JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm trying to find a good pistol/holster combination that will allow me to conceal carry every day for work. I'm 6 feet tall and 155 lbs with a 30.5" waist. My dress attire is just a buttoned-up dress shirt and slacks - I wear tailored-fit clothing but it's not TOO tight to where it is impossible.

I keep scouring the internet for different routes to go but I seem to come up empty for people that have as slender of a build as I do. I currently have a P938 which I think is a fantastic option, but it's even a bit thick when combined with a tuckable holster (N82 Tactical). No matter where I wear it around my waist it's pretty darn obvious.

I need some suggestions on a firearm/holster combo that will be as thin as possible, so against my lean frame it doesn't imprint. I spend most of my days working with clients in a very close-quarters situations seated so any suggestions on what I should look at would be much appreciated.

Maybe consider an ankle holster? I know I like to have 2-3 different pistols to carry and like to have 2-3 different type holsters for each one. My smallest is a .380 bodyguard in a IWB/pocket holster that has a removable clip (not magazine lol) for when I pocket carry it which is a last resort. I usually just carry my Glock19 in a Winthrop IWB holster and don't worry much about it printing as most people are oblivious from my experience. I also have a 38 snub that conceals very well if I want something more that the .380.

I have been looking at the AlienGear's new 3.0 thinking of giving it a try with my G19.

First off, people in general don't notice printing. If they do, chances are they are a gun person too.

You may want to try a better belt and holster with your current P938. A pocket holster is a good option as well.

A Ruger LCP in a pocket holster is just about as discreet as it gets.

Agreed - I had an LCP previously and it was a lot easier to conceal. If I drop to a .380 round, which is my best option as the market is flooded with these micro guns now days.. Bodyguard? LCP? Glock 42?

Thanks! So you actually find the bodyguard comfortable to shoot? That was my biggest gripe with the LCP - it ripped my hands apart at the range! I feel it's pointless to carry a gun you can't regularly practice with so that's why I parted with it.

No I hate shooting it honestly. But I can shoot it relatively well and have a pretty strict rule about shooting my carry guns at least 5-6 a year (every 2 months) if not more. I put a grip on it with the mag extension and that helps. http://amzn.to/1KUJecS I really only carry this little guy maybe 2-3 times a year. My EDC is a G19 and I kind of don't care if it prints for the most part. Never had a problem after carrying for 15 years.

They make some nice computer/I Pad cases that secure concealed handguns.
Nobody looks out of place with a nice leather carry bag.
You do need to keep it close to you, but it would solve the printing issue.

2015-10-04-15-42-02--1945513156.jpeg

Amazing; what can be carried in these.....;)

SW M&P 9mm Shield is small and hold 8 rounds. We have one as its near the size of many 380's, Blanchi makes some nice leather ISW holsters. Cabelas the handgun in the mid 400's and the holsters are around 50.00. Also Stealth Gear ( online ) has some very nice holsters for conceal.

I used to carry a Khar CM9 and that was a great pistol. It was heavy for its size but was still fine to carry. I think it is the smallest 9mm on the market and a very reliable and accurate pistol. I would carry it cross draw tucked up near my arm pit in a elastic belly band holster.
I liked this option because it allowed my to wear a dress shirt tucked in and still not print. Then if you need to deploy the weapon you can access by ripping he buttons apart in a hurry. Not the fastest option but good for deep concealment in a low threat environment.

I picked up the Khar at NW armory new on sale for $350

I'm 6 feet 150#, with a 32 waist.

I wear 32/30 501s pretty much all the time with a medium t-shirt.

I wear a Glock 43 on an aegis armory hybrid holster.

I also wear the above and a Glock 19 in the winter as I usually have a sweatshirt on. It's usually an American giant in medium, which are slim fitting. No issue with either.

If I were to try to conceal in the attire you mentioned. Id probably try the sneaky Pete line. Or maybe a 511 inner vest shirt that has pockets for concealment.

http://www.sneakypeteholsters.com/sig-p938-sneaky-pete-holster-belt-clip/

http://www.511tactical.com/sleeveless-holster-shirt.html?color=139

Another thing to mention. As paranoid as new carriers are the first couple of months, you will learn quickly, no one is actively looking you over for a gun. They may even notice a portion of your holster, and shrug it off not realizing what it was.

Once you leave the paranoia stage, you'll be alright.

I also have been carrying a Sig 938 w/CT laser since 2012 on and off. And I also find it a bit thick and heavy in summer clothes. So I also have an LCP w/CT laser that is my fall back. I use the MagGuts kit to carry 7 rounds per mag with no increase in length which gives me 8 rounds.

Thanks! So you actually find the bodyguard comfortable to shoot? That was my biggest gripe with the LCP - it ripped my hands apart at the range! I feel it's pointless to carry a gun you can't regularly practice with so that's why I parted with it.

You don't have to shoot it a lot! Just some! Shoot something similar in operating features a lot. IMHO shooting pistols with similar controls is entirely transferable. An LPC is a belly gun and in the heat of the moment you won't feel it at all!
I do practice drawing a lot with my LCP, even weak hand recently. Good luck in your quest!
BTW, I do carry in a pocket holster sometimes, especially with slacks!

1911's are not that thick - single stack. Just avoid the ambi safeties.

Look into something like this: DSCF0242.jpg

Personally I like the N8Tactical or a hybrid, like a CrossBreed, for all day comfort.
Just get the models where you can tuck your dress shirts.
There are plenty of manufacturers and if possible support a local gun shop.
For example MK Tactical in Hillsboro, kinda behind the jail.
And there are a number of people in the supporting vendor area of NWFA.
Or drop a holster wanted in the For Sale forums below - I'll bet there are other people like me who have some holsters we don't use any more.

As for attire, do you have to wear solid colors? If not, plaids or stripes can help break up an outline of a grip. As can sweaters or vests. Maybe the hipster vest will make a come back!

I agree with the OP that thickness of the weapon is the critical factor, not the overall length or height dimensions. But the drop from 9X19 to 9X17 doesn't only depend only on the gun; the choice of ammo is probably just as important.
<broken link removed>
For me, a small, LCP-type grip is unacceptable, because it takes too long to acquire a combat grip, and in the worst case the slide bites my hand and locks out of battery. So this is my choice:
http://www.guns.com/review/2013/08/08/bersa-thunder-380-cc/
Its extraordinary popularity ought to tell you something. Like any fixed-barrel blowback gun, the 380CC is incredibly accurate. But that's just my personal experience.
Slide thickness 0.86"

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top