JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
And I will be meeting the local Postmaster Monday with copies these timestamped pictures.

So Mrs 3M is under the weather and was up all night. I had some deliveries scheduled and so I taped a pair of "Don't Ring Doorbell" signs to my storm door so it would be read open or closed, then opened the door so it covered the doorbell. Foolproof, one would think...

... Then along came a package I bought from Amazon and delivered by the USPS. A*****e Delivery Guy reads sign
1661647398159.png

A*****e Delivery Guy reaches in
1661647488115.png

A*****e Delivery Guy rings doorbell
1661647571916.png

Guess he does not realize that video doorbells record A*******y and pissed off people are more than happy to show them to his boss

Last Edited:
Maybe he's ESL? Sometimes for people who are English Second Language, they need pictures along with the words.

I have to write operations procedures that are used here in the USA and in Malaysia.

Sadly he may well not be able to read English. USPS has in many places been using a LOT of temp hires to fill spots who can not speak English well at all. I have often wondered how the hell they find the places they are supposed to deliver too.

I've dealt with many delivery drivers that can speak the English language without comprehending the English language. It's prevalent enough that I'm starting to wonder if illiteracy is a job requirement.

Getting into an argument with an angry Russian over the fact that he's at the wrong address and needs to drive down the street another block (it's the only other facility on this side of the damn road, Ivan!) makes for a fun work day... if you happen to be fond of headaches.

I've dealt with many delivery drivers that can speak the English language without comprehending the English language. It's prevalent enough that I'm starting to wonder if illiteracy is a job requirement.

Getting into an argument with an angry Russian over the fact that he's at the wrong address and needs to drive down the street another block (it's the only other facility on this side of the damn road, Ivan!) makes for a fun work day... if you happen to be fond of headaches.
Years ago we had the same mail carrier for a few months. CONSTANT problems with all of us having to exchange mail delivered to wrong address. One day Wife caught the guy leaving our stuff on the other side of the street. When she was trying to show him the package, and pointing at how the address's on that side of the street were odd, ours even, he kept telling her everyone was angry with him and it was not his fault? Exactly who's fault it was is a mystery I guess. He had a VERY heavy African accent to his English. So heavy it was hard to understand him yet he passed the test (if there is one) to deliver the US mail :confused:

And I will be meeting the local Postmaster Monday with copies these timestamped pictures.

So Mrs 3M is under the weather and was up all night. I had some deliveries scheduled and so I taped a pair of "Don't Ring Doorbell" signs to my storm door so it would be read open or closed, then opened the door so it covered the doorbell. Foolproof, one would think...

... Then along came a package I bought from Amazon and delivered by the USPS. A*****e Delivery Guy reads sign
View attachment 1266331

A*****e Delivery Guy reaches in
View attachment 1266332

A*****e Delivery Guy rings doorbell
View attachment 1266333

Guess he does not realize that video doorbells record A*******y and pissed off people are more than happy to show them to his boss
The boogerhook is strong in him.

I understand the idea behind the sign / note....and agree that it should have worked.

Something to consider here is that muscle memory ain't just for those who shoot...
Maybe its just ingrained habit for him to ring after dropping off packages.

With that said...
Situational awareness ain't just for those who shoot either...
Read the damn sign...:D
Andy

Maybe he's ESL? Sometimes for people who are English Second Language, they need pictures along with the words.

I have to write operations procedures that are used here in the USA and in Malaysia.
Great thought! I'm going to translate into Spanish, Russian, and French (could be Eastern Canuckian) and maybe a graphic showing some guy getting hit with a baseball bat while ringing a doorbell.

You also have to remember that some people don't have any common sense and don't think.

If the normal procedure/policy is ring the doorbell then that's what they do, even if you explain not to in totally understandable terms. They read but don't think, they just do. That's my guess anyway. The ESL thing is certainly possible too.

We had a lower IQ employee once I literally told 15 times or more, do not do this simple thing. Then first thing when I am gone what do they do? Exactly what they were told at least 15 times not to do.

You also have to remember that some people don't have any common sense and don't think.

If the normal procedure/policy is ring the doorbell then that's what they do, even if you explain not to in totally understandable terms. They read but don't think, they just do. That's my guess anyway. The ESL thing is certainly possible too.

We had a lower IQ employee once I literally told 15 times or more, do not do this simple thing. Then first thing when I am gone what do they do? Exactly what they were told at least 15 times not to do.
I've had several deliveries from UPS FedEx and USPS where they don't ring the doorbell with the sign in place. Sometimes UPS or FedEx will ring or knock without the sign, but not often.

And when the package gets stolen or how come they didn't ring the doorbell is the statement. Just like the comments in the thread about the school receiving the rifles.

Not taking sides but it sounds like no matter what happens there's always something that makes people want to point out things to others. Sorry your wife was feeling terrible.

And when the package gets stolen or how come they didn't ring the doorbell is the statement. Just like the comments in the thread about the school receiving the rifles.

Not taking sides but it sounds like no matter what happens there's always something that makes people want to point out things to others. Sorry your wife was feeling terrible.
If I leave a note that says don't press the dooor bell they can simply take a picture of it the same way they take a picture showing the delivered package. As it is, without the sign, fewer than ten percent will knock or ring the doorbell. Sometimes they even quietly drop stuff off in front of my garage so they don't have to carry the package up the steps to my entry.

Great thought! I'm going to translate into Spanish, Russian, and French (could be Eastern Canuckian) and maybe a graphic showing some guy getting hit with a baseball bat while ringing a doorbell.
The state of California requires me to wear a choking hazard sign at all times.

I had an employee back when I worked at a drive-through burger joint. He liked to visit the other work stations. I finally put a square of tape down around his station and told him I'd fire him if he left the area w/o permission.

Yep. The same day. I need your hat and apron.

P

I had an employee back when I worked at a drive-through burger joint. He liked to visit the other work stations. I finally put a square of tape down around his station and told him I'd fire him if he left the area w/o permission.

Yep. The same day. I need your hat and apron.

P
I got fired from a job for yelling at a, let's say spuriously documented person for doing the exact opposite of what I told him to do three times in one day. He knew English far better than he let on and used that to get away with bubblegum. In retrospect, my method of verifying his language skills was a bit too direct. I probably should have left his mother out of it.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews