JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yesterday morning, according to FedEx tracking on their website, I had a package out for delivery at 7:30 AM from Tualatin, expected to deliver by 3:45. Since it's that time of year when you have to be stealthy and porch pirates are out in force I signed up to get text alerts so I could make the intercept before either Mrs, 3M or a pirate got to it.

Unfortunately some weather calamity happened between Tualatin and Oregon City yesterday... Surely they didn't just lose it and then made up a "dog ate my homework" story? Does anybody know if there were any survivors of whatever must have surely devastated Wilamette or West Linn?

FedEx: fedex.com/t/54875ABCDEFG/en_US Hi, your package is now out for delivery. Reply HELP for help. STOP to cancel.​
FedEx: fedex.com/t/54875ABCDEFG/en_US Hi, your package is delayed due to weather. It is scheduled to arrive on 12/06. Reply HELP for help. STOP to cancel.​
FedEx: fedex.com/t/54875ABCDEFG/en_US Your delivery is rescheduled to Mon, 12/06. Reply HELP for help. STOP to cancel.​

What's your best/memorable lame excuse for delivery or anything else?

Not sure why some businesses have so much trouble shipping. I order from Midwayusa and I get quick service and know where my package is all the time.

I ordered for the first time from PSA and they are pretty sad in the way they handle shipping and contact. Still haven't received my package from them while I ordered the same day as Midway and its been here for two days.

Not sure why some businesses have so much trouble shipping. I order from Midwayusa and I get quick service and know where my package is all the time.

I ordered for the first time from PSA and they are pretty sad in the way they handle shipping and contact. Still haven't received my package from them while I ordered the same day as Midway and its been here for two days.
I've had good results with PSA, but have heard a few horror stories. The only time I had a real issue was some ammuntion about four years ago. I called them and got through pretty quickly. Their rep was up front and said they had dropped the ball, then sent it out the next day with expedited shipping.

I've had good results with PSA, but have heard a few horror stories. The only time I had a real issue was some ammuntion about four years ago. I called them and got through pretty quickly. Their rep was up front and said they had dropped the ball, then sent it out the next day with expedited shipping.
Their contact is pretty bad and they don't have good knowledge of where your order is. I won't buy from them again because they said 3 to 5 business days and I ordered on the 26th and still no package. Life is too short to put up with slow service especially since other companies are able to get products shipped on time.

It was a first time buy to see if I could trust them with bigger purchases.

I just checked my order again and it says it still hasn't been shipped even with the promiss of 3 to 5 business days. Ordered on the 26th.

Last Edited:
It's FedEx. They are the worst in the logistics business.
It's the second time I've had this exact same scenario from FedEx, but UPS is almost as flaky. USPS? Well, I get to exchange mail and packages with at least one neighbor in a two block area at least once a week.

USPS has claimed twice that they made deliveries that never happened, Once was for a pharmacy package that showed up a week after delivery notification in rough shape, the second a coat that simply never arrived. If it had made it to the porch I'd have video, and my mail box locks.

I just think it's funny that FedEx chooses to lie, like I wouldn't know if a nearby stretch of I-205 was closed and if so why it takes several days longer. Just fess up and say you blew a scan and it's on it's way.

I see packages being delivered out of the back of U Haul trucks. I am walking the dog and here is the Uhaul open back full of packages stacked on top of each other.:confused:

Last Edited:

I've ordered several times from PSA over the years and always had a good experience. I'd be tempted to give them a break. 75% of the stuff I've ordered online this year has had shipping issues, no matter who I ordered it from. The phrase "You can't get good help anymore" has never been more true.

I've ordered several times from PSA over the years and always had a good experience. I'd be tempted to give them a break. 75% of the stuff I've ordered online this year has had shipping issues, no matter who I ordered it from. The phrase "You can't get good help anymore" has never been more true.
I have had great service from many companies and thats why it pains me when a company let's me down. It's not what I am used to.

COME-on-man.jpg
It's all going according to plan.

Is that you Brandon?

