JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you don't mind me asking, overall, have you seen many health benefits? Mental, physical, or a mix?

Many years ago I was off caffeine, then light like Oolong in the morning. Later went back to the good stuff (black tea or coffee). Part of my reason for asking is my recollection that was any benefit I had from abstaining was pretty minimal. But I've been wrong before. (Completely removing alcohol was easily one of the best decisions made, because the results have been dramatic, and almost entirely positive. I just don't remember kicking coffee having a big impact, but may be worth looking at again. :))
Wholeheartedly believe my health has improved. Especially my mornings, I'm up and clear headed. When on caffeine, I'd be dead to the world until it was flowing strongly through my veins. I was a heavy caffeine type. Usually 2-3 shots of espresso in the morning, a cup or two of coffee later, a Coke or something in the afternoon. It was a lot. It might also be the fact that I drink way more water now. Besides the tea, I've taken to seltzer water. Wife got me a bubbly thingy that makes my owner Co2 water. I can hit the button up to 5 times, which really carbonizes it and the bubbles have become my addiction.

Sometimes I really feel like I'm missing out on a few basic things that seem to make one human. For example, I don't like coffee, never have. I've had people tell me I would like it if it's done right, or if it has this or that in it. Nope. Does it have that coffee flavor? I won't like it.

It's my problem, and I do feel like I'm missing out on something good. I also don't like the taste of beer, and don't particularly care for music in general...

If you don't mind me asking, overall, have you seen many health benefits? Mental, physical, or a mix?

Many years ago I was off caffeine, then light like Oolong in the morning. Later went back to the good stuff (black tea or coffee). Part of my reason for asking is my recollection that was any benefit I had from abstaining was pretty minimal. But I've been wrong before. (Completely removing alcohol was easily one of the best decisions made, because the results have been dramatic, and almost entirely positive. I just don't remember kicking coffee having a big impact, but may be worth looking at again. :))
I almost completely quit the alcohol probably decade ago. Now and than then I treat myself so some really good beer or a shot or two of good whiskey but its rare. That I did feel a LOT better because of. Caffeine I have a few times completely cut out and for me seemed to do nothing I could feel. Couple times I quit for a good while. Only missed it for a short time other than the rough nights when I was having trouble staying alert from too much busy during the day and too much work that night. When I would finally try it again at first it was a jolt. Now I have noticed that if I take time off work I often really kind of forget about it. Some times I will have a good cup in the morning if I want to sit out of the porch and watch the wildlife but after that one cup I never think of it again. Now work nights? First thing I do when I get there is slam one of those energy drinks to get a good jolt. Then normally later in the shift a good cup of strong Tea or Coffee. Whichever I am doing at that time. When I stop doing it I seem to feel nothing. Suppose everyone is probably different in how it effects them though.

Wholeheartedly believe my health has improved. Especially my mornings, I'm up and clear headed. When on caffeine, I'd be dead to the world until it was flowing strongly through my veins. I was a heavy caffeine type. Usually 2-3 shots of espresso in the morning, a cup or two of coffee later, a Coke or something in the afternoon. It was a lot. It might also be the fact that I drink way more water now. Besides the tea, I've taken to seltzer water. Wife got me a bubbly thingy that makes my owner Co2 water. I can hit the button up to 5 times, which really carbonizes it and the bubbles have become my addiction.
I have never been into soda but Wife is and has tried to quit many times. Thought of getting her one of those machines to try since it would have to be far better if she could make something at home. Which one did you buy?

Sometimes I really feel like I'm missing out on a few basic things that seem to make one human. For example, I don't like coffee, never have. I've had people tell me I would like it if it's done right, or if it has this or that in it. Nope. Does it have that coffee flavor? I won't like it.

It's my problem, and I do feel like I'm missing out on something good. I also don't like the taste of beer, and don't particularly care for music in general...
Hey if you don't like Coffee I can't say you are really missing anything there. Beer? Same, if its not "your thing" can't see how its missing something. Surely you do have some things you enjoy? That's all that matters. The things you enjoy.

I have never been into soda but Wife is and has tried to quit many times. Thought of getting her one of those machines to try since it would have to be far better if she could make something at home. Which one did you buy?
My middle son picked up a Soda Stream at Habitat For Humanity Restore, he bought a new co2 canister and bottles to complete the setup.

