JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
UPS drove up to the house and dropped a package on the doorstep then rang the doorbell and left. By the time I got to the door he was long gone. Looking at the package it was delivered to the wrong address and should have been taken to a house a few streets over.

So I ain't a theif so I decided to call UPS and tell them to come get the package. Nope they didn't have a UPS number in the phone book, only a UPS store number from another town. So I called the store and the clerk said UPS purposely leaves out their number from the phone book but he gave me a 1-800 number to call.

So I call them and tell a very nice lady what had happened. After some length of time she said someone would stop by and pick up the package but she would like my phone number to call ahead. Upon a brief reflection of all the times I have been jacked around by UPS and their fees being sky high I decided to not give my phone number. I told them If I have to leave I will just dump it on the porch the same way they do. If it's good enough for them it's good enough for me.

jj:s0114:

UPS drops stuff off at my next door neighbors all of the time that was meant for me. I would normally call the 1-800 number and then they go looking for it. Postal service does the same thing except they sound even more bothered when i call to ask where my stuff is.

For some reason I have had quite a few
I tell them I left it on the front porch where they left it.
If they are worried about it disappearing - they should get someone out quickly.

They disappear and no phone numbers ever given out.

Yeah, we've had our fair share of UPS problems out in the rural area where I live. Leaving packages slung over the fence and they disappear. Recently they have taken to dropping them at the post office. Why pay for UPS if they are taking it to the post office???? Then I have to take time away from work to get to the PO during working hours.

On Post Office drop offs.

I have seen a few cases recently where UPS ships but it is then transferred to the POSt Office for final delivery or a contractor.
If you track it you will see delivered to Post Office. Tracking stops and it is now in the USPS system.

This may be due to where we live?
But we get Fedex and UPS shipments all the time
It is a conscious plan of UPS + USPS?

Supposedly the Post Office is an official "UPS drop" location. However, I don't think you can ship UPS from there? I think it's just a convenient place for a driver to drop the package when he's running behind.

It wouldn't be so bad, but they don't tell you until after the delivery is made. So you are sitting at home, watching the tracking and then it says " Delivered to post office". WTF? What part of delivery don't they get? Kind of defeats the premise of package delivery if you don't deliver it to the intended person!

Exactly - I was expecting a package I did not want left outside.
I was tracking it and thought it is going to get here early Showed arriving in POrtland for distribution
Nope - all of a sudden it shows delivered to USPS for delivery and delivered the next day.
Problem is - you cannot track it anymore.

Evidently it is done more than I would have thought

So you are sitting at home, watching the tracking and then it says " Delivered to post office". WTF? What part of delivery don't they get? Kind of defeats the premise of package delivery if you don't deliver it to the intended person!

The UPS often uses the USPS as a carrier for "ground" packages, and even at times has them complete the final delivery.

Then I can see why USPS is going broke and UPS is making profit. UPS can dump their work on a bunch of chumps at the post office! Think how much fuel and time they save by not actually delivering the package to my waiting hands!

I usually pay extra shipping to have items delivered to my home. If I wanted them lost in the vacuum that is USPS I would have chose them as my shipper!

Well I called UPS and told them like I said, so today I called the manufacturer of the package that came to me. She didn't sound too impressed with all this but my take was that she would end up selling another of the same product due to UPS failure and let the insurance pay for it. I have had the package sitting on the front step for days and even seen a UPS truck drive by, it's still there.

What does this tell you should you send a package?

jj

Jim,

I think you have done the right thing by making an effort to make right their wrong.

I have similar sentiments about UPS, I have referred to them as OOPS, just after the brady ban hit its sunset, they did me wrong.
I was sitting at home all day waiting for a delivery of 20 preban police trade in mags, and just after 2:00 PM, it said delivered.

So I go and open the door, and there was no package, and no ring at the doorbell earlier.
I go back to the computer and look at the address where delivered and it was to the correct street number, wrong street.

They dropped it in front of a closed business one block over.
It was not there when I walked over there to find it.

I called UPS, asked where my package was, called the shipping company and asked where my package was, went thru 2 weeks of hell trying to hold them responsible, even when I had paid shipping insurance.
I finally got the dollar amount of my order in other things shipped to me, and not the mags because they had no more of what I specifically wanted.

I don't really like UPS.

I recently purchased a decent amount of ammunition (less than a pallet, more than should be carried by one person). I made it clear that I did not want this package dumped on my front porch to the vendor, then called UPS once a tracking number was generated and also told them not to leave this package on my front porch due to thefts in the area. I then tracked the package (slow week at work). Came home and there it sat with "Signature required" and "Do not leave unattended" writing and stickers all over it. Sweet Jesus, but these guys just dont give a crap and don't care who knows it. I sometimes wish I could live a life as unemcumbered by things like professonialism, attention to detail and work ethics as these guys.

Don't even get me started on how bad UPS is. At my old house the UPS driver refused to drive down my long driveway and would leave packages under the bushes at the road. When he left a package of electronics in the bushes in the rain I complained, he retaliated by wrapping my next package in plastic and tying it from a tree branch hanging over my driveway. My wife came home and saw it, called me and told me she was leaving it there for me to see. I had to stand on the bumper of my 4x4 truck to reach the bottom of the bag and pull it down to untie it from the branch.
On another package he wrote "I'm never delivering to you again."
They have shat upon me so badly that I won't use them, I even pay more to get slower shipping options just to avoid UPS.

So if they deliver it to the wrong place , you call them and several days go by with no one picking it up
Do you claim it as yours?
Just my luck it would be some baby carrier vs a firearm.

Interesting note:
I had to sent my Firearm back to the factory. They only use Fedex - NO UPS or USPS

Well after three days on the front steps it's gone. Don't know who got it but it's no longer my concern and neither is UPS.

jj

UPS came by while I was outside, he had two boxes. One marked 1 of 1 and another marked 2 of 2. I knew there should have been a 1 of 2. The driver said it must be on another truck and left. Two days later the missing box showed up. They NEVER ring my doorbell to let me know something is there.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top