JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wifey has a Galaxy Tab A. Google stopped working. Some searching was talking about a recent google update that has caused people's google on their android phone, and other android devices to stop working. Anybody else had this problem? If so how'd you fix it. She sat here at the PC and tried a bunch of things from the internet and it's still not working.

Switch to DuckDuckGo and tell Google to pound sand??
I tried that a while back and had to get rid of it. I know LITTLE about PC tech crap. Put DuckDuckGo on since it sounded good. Right away many sites would no longer work or work correctly. Something about ad blocker and crap. I am sure there is a way to work around this but I just gave up and took it back out. Had to use Google to figure out how to get rid of it :s0140:

I tried that a while back and had to get rid of it. I know LITTLE about PC tech crap. Put DuckDuckGo on since it sounded good. Right away many sites would no longer work or work correctly. Something about ad blocker and crap. I am sure there is a way to work around this but I just gave up and took it back out. Had to use Google to figure out how to get rid of it :s0140:
If you are using an ad blocker, and don't get the "turn off your ad blocker" popups when you are using Google, then Google is giving the site your information, just as if you gave permission.

This is one of the more insidious things about Google. When you use it, you lose control of your data.

Wifey has a Galaxy Tab A. Google stopped working. Some searching was talking about a recent google update that has caused people's google on their android phone, and other android devices to stop working. Anybody else had this problem? If so how'd you fix it. She sat here at the PC and tried a bunch of things from the internet and it's still not working.
Did she try deleting it and reinstalling it?

If you are using an ad blocker, and don't get the "turn off your ad blocker" popups when you are using Google, then Google is giving the site your information, just as if you gave permission.

This is one of the more insidious things about Google. When you use it, you lose control of your data.
I know this is how they make money, just don't care. I know on Android phones the reason the google boys give the OS away is for the money they make. I lead a pretty boring life so if they sell the info means nothing to me. Most all I know of this "tech" is when I turn it on I just want it to work. Have never wanted to learn enough about it to try to tweak it. I went through this many years ago with Linux. Several were telling me how great it was and they I would not be supporting Bill. So I took an old machine and put that OS on it. I could do nothing. Gave up and went back to Bill. Again I just want to turn it on and have the damn thing work. :D

Switch to DuckDuckGo and tell Google to pound sand??
I brought that up to her. That's what I always hear myself. But when your as computer stoopid as I am, well. What @Alexx1401 says is my fear. she might be stoopider than me, maybe not. o_O

Did she try deleting it and reinstalling it?
She tried a list of things. There were FIVE things, it think, to try involving, restarting tablet/google, deleting cache, hard restart, soft restart, other stuff. I just left her alone at my PC in the loading room.

She works and 5:30 AM and called a bit ago to tell me, Miracle of Miracle's! It started working! YEAH!

Thanks Ya'll :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads