JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unfortunately, I have also had an issue with FedEx and it was far worse than anything that UPS ever did. I got a killer deal on a used outboard and it was crated and shipped to me via FedEx ground (from Indiana). It was left on my front step which I did not think was a problem, however when I opened the crate and tried taking out the outboard, I have noticed that the mount was busted. The way the outboard was secured in the crate was using the mount to clamp it down to a 2x4. They must have thrown that box really good to bust that mount. I called FexEx to let them know there was shipping damage and they said that to leave it outside and they would pick it up. It sat on my front porch for a week, and finally I was told that there was nothing wrong with it and they shipped it back to the seller. I told them that in order to see the damage, they had to remove the item (which obviously they have not done). They said it was too late, the shipment was en-route and they had no way of re-directing it.
Things got more interesting after that. I could not file the claim against them for damage - the shipper had to do it. Which he did. After 6 months, there was still no resolution and they were less responsive than a government bureaucrat on his lunch break. Finally I filled a complaint with BBB, and that got things moving (someone higher up in their food chain got involved).
I got a refund from them, but I still ended up losing out. The outboard was worth about $450, and I got $275, because apparently if I get an awesome deal on eBay, it gets passed onto them when they destroy it in shipping.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top