JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hello,
Currently have a Glock 43 but looking at getting another concealed hand gun.

I've been looking at the follow guns :

- Glock 43X
- P365
- Taurus GX4

Any opinions on those 3 would be helpful .

Thank you,
The Glock 43X I believe is just the same as the 43 but with a longer grip/more capacity? Depending on how you feel about the 43, that might be a good way to go.
The Sig is starting to get a lot of support and accessories are becoming about as common as with Glocks these days.
The Taurus doesn't have as much aftermarket support and might limit choice with things like holsters (with or without light), trigger upgrades, etc.

Given my luck with Taurus, I'd be more likely to trust my life to a High Point.

I've shot a few different models of the P365. If I was looking to replace my Hellcat, I'd seriously consider one of the macro variants.

Glocks chew up the web of my hand and wouldn't be my first choice. My standard range gun is a G17, but I have to run an extended beaver tail. I've only shot a 43x once. I'd rather have the thicker grip of a double stack for comfort and capacity.

My buddy's 43X is the first Glock that felt good in my hand. I need another carry gun like I need an extra 50 lbs on my waist, but if I did, 43X would be high in MY list.

Get a Glock 48 instead of the 43x, because you already own a 43. You can swap slides between those two frames and get a 43x out of it with a bonus longer slide.

P365 is a great gun. I've carried one for a couple years but don't very often any more. You wouldn't be disappointed

Don't buy a Taurus, I'll judge you loudly and you'll judge you silently.

Of those three, I'd go with the P365.

Personally I like the grip of Hellcat over the P365 however the carry gun I have near that profile is my Canik Mete MC9...

Best thing to do, pick up all three with your eyes closed and see what fits your hand best.

Some of these new guns are just lost on me.

The 43x, for example has the same grip height as a Glock 19. The overall width of the 43x is just 4mm narrower...which is pretty negligible in most CCW situations. The slide on the G19 is longer, of course, but most people don't have any problem concealing the slide. The overall weight of the 43x is less but it's not like a G19 weighs a ton.

To me the tradeoffs just aren't worth it. I'll happily take the longer slide (I actually see that as a plus), the greater capacity, and a bit more weight of the G19 all day, every day, over the 43x. But that's me. YMMV.

Which one to buy ..

Sig P365 = Yes
Glock 43X = Yes

Taurus GX4 = No*

* Glocks and Sigs have a much better record for reliability and have a much higher resell value. If you are strapped for cash, I think the Glock 43X standard model is the best choice overall. If you have loads of money to spend, the SIG P365 has many configurations to choose from depending on what your needs are and how much you want to spend. You mentioned that you have a Glock 43, but didn't say that you liked it or not. There is nothing wrong with the standard 43, and it's still an excellent carry gun. Apparently, most people want greater ammunition capacity these days, and so the 3 models you are considering will fill that niche. As for my carry experience, I have the standard Glock 43. I love it. It still works and I feel satisfied with it because of perfect reliability, weight and balance and overall feel of it. I digress. I think the 43X seems like the next progression in buying yourself another carry gun. Obviously, the 43X has greater capacity, and will give you a full grip vs the standard 43. There is no reason to really overthink this, unless you want to try another brand. The Sig P365, is an excellent firearm and would make a great choice too. Ultimately, you have to decide what you really want, and what your pocket book will allow.

Last Edited:
What roll does the second CC gun play? If it is only in case your primary gun is down for repairs? If so get the second Glock.
If it is to have a gun that carries more ammo. then make that choice.
If its to try something new.... DR

The p365 is incredibly accurate for it's size and even tho it's snappy, I find it more comfortable to shoot than the 43x. I don't know about the Taurus cause i just kinda avoid Taurus......
If you go the Sig route and plan on getting a dot for it, splurge a little for the P365x with the slide cut. Then if you want the shorter grip, you can find a used one for next to nothing. Mine was $10.

Well my vote goes to the one I spent money on, so p365.

I EDC a p365, either on hip, appendix or Fanny pack during summer. But I also pack an xmacro (non-comp) with a streamlight tlr-7A for when I am headed somewhere and want to gun up.

The p365 is incredibly accurate for it's size and even tho it's snappy, I find it more comfortable to shoot than the 43x. I don't know about the Taurus cause i just kinda avoid Taurus......
If you go the Sig route and plan on getting a dot for it, splurge a little for the P365x with the slide cut. Then if you want the shorter grip, you can find a used one for next to nothing. Mine was $

Well my vote goes to the one I spent money on, so p365.

I EDC a p365, either on hip, appendix or Fanny pack during summer. But I also pack an xmacro (non-comp) with a streamlight tlr-7A for when I am headed somewhere and want to gun up.
How does it feel while sitting?

How does it feel while sitting?
Appendix, not a big fan, but I use it occasionally depending on what I am wearing. If you have the right belt for it, it helps (I don't just my leather gun belt). A Kore belt would better, one without big buckle. Finding a holster with adjustable ride height will help, I just wear my pants slightly higher and it makes sitting more comfortable. Wedge and claw can be handy as well.

I haven't tried them but eventually I would like too, harrysholsters makes one called the Shorty. You can adjust ride height and cant, so I can wear it at the 3 or adjust for appendix. Currently primarily been using a modified Tulster that I added small wing and wedge too. Which actually increased comfort even wearing strong side.

Good info from pacNWvike, I don't have much else to offer. I always carry appendix and it digs in a bit on long drives but that's with bucket seats and a beer gut. Generally, sitting at a desk or table is fine.

What's the CCW here (a Sig, Walther, or Glock, etc...... etc......)?

1706467468031.png

Aloha, Mark

PS..........

1706467677849.png

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show