JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Good luck with the 2nd dose "nap day" if you get it sir. I had a fever around 101 for several hours and napping was my activity of choice that day. :)

It doesn't catch everybody like that though, so I wish you the best.

P.S. it's a great excuse for a day off of everything even if you don't feel it, and no one will know!
Yeah, I don't care about that. I can't lay around the house, might not be a bad thing to do that for a day! Wifey got them both. She didn't get sick at all, but sure did whine a bunch about how her shoulder hurt. Woke her up the first night when she turned over in bed.

Good luck with the 2nd dose "nap day" if you get it sir. I had a fever around 101 for several hours and napping was my activity of choice that day. :)

It doesn't catch everybody like that though, so I wish you the best.

P.S. it's a great excuse for a day off of everything even if you don't feel it, and no one will know!
It's a real shame they didn't study the jab before giving it to millions.

The stories of how easy the new strain spread's is what got me to get the vax. My second dose comes tomorrow. I wish to hell everyone would get it. I'm sick of seeing masked zombies! And being one myself when ever I have to go in some where.
I appreciate that you also dislike a mask.
But do you really feel they'll let you take your mask off?
What metric did you see that they are targeting for official, real deal, honest this time, masks can come off?

Because the metric they gave us last time for masks off went out the door about 2 weeks later

Yeah I dont believe anything a politician says by default. I find someone who i trust who is knowledgeable about the issue. My doctor is who I trust on this. It helps that he agrees with almost all other doctors about it.

Yeah I dont believe anything a politician says by default. I find someone who i trust who is knowledgeable about the issue. My doctor is who I trust on this. It helps that he agrees with almost all other doctors about it.
I don't really believe doctors (general practitioners), too much beholden to big pharma and will tow the CDC narrative. I'm more interested in what virologists and vaccinologist have to say and too many are saying the CDC is full of chit.

On the topic of trust vs experience, let's critically think about the wording "medical practitioner", specifically the word practitioner. If we take a look at the etymology, we can understand it's actual meaning:

practitioner (n.)

1540s, "one who acquires knowledge from actual practice;" a hybrid formed from practitian"practitioner" (c. 1500; see practician), with redundant ending on model of parishioner. Meaning "one engaged in the actual practice of an art or profession" is from 1550s. Johnson [sic] has as a secondary sense "One who uses any sly or dangerous arts" (compare practice (n.)). A general practitioner originally was "someone who practices both medicine and surgery."
Practice being the root word here. In this context, the meaning is, one who gains experience by continual practice of medicine.
prac·tice
/ˈpraktəs/
noun
1. the actual application or use of an idea, belief, or method, as opposed to theories relating to it.
"the principles and practice of teaching"

2. the customary, habitual, or expected procedure or way of doing of something.
"current nursing practice"

verb
1. perform (an activity) or exercise (a skill) repeatedly or regularly in order to improve or maintain one's proficiency.
"I need to practice my French"

2. carry out or perform (a particular activity, method, or custom) habitually or regularly.
"we still practice some of these rituals today"
Looking at the big picture:

-Realistically, no one is infallible.
-Logically, no one is an expert.
-Historically, there have been many mistakes made by those with the best intentions, including the government and the most experienced medical experts.
-Rationally, this knowledge warrants pause.
-Unfortunately, many are in a state of fear, and choose to ignore any pause out of a selfish need to feel safe.

The government and media are culpable to this continued frenzy and fear mongering; however, only those of us with something to lose will pay the price in the end.

And with that, we have the bottom line:

How will you pay for it? By giving up your freedom? Perhaps in this context, the question should be worded: how do you want others to pay?

-Robert

A very large majority of virologists and immunologists are on the "vaccine good" side of things.

I don't want others to pay for anything of mine. Myself and my family are vaccinated, and I respect others' decision not to do so. I don't understand the logic, but there is a lot I don't understand about how people make decisions.

Good luck to you all, as it becomes FDA approved, I suspect that a lot of employers will exercise their right to require vaccination as a condition of employment, and some of you may have another difficult decision to make.

I appreciate that you also dislike a mask.
But do you really feel they'll let you take your mask off?
What metric did you see that they are targeting for official, real deal, honest this time, masks can come off?

Because the metric they gave us last time for masks off went out the door about 2 weeks later
There's no one that hates the face diaper more than me. We saved a ton of money not going places last year. I learned to enjoy my self in my home and yard more than going places where you had to mask up. I mask up 5' outside the doors on my way in and un-mask as I break the threshold of places we have to go. I speak the words, out loud, F kate brown upon masking up and un-masking.

I think you'd have to ask some democrat when the mask will no longer be required. But my guess would be you'd hear "When we say you can, that's when"

A very large majority of virologists and immunologists are on the "vaccine good" side of things.

I don't want others to pay for anything of mine. Myself and my family are vaccinated, and I respect others' decision not to do so. I don't understand the logic, but there is a lot I don't understand about how people make decisions.

Good luck to you all, as it becomes FDA approved, I suspect that a lot of employers will exercise their right to require vaccination as a condition of employment, and some of you may have another difficult decision to make.
Good luck to you too Bob and your family.

Risk is what I look at, covid is survived by many and the overall survival rate doesn't look like a jab is needed. Just from what I read of course and because you and I differ in thinking a great deal then the sources we use do to.

The jab doesn't stop covid and the efficiency of the three jabs is said to be as low as 42% in one of them to 70% with the other two. The jab won't stop covid and I read there are medical drugs that reduce the covid experience to far less destructive.

We will see.
EXACTLY!!! Why take an unproven and not thourogly tested innoculation for a virus with a very,very low casualty rate? By the way 10years+ in the medical field. Many of my ex colleges, who are able (not being faced with termination) are refusing to comply. By the way 600,000+ deaths EVERY year for Pneumonia-which is contageous. Govt not forceing a Pneumonia Vax!!!

Yah good luck with that. 99% of doctors do NO research. They rely on the pharma reps/CE course,which are skewed by whoever is paying for the symposium, for their info! They are WAY too busy to read much of the studies much less research the findings. You are decieved. This is Western Medicine in the 21st century! If you have a trauma injury no better place to be. Preventative medicine not so much. Mostly symptomatic relief is the goal! Big Pharma makes the rules not Doctors!!!

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads