JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Bottom line, I am not a guinea pig and for all anyone knows Alice Krippin came up with this vax. Fauci is a lying sack of chit and sensorship of free speech is a big red flag in my book. Do as you will, I will do the same.

I am not trying to convince anyone to get a vaccine, for the record. My post earlier today was about accuracy of data, and then I was asked about my own personal decision making process. Yours is not any of my business or anything I waste any effort even thinking about, much less trying to change. Especially not during an anonymous internet discussion.

To me, from my perspective, given the data I have seen, and knowing that I can never fully verify any of that data, it seemed incredibly obvious that the vaccine was far and away the lesser of the two risks. That's my process, my logic, and my freedom-based decision.
I didn't quote your post, so mine wasn't directed specifically at you, but to the people of the mindset that I am wrong.

BTW, your last point gives me the perfect chance to drop a big word, that I think sums up this entire fiasco: "verisimilitude"

The notion that some propositions are closer to being true than other propositions. The problem of verisimilitude is the problem of articulating what it takes for one false theory to be closer to the truth than another false theory

When there are two competing theories that each might be completely false, yet they cannot both be false, the temptation is to think of it as a coin flip.

This one seems to me to be much better odds than that, and since I have to pick one, I'll pick the one that seems to me to be the most likely. I know of no other way to make the decision.

I don't know if it's been mentioned here, has anyone been seeing what some of the penalties are for disobeying the vax laws in Australia?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/25/covid-sydney-police-punish-anti-lockdown-protesters

You'd think this was the bubonic plague, or polio. And that there are no medications to lessen severity.

I don't know if it's been mentioned here, has anyone been seeing what some of the penalties are for disobeying the vax laws in Australia?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/25/covid-sydney-police-punish-anti-lockdown-protesters

You'd think this was the bubonic plague, or polio. And that there are no medications to lessen severity.

I have predicted that this would possibly turn into a revenue stream once the virtue signaling was over with. This demonstrates that theory, even though it is overseas. The globalists love seeing these ideas in action somewhere else before landing them here on our shores.

When there are two competing theories that each might be completely false, yet they cannot both be false, the temptation is to think of it as a coin flip.

This one seems to me to be much better odds than that, and since I have to pick one, I'll pick the one that seems to me to be the most likely. I know of no other way to make the decision.
:) once you get the jab you can't undo it. The jab is forever so I tend to take time in making forever decisions.

I see the FDA approved one of the jabs today, which means from today forward if a person has ill effects from getting the jab then there is some financial recourse backed by government.

Jab started in December of 2020 yet we still wear mask and folks still come down with covid after full vaccination.

I tend to use information to make my calls, never was lucky at coin flips.:s0093:

:) once you get the jab you can't undo it. The jab is forever so I tend to take time in making forever decisions.

I see the FDA approved one of the jabs today, which means from today forward if a person has ill effects from getting the jab then there is some financial recourse backed by government.

Jab started in December of 2020 yet we still wear mask and folks still come down with covid after full vaccination.

I tend to use information to make my calls, never was lucky at coin flips.:s0093:
I can understand that "forever" perspective. Many consequences of the disease are forever as well.

It is alright for us to interpret information differently.

My employer doesn't care if anyone is vaccinated or not and will never be making it mandatory or enforcing any rules beyond what the State forces them to, so if there's anybody out there who wants to trade jobs, lemme know! ;)

My employer doesn't care if anyone is vaccinated or not and will never be making it mandatory or enforcing any rules beyond what the State forces them to, so if there's anybody out there who wants to trade jobs, lemme know! ;)
I have a freedom loving boss as well. He is leaving it up to the individual, as it should be. I also pack without worry of termination. As a matter of fact, when in the first weeks of the riots in Portland I brought an AR to work and had it sitting right next to me with chest rig full of mags.

I can understand that "forever" perspective. Many consequences of the disease are forever as well.

It is alright for us to interpret information differently.
Risk is what I look at, covid is survived by many and the overall survival rate doesn't look like a jab is needed. Just from what I read of course and because you and I differ in thinking a great deal then the sources we use do to.

The jab doesn't stop covid and the efficiency of the three jabs is said to be as low as 42% in one of them to 70% with the other two. The jab won't stop covid and I read there are medical drugs that reduce the covid experience to far less destructive.

We will see.

The hospitalization and death rates are a lot higher on my personal risk assessment matrix than are the infection rates.

I'll take a 42% effective chance of avoiding infection if it comes with a 98% effective chance of avoiding severe symptoms.

The numbers from ICUs about how many patients are vaccinated and unvaccinated have made me a lot more confident in my decision than I was when I got the shot. Back in April we were just trusting what we were being told, now I have seen with my own eyes among my community that it's apparently working. The only people I see getting real sick now are those who haven't gotten the jab.

I guess we'll see what happens in the future, but so far I'm only getting more impressed by the vaccines. It would be nice if they were more effective at preventing a transmissable infection, but as long as they make me 90% less likely to be hospitalized, I'll take it.

Risk is what I look at, covid is survived by many and the overall survival rate doesn't look like a jab is needed. Just from what I read of course and because you and I differ in thinking a great deal then the sources we use do to.

The jab doesn't stop covid and the efficiency of the three jabs is said to be as low as 42% in one of them to 70% with the other two. The jab won't stop covid and I read there are medical drugs that reduce the covid experience to far less destructive.

We will see.

I think that is the crux of this as well.
It's time to move past just this medication as the only means to deal with this virus.
It's now time to figure out new treatments for the illness. I believe that us the secondary point that is not discussed or publicized enough.

I think that is the crux of this as well.
It's time to move past just this medication as the only means to deal with this virus.
It's now time to figure out new treatments for the illness. I believe that us the secondary point that is not discussed or publicized enough.
It's the main "preventive" measure, which I think is why it's so publicized. Theoretically, any therapeutic treatments would take place after infection under the care of a doctor, so they would not need such an aggressive public awareness campaign.

It is not helped by that campaign looking less like "awareness" and more like "do it now or you're a terrible human."

The hospitalization and death rates are a lot higher on my personal risk assessment matrix than are the infection rates.

I'll take a 42% effective chance of avoiding infection if it comes with a 98% effective chance of avoiding severe symptoms.

The numbers from ICUs about how many patients are vaccinated and unvaccinated have made me a lot more confident in my decision than I was when I got the shot. Back in April we were just trusting what we were being told, now I have seen with my own eyes among my community that it's apparently working. The only people I see getting real sick now are those who haven't gotten the jab.

I guess we'll see what happens in the future, but so far I'm only getting more impressed by the vaccines. It would be nice if they were more effective at preventing a transmissable infection, but as long as they make me 90% less likely to be hospitalized, I'll take it.
An old gal friend acquaintance of father-in-law's won't put that "Poisson" in her. Yep, she got it and so did 37 others in her church. She said she wished she was dead while she was dealing with it. But then this gal cuts down trees by her house because one almost fell on it once years ago.

The stories of how easy the new strain spread's is what got me to get the vax. My second dose comes tomorrow. I wish to hell everyone would get it. I'm sick of seeing masked zombies! And being one myself when ever I have to go in some where.

I'd never say that people, by law, have to get it though. I've been wondering if people were like that when the polio vaccine came out? I remember getting that twice. One on a sugar cube and one little pimple thing put under the skin on the forearm with a syringe.

Last Edited:

I tend to get more info than just government numbers, I read the covid test they have been using give a great deal of false positives . If that's true then a lot of people were told they had it and didn't.

My biggest test of truth is following the history of covid. From what I watched with Rand Paul taking Fauci to task its pretty obvious he had a lot to do with covid and gain of function research.

My cynical nature comes out once it looks like we were lied to and it sure looks to me that the folks that created covid did so in a CCP lab with our money.

Having seen this everywhere including Sky news Australia I find there is no way I could trust the same guys who made covid to give me a vaccine. I will wait and see if all the predictions come true about how bad this experiment in vaccines is and if yall don't die from it then my concern was for nothing.

If yall die from blood clots and all the other things being warned about then my concerns were justified. From what they say, 2 years from December 2020 we will know the truth.

My truth is I would never trust liars to give me a vaccine.

Have a great rest of your day Bob and I honestly hope I am wrong as there are too many really decent people like yourself that shouldn't die from this.

An old gal friend acquaintance of father-in-law's won't put that "Poisson" in her. Yep, she got it and so did 37 others in her church. She said she wished she was dead while she was dealing with it. But then this gal cuts down trees by her houst because on almost fell on it once years ago.

The stories of how easy the new strain spread's is what got me to get the vax. My second dose comes tomorrow. I wish to hell everyone would get it. I'm sick of seeing masked zombies! And being one myself when ever I have to go in some where.

I'd never say that people, by law, have to get it though. I've been wondering if people were like that when the polio vaccine came out? I remember getting that twice. One on a sugar cube and one little pimple thing put under the skin on the forearm with a syringe.
Comparing CV-19 (a respiratory virus) and polio (paralytic disease) is the proverbial apples to oranges comparison.

This video has been removed from youtube multiple times. Why? Because it goes against the narrative

Comparing CV-19 (a respiratory virus) and polio (paralytic disease) is the proverbial apples to oranges comparison.

This video has been removed from youtube multiple times. Why? Because it goes against the narrative

True that.

I wonder if people were the same way when the measles vaccine came available? There was no measles vaccine when I had measles. I remember, some of it. Three days of it with a high fever was a blank. But I feel that maybe that made me stronger in the long run. I had scarlet fever, German measles and chicken pox too.

I have no answers. Only opinion and questions.

An old gal friend acquaintance of father-in-law's won't put that "Poisson" in her. Yep, she got it and so did 37 others in her church. She said she wished she was dead while she was dealing with it. But then this gal cuts down trees by her houst because on almost fell on it once years ago.

Good luck with the 2nd dose "nap day" if you get it sir. I had a fever around 101 for several hours and napping was my activity of choice that day. :)

It doesn't catch everybody like that though, so I wish you the best.

P.S. it's a great excuse for a day off of everything even if you don't feel it, and no one will know!

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads