JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This definitely sucks, I know the feeling. I ordered a rifle last year before December 8th. FedEx lost the package somewhere in montana.... all money was recovered and not happend to the seller or I, but it'd scary when fedex tells you it happens. Lmao wtf do you mean it happens its a firearm you think they would move mountains to find it, but they said Eh we will just pay for the missing item. Good thing is I was able to find another rifle and get it shipped and bgc done well before the 8th.

If you haven't already, go online and complete the lost mail / package info and open a case. You'll get a case # in 24hrs. I've had 3 missents in 18 months and they've all been found & redirected in 2 days or less once the case has been opened.

If you haven't already, go online and complete the lost mail / package info and open a case. You'll get a case # in 24hrs. I've had 3 missents in 18 months and they've all been found & redirected in 2 days or less once the case has been opened.
I did that last night and got a email from postal employee assigned to my case

Update. I spoke with the Postal worker assigned to my case. Very nice lady. She said the postal hub in Portland and in my area are all aware of the issue and copied on email coms. She explained the the package was mistakenly marked as " delivered" at the hub as part of a " firm delivery"? I think that means when a large amount of packages are all dropped off at a hub. It seems the postal worker hit the wrong button.

Soon as I mentioned Postal Inspectors and the ATF, she became extremely attentive. Fingers crossed it should be delivered by the end of the week. 🤞

Good to hear.

Reading through the beginning, my fraud senses were tingling. 2 tracking numbers, wired the funds, those sort of things start to spell out scam in my book.

As much as I appreciate the sound of you being proactive, part of me says you should be dealing the person who sold you the gun and not the post office.

Best of luck getting what you paid for!

Good to hear.

Reading through the beginning, my fraud senses were tingling. 2 tracking numbers, wired the funds, those sort of things start to spell out scam in my book.

As much as I appreciate the sound of you being proactive, part of me says you should be dealing the person who sold you the gun and not the post office.

Best of luck getting what you paid for!
I agree. The seller is a small town FFL with a 01 and 07. I verified all his information with the ATF E-Check site. Apparently he doesn't have a payment processor setup to accept cards which is a bit strange.( hot topic as most companies charge 3% now) He's been working with me and returning phone calls and even left me a voicemail.

Hopefully it turns up soon.

I agree. The seller is a small town FFL with a 01 and 07. I verified all his information with the ATF E-Check site. Apparently he doesn't have a payment processor setup to accept cards which is a bit strange.( hot topic as most companies charge 3% now) He's been working with me and returning phone calls and even left me a voicemail.

Hopefully it turns up soon.
That's still not enough for me honestly.

Scammers has been known to use smaller shops as decoys. Easy to use a real FFL that doesn't sell on Gunbroker as your own. The FFL don't even know the scammer is using their information on Gunbroker as they don't sell on their and are likely really small or barely functioning. Either is great for the scammer as the FFL likely won't ever know about it.

Hopefully this person isn't doing the "keep them in the line long enough for the check to clear" thing. IE, act like they are helping so you don't immediately retract money, by the time they have the cash, you are screwed. Then it'sa fight with the bank as they already have the $$$. Especially since you are running around chasing the package.

I might be completely crazy, but I've been scammed too many times. It's ridiculous how easy it is to fall victim these days.

I shipped 2 ARs, 2 weeks before a hog hunt. They never made it, tracking number was worthless. I called USPS a lot, dealt with a lot of worthless call-center drones, and eventually got 2 guys who worked in the back and actually knew something. They told me it was very unlikely that the rifles were lost, and that they were mis -shipped and had a bad number and sometimes that happens. I knew those rifles were GONE.

2 weeks after the hunt was over, and I had flown home, the rifles arrived. The tracking number said they were signed for. My dad found them sitting on the front step.
I'm wondering why you didn't take them with you and declare your guns in checked baggage? I've done this numerous times over the years and only had one problem with a witch at SeaTac airport that gave me sh!t for having guns and she wanted nothing to do with me. Her supervisor did not think that was funny at all.

That's still not enough for me honestly.

Scammers has been known to use smaller shops as decoys. Easy to use a real FFL that doesn't sell on Gunbroker as your own. The FFL don't even know the scammer is using their information on Gunbroker as they don't sell on their and are likely really small or barely functioning. Either is great for the scammer as the FFL likely won't ever know about it.

Hopefully this person isn't doing the "keep them in the line long enough for the check to clear" thing. IE, act like they are helping so you don't immediately retract money, by the time they have the cash, you are screwed. Then it'sa fight with the bank as they already have the $$$. Especially since you are running around chasing the package.

I might be completely crazy, but I've been scammed too many times. It's ridiculous how easy it is to fall victim these days.
Believe me, I thought the same exact things. I verified all his information. The phone number matches to the one listed on the ATF FFL record, his business licenses and DBA from the State's website all match. I think the guy is just a amateur small town FFL type. Sure he could always burn me, he'd be at total risk of losing his FFL licenses if I reported him.

I purchased a firearm from a small FFL ( firearms dealer)on Gubroker who was in Utah to have the pistol shipped to my local dealer in my area. That was the start of some odd occurrences going on with the deal. There was two tracking numbers associated with this delivery 1) with insurance for $100.00 which is the only valid tracking number and 2) One with requested amount of up to $1400.00. The first tracking number was the only that seemed to work. Okay, whatever I thought that seems a bit strange and odd. On the receipt it shows the itemized breakdown indicating this. Essentially two tracking numbers. Transaction numbers associated with the sellers information. Either he or USPS screwed up.

Fast forward to today. I que up the tracking information to see it was delivered an hour north of at me at a " PO BOX in Portland" So naturally, Immediately I call the 1800 USPS call center and they were doing their best to help me. But explained to me that they couldn't " release the information due to security concerns". I told them, what?? excuse me but this is a firearm that's misdelivered to the wrong person. I even asked for a postal inspector which went nowhere.

After hitting a dead end with the 1800 USPS number. I drove down to my local trusted Post Office where they've been excellent and the postal worker explained to me that it looks like its a " missent package" and that it should be delivered tomorrow sometime or at the end of week. I still don't understand how this could happen. Does anyone have experience with this type of ordeal?

I asked if it doesn't show up I suppose I'll file a police report and write it off as a loss.

The postal worker said I should be able to track the package and see what she does. I said, on my end on USPS's website it just says " delivered at PO box"

I also called the USPS postal inspector law enforcement number and they referred me back to the 1800 USPS general number. Still waiting to hear back from the seller as I texted him. This whole thing has been a bizarre series of a events.

My impression from the USPS Postal Inspector Law Enforcement arm is that they generally don't give a damn and that tons of firearms go missing every year with little to no investigative work.
That 1 800 USPS number is not manned by USPS employees. They are a 3rd party who don't care about your problems. I know because when I moved they were no help no matter how many times I tried to correct things. I would go ahead and file a police report protect yourself. Hope you paid by credit card. You will get zero help from the USPS. Even if the police tell you to contact them demand a stolen weapon report be filed. You would need that to file a claim insurance or to deny payment. Who put the $100 valuation on the shipment?

Update it arrived at the FFL, my FFL called me and told me the postal carrier just drop it off. Apparently the postal worker made the comment that " everyone was in the loop" about the package. The postal scans on USPS still show its stuck in Portland. What a cluster... Im just glad it got to my FFL

Update it arrived at the FFL, my FFL called me and told me the postal carrier just drop it off. Apparently the postal worker made the comment that " everyone was in the loop" about the package. The postal scans on USPS still show its stuck in Portland. What a cluster... Im just glad it got to my FFL
Excellent news.

In the near future, USPS will be run by AI and robots, so all these type of problems will be a thing of the past.
I had a previous bad encounter with USPS in the past month or so. I bought a another firearm off a auction site online and they did everything correctly. I followed the USPS scans and it displayed " Item is ready for pick up at Salem USPS Hub". I called the 800 number and asked them why it wasn't delivered to the business listed on the package? They said " Well sir, its ready for you to pick up at the hub." I thought to myself ohhh boy... I better drive to the hub and get this sorted out.

I get to the USPS hub in Salem, and they were ready to hand over to the firearm to me. I told them it needs to go the FFL or the dealer listed on the address. " Oh are you with the business listed or the FFL?" Me " No, i'm the buyer and it needs to be delivered, why wasn't this delivered???" Postal Worker " It looks like their 'mailbox was blocked', we'll get it on a truck and have it delivered right now":eek: I literally watched the postal worker load up the rifle package and I followed him to the FFL he dropped it off inside. He leaves and I walk in...

Can't make this stuff up. In the future I'm avoiding USPS like the plague. I suggest everyone does aswell.. At least in the Oregon area they appear to be totally inept.🤡

I'm wondering why you didn't take them with you and declare your guns in checked baggage? I've done this numerous times over the years and only had one problem with a witch at SeaTac airport that gave me sh!t for having guns and she wanted nothing to do with me. Her supervisor did not think that was funny at all.
Last few times we flew I shipped guns to myself. Checking them at the airline is "supposed to be a snap". The system was set up to be simple. The problem is humans run this simple system. For anyone who cares you could spend days reading the stories of problems ranging from minor PITA, to full blown FUBAR flying with a gun. Everyone has to decide which risk they want to take. I personally will always ship myself unless I have no choice and have to check a gun through.

Last few times we flew I shipped guns to myself. Checking them at the airline is "supposed to be a snap". The system was set up to be simple. The problem is humans run this simple system. For anyone who cares you could spend days reading the stories of problems ranging from minor PITA, to full blown FUBAR flying with a gun. Everyone has to decide which risk they want to take. I personally will always ship myself unless I have no choice and have to check a gun through.
I feel confident about flying with my guns, not everyone agrees but that's their opinion.

I feel confident about flying with my guns, not everyone agrees but that's their opinion.
I've flown with pistols a few times, and had minor PITA experiences. First time the counter lady actually started to hyperventilate and a male employee had to take over, that was amusing. My favorite was coming back from Hawaii, the security guy in Maui airport pulls the gun out from the case, takes a sight picture, racks the slide a few times and tries the trigger. After that experience of some airport schlub finger diddling my firearm, I disassemble the pistol and chain the parts together with 2 cable locks thru the barrel, the slide and the magazine well, so it looks like a big broken chunk of nothing in the case. No one has messed with it since.

I shipped the rifles for the hog hunt to avoid the airline hassle, which obviously didn't work out for me, that time.

Good news, glad it worked out.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR