JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The 43x is a great choice especially with 15 round shield mags, another great option because of size and capacity is the Hellcat. I prefer my cc to have 13 but preferably 15 rounds in a small package.

P365 or Hellcat.... Both feel & shoot great. They'll put holes in just about anything your aiming at. YMMV

IMG_1870-scaled.jpg

As far as the glocks go..

Glock 43 = 6rd mag
Glosk 43x..same slide, longer grip = 10rd mag
Glock 48..same grip as 43x..longer slide..also 10rd mag.

Visual Comparison

Above is a great website to compare dimensions of whatever you're looking at.

I personally have the 43x as my cc and it fits me well. Also have the shield 15rd mag and a Talon grip. Very comfortable in my medium sized hand. Sits comfortably at 3oclk and I get used to it after a few mins in appendix carry. It's not my favorite shooter, that would be my G22..and it's a bit snappy with +p loads..but that's expected with the lighter mass. Overall, IMO, the perfect carry. If I could comfortably cc the G22 without it printing, I would. I still have another 10lb to lose, so when I totally lose the middle age ponch I may get an appendix holster for the G22 and try it out.

Edit..and btw, the newer G43x's are all black instead of silver/black.

P365. I roll with the Macro grip module and a Shalo Tek OR 4.1" barrel/slide combo. Basically a G45, but thinner.

Edit to add: I owned a G48 and it felt the best out of all the previous Glocks that I've owned. The Macro grip is superior to the G48 IMHO. Thus the switch to the setup mentioned above.

Hello,
Currently have a Glock 43 but looking at getting another concealed hand gun.

I've been looking at the follow guns :

- Glock 43X
- P365
- Taurus GX4

Any opinions on those 3 would be helpful .

Thank you,
Not the Taurus. Any quality reliable gun will work it's all personal preference. Cz, S&W, Hk, sig, Walther, Glock and others are reliable.

If you travel to safe fire in camas they have an open rental. You can try any gun you want for a flat fee. I think they have over 100 guns.

I hate to say this ... but I think the Sig P365 will eventually fizzle out in popularity, just like S&W's Shield, Glock 43, and so on. People will eventually lose interest in them, until the new kid on the block shows up. I am not saying there is anything wrong the P365, but all I am saying that it will eventually come to end (trend & hype) as all good things do. Stay safe people.

Last Edited:
I hate to say this ... but I think the Sig P365 will eventually fizzle out in popularity, just like S&W's Shield, Glock 43, and so on. People will eventually lose interest in them, until the new kid on the block shows up. I am not saying there is anything wrong the P365, but all I am saying that it will eventually come to end (trend & hype) as all good things do. Stay safe people.
People have been saying the same thing about the S&W J-Frame for decades, yet it still lives.

P365 is popular because they "built a better mousetrap" due to the mag design. 10+1 rounds into a p938 size gun. Also made it striker fired with a pretty good trigger to appeal to the masses. It will be around for a long time. If someone else builds an even better mousetrap it's numbers will be less and the new one more.

P365 is popular because they "built a better mousetrap" due to the mag design. 10+1 rounds into a p938 size gun. Also made it striker fired with a pretty good trigger to appeal to the masses. It will be around for a long time. If someone else builds an even better mousetrap it's numbers will be less and the new one more.

Carry what you like. Train smart. Stay Safe.

Last Edited:
Go with the P365 and don't look back. I'm approaching four years of flawless use with mine. And don't worry, it'll be around for some time to come. It's a nicely balanced double stack sub-compact. And the ability to swap out grip frames makes it even more versatile.

YMMV.

That's my .05 worth, thanks Bidenomics…

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany