JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Favorite Caffeine Delivery method...

I enjoy a good "blonde" roast

1e53e4e850292093973c738a8b071e05.jpg

uiMachine.jpg
MTpockets double shot from this morning....hope you can't see my PJs in the reflection.
uiCreme.jpeg

Needs a little cleanup...

When I have good beans, this is my favorite method. On mornings that I am not making a solid breakfast, I steam up some half-n-half with a drizzle of honey to make it a breve latte. The machine is not considered expensive in the world of espresso, and it also helps that it was gifted to me. But, coffee is great anytime, and fine when prepared almost anyway. I have a Chemex for pour-over and a few French presses. Nothing fancy but they all get the job done.

I love a decent tea as well, but it is difficult for me to hold my pinky in the proper configuration. :s0074:

Around these here parts, there is ONE rule first and formost, NO Cofveve, No Ura-Ki, PERIOD!

We normally stock up on LaVazza Brand Italian Coffee, their Grand Selection and Espresso are the gold standard. If i'm feelin sporty, it's brewed up Mediterranean style, or if the Wife is in a "Mood" done in the french press! LOL

Brewed in this over an Open flame.
1664749538454.png
And enjoyed in this!
1664749836146.png

Don't ask about the Wife's Tea Habits, thats a whole production in it's self!

I love ultra dark beans fresh ground and pressed. I found these for backpacking and camping and found that I really like them and one in the morning seems to be all the caffeine I need. I think it's just less than 12 bucks for 20 packets at the local Wal store.

image.jpg

The only time I go into Starbucks so I can order a "Jumbo" size house coffee then get to watch the blue haired barista with a nose ring and gauged ears repeat the cup sizes in Italian. I then ask if they speak Italian. When they say "no" I reply "go ahead and make it a jumbo".

The only time I go into Starbucks so I can order a "Jumbo" size house coffee then get to watch the blue haired barista with a nose ring and gauged ears repeat the cup sizes in Italian. I then ask if they speak Italian. When they say "no" I reply "go ahead and make it a jumbo".

Gonna try that.

I once met a guy who was really into coffee enemas.

He said something like "It just makes me feel so energized, but I don't know why."

He was not very smart.

Gonna try that.
If they say "Yes, I speak Italian" the correct response is "Well I don't and don't have time to learn, so fetch me up a jumbo!!"*

* you just said "make me a sammich, hun!" without saying sammich. Under no cirumstance drink the coffee if it has been out of your sight for even a half second..

Buddy of mine has been roasting his own beans for the last 10+ years. He has it down to a science, and I've been ordering it from him for the past several years now. Definitely my favorite coffee. If anyone is interested in trying it out, shoot me a PM. Happy to ship if needed.

I quit. Took a bit, fell off the wagon a few times but it is nice having a clear head without that morning drag.

Before I was an espresso guy. Had the same machine as MT Pockets. Used it every day for at least 6-8 years. Couldn't tell you the amount of money saved!

My absolute favorite way I used to take caffeine, was a double shot of espresso poured over caramel sauce (aka actual caramel not the thin sugary syrup), swirl until blended them top with whipped cream. Swirl the whipped cream a bit into the caramel espresso mix and drink.

Lately I've been enjoying lighter caffeine in various green teas. My favorite being a traditional Japanese tea called Genmaicha which has toasted rice in it and it's very smooth.

I know I'm not 100% off the wagon, but vastly better than the insane amounts of the stuff I used to consume.

I quit. Took a bit, fell off the wagon a few times but it is nice having a clear head without that morning drag.

Before I was an espresso guy. Had the same machine as MT Pockets. Used it every day for at least 6-8 years. Couldn't tell you the amount of money saved!

My absolute favorite way I used to take caffeine, was a double shot of espresso poured over caramel sauce (aka actual caramel not the thin sugary syrup), swirl until blended them top with whipped cream. Swirl the whipped cream a bit into the caramel espresso mix and drink.

Lately I've been enjoying lighter caffeine in various green teas. My favorite being a traditional Japanese tea called Genmaicha which has toasted rice in it and it's very smooth.

I know I'm not 100% off the wagon, but vastly better than the insane amounts of the stuff I used to consume.
I tried no coffee in the morning for two years in my college days. I was basically asleep and like a zombie in class until around 11 am, for 2 years. Never again for me. Everybody is different. Pop with caffeine makes me more alert than coffee for some reason but I stick to coffee in the am.

If you don't mind me asking, overall, have you seen many health benefits? Mental, physical, or a mix?

Many years ago I was off caffeine, then light like Oolong in the morning. Later went back to the good stuff (black tea or coffee). Part of my reason for asking is my recollection that was any benefit I had from abstaining was pretty minimal. But I've been wrong before. (Completely removing alcohol was easily one of the best decisions made, because the results have been dramatic, and almost entirely positive. I just don't remember kicking coffee having a big impact, but may be worth looking at again. :))

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top