself to do it. The 365 is a great little gun, but just didn't shoot quite as well as the 26, and make Enough difference on my belt to matter. Still packing the 26 and have never regretted keeping it. I've got bigger hands, so there's that. In the immortal words of Paul Harrell … "it just fits my hand better."

Glock 43X: The G43X is essentially a larger G43, offering a longer grip and a 10-round magazine capacity. It's a reliable and easy-to-use pistol, though some people find the grip a bit too large for deep concealment.

P365: The P365 is a game-changer in the world of concealed carry. It's small, lightweight, and has an impressive 10+1 capacity. The only downside is that some people find the grip a bit small.

Taurus GX4: The GX4 is Taurus' answer to the P365, and it's a strong contender. It's affordable, reliable, and has a great capacity for its size.

The best choice will depend on your personal preferences and what feels most comfortable in your hand. Do you have the opportunity to try these out at a local range?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top