Aloha, Mark

I live on a gated property. Most have been pretty good once they figured it out. On day Amazon was coming . The little map showed where the driver was. I went down to gates, was waiting. Woman pulls up, seeing me standing there with flash light, I wave, she waves, proceeds to drive off. Little later I get a text saying she could not make the delivery due to the gates being locked. I sent them a little note on what a fine hire they made with her. Must have gotten someone's attention as several times now one of the drivers has called me from the gate saying he is here. The best is of course USPS. Often they deliver for Amazon on Sunday. Almost every time I get a notification saying they could not make the delivery due to the gates being locked. Problem is they are doing this midday while gates are wide open. So driver is never even trying. I complained a couple times and got just what I expected. They act like they do not speak English and can't understand what I am telling them so I gave up. Now when I see Amazon is sending something by USPS and it shows a Sunday delivery I do not even look for it to be here till Monday. Now and then one of them actually shocks me and does pull up and make the delivery.

It's FedEx. They are the worst in the logistics business.
Something happened to them a good while back. They used to be the gold standard. Couple decades back or so they did something and it went in the toilet. FedEx now makes the USPS looks good. That is saying something. I have to "guess" its all the competition now? I HATE it when I order ammo and see it's coming FedEx because I always wonder if I will ever see the damn package. They are famous here for not just delays, they claim they made the delivery and were never at the house. That is the ones that are fun.

Sadly that is often the case. So many employers are now at the point of "can you fog a mirror, you are hired". One co worker has a spouse working for Safeway. They regularly have staff who work part of their shift and just go home. The Co. told her to allow it as long as they show up the next day. Telling her if they fire them they will have nobody so better to get a few hours of work out of them if they will at least show up the next day. 🤬
Lets go Brandon! Sure glad we no longer have those mean tweets. 🤬

RE : Post #14

I think that maybe (indirectly) they are saying.....

Why not just arrange to pick up your packages at the closest Amazon (or UPS) Delivery place? I guess the same idea could extend to the USPS.

NOT saying that it's RIGHT. But, it saves them time. And their profits go UP, Up, up.

Aloha, Mark

PS....Think about all of the gas/diesel wasted (going back and forth trying to deliver your package). And the pollution caused by the burning of those fossil fuels.
How_Dare_You.gif
Cause we all know that in her day......
She walked uphill, in the snow, both ways, just to pick up her packages.

WAIT, Wait, wait........Brandon has an idea to switch the vehicles to electric.

BUT, But, but....
That doesn't solve the problem of the non-preforming delivery workers.

Well, they could be replaced and/or get into another free Govt Program. This new Govt Program.....will pay them, NOT to work. Now, isn't that better?

Last Edited:
Sadly that is often the case. So many employers are now at the point of "can you fog a mirror, you are hired". One co worker has a spouse working for Safeway. They regularly have staff who work part of their shift and just go home. The Co. told her to allow it as long as they show up the next day. Telling her if they fire them they will have nobody so better to get a few hours of work out of them if they will at least show up the next day. 🤬
Lets go Brandon! Sure glad we no longer have those mean tweets. 🤬
Too bad that they don't see it as an opportunity. If you are the wolf amongst the sheep in a work environment you can really write your own ticket.

RE : Post #14

I think that maybe (indirectly) they are saying.....

Why not just arrange to pick up your packages at the closest Amazon (or UPS) Delivery place? I guess the same idea could extend to the USPS.

NOT saying that it's RIGHT. But, it saves them time. And their profits go UP, Up, up.

Aloha, Mark
They have pushed that a few times since we moved here. Asking wouldn't you really like to use one of our self service lockers. If it was a choice between that or nothing? I would use one. To me the entire reason I love online shopping is the stuff is dropped at my door. The guys who call me now I always thank and say just drop it there I am on the way. They always wait for me anyway. These are the Amazon drivers who work for them. The USPS is well the USPS. They can't be fired so this is what you get. FedEx the problem is seldom delays, its them claiming they made a delivery. They probably did, just not here. That one is often fun over the phone. UPS if they come too late just say they will try again and them I let that go as the damn hub is on the other side of the county in a place that is NOT to be at rush hour. A :20 trip can easily turn into an hour or better. So them when they miss me I just wait. One of these days I may splurge and get a remote opening for the gates. So I can open and close them from the house. Now that would be sweet. :D

Too bad that they don't see it as an opportunity. If you are the wolf amongst the sheep in a work environment you can really write your own ticket.

My wife and I have taken on side hustles this year. It's been financially lucrative to say the least.
Anyone that complains they can't find a job or make money is lazy, incompetent, or dead.
Jobs and money are low hanging fruit in this current labor market.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top