Works great and didn't cost much overall.

I've also seen them at Goodwill. I'll pick one up for myself once he moves out.

Soda stream. Basic model I believe. I found that I really like the bubbles. It's weird, my wife hates the bubbly water, but I thoroughly enjoy the sharpness of the bubbles. Especially if it's highly carbonated, which you can control. I don't use any flavorings and I haven't given them much though. Once I learned that the water that gets filtered through my fridge tastes almost exactly the same if not better that the pricey bottled bubbly waters I never looked back.

Soda stream. Basic model I believe. I found that I really like the bubbles. It's weird, my wife hates the bubbly water, but I thoroughly enjoy the sharpness of the bubbles. Especially if it's highly carbonated, which you can control. I don't use any flavorings and I haven't given them much though. Once I learned that the water that gets filtered through my fridge tastes almost exactly the same if not better that the pricey bottled bubbly waters I never looked back.
Thanks, will order her one and she can try it. Will have to be healthier than that damn soda

The history revisionists have completely buried the fact the the Revolutionary War was fought over coffee and not unfair taxation or that Independence stuff. Dumping tea in the Boston Harbor was all about the Limeys forcing us to drink tea instead of coffee as God and nature intended.

You see, King George was simply a puppet of Lipton who controlled the lucrative tea trade coming out of India which was why India became part of the British Empire in the first place. In order to keep the money flowing the Brits forced the colonists to drink tea thus preventing them from proper caffeination through coffee.

A small group of colonies should have never been able to take on the world's first super power and win. We really had no chance, but then General Folger realized that the use of coffee as opposed to tea would result in colonial troops being ready one hour before the lime sucking tea drinkers meant we could engage while they were still wandering rubbing their eyes. Not only that, but we could continue to fight during their afternoon tea break, thus we won, they lost and Dutch Bros was born.

This is likely new information for many of you, but it's all true and I read it somewhere on the Internet. I have been to Washington, D.C. and seen the Declaration of Independence. You can quite clearly see the rings left by coffee mugs left on that hallowed document from when they drafted it.

It's really quite shocking and unsettling to hear otherwise great forum members outing themselves as decaffienistas after all the bloodshed and suffering to ensure the unalienable right to drink caffienated coffee; a right so fundamental it didn't even need to be enumerated..

Last Edited:
The history revisionists have completely buried the fact the the Revolutionary War was fought over coffee and not unfair taxation ot that Independence stuff. Dumping tea in the Boston Harbor was all about the Limeys forcing us to drink tea instead of coffee as God and nature intended.

You see, King George was simply a puppet of Lipton who controlled the lucrative tea trade coming out of India which was why India became part of the British Empire in the first place. In order to keep the money flowing the Brits forced the colonists to drink tea thus preventing them from proper caffeination through coffee.

A small group of colonies should have never been able to take on the world's first super power and win. We really had no chance, but then General Folger realized that the use of coffee as opposed to tea would result in colonial troops being ready one hour before the lime sucking tea drinkers meant we could engage while they were still wandering rubbing their eyes. Not only that, but we could continue to fight during their afternoon tea break, thus we won, they lost and Dutch Bros was born.

This is likely new information for many of you, but it's all true and I read it somewhere on the Internet. I have been to Washington, D.C. and seen the Declaration of Independence. You can quite clearly see the rings left by coffee mugs left on that hallowed document from when they drafted it.

It's really quite shocking and unsettling to hear otherwise great forum members outing themselves as decaffienistas after all the bloodshed and suffering to ensure the unalienable right to drink caffienated coffee; a right so fundamental it didn't even need to be enumerated..

6x4cde.jpg

Hey if you don't like Coffee I can't say you are really missing anything there. Beer? Same, if its not "your thing" can't see how its missing something. Surely you do have some things you enjoy? That's all that matters. The things you enjoy.
There are many things I enjoy in life. As to caffeine, I have a flat-out addiction to sugar. I've been really trying for some time to cut soda out of my life. The occasional soda now and then is fine, but on a daily basis it's pure poison for your body.

I put on a few pounds and became even more sedentary after a couple of surgeries last year, need to shed 20 pounds, eat healthier and start moving more. My dad passed away from heart disease primarily a couple years ago. I don't want to go down that road.

As to alcohol, you're right, it's hard to miss something that you don't care for. For me it's the social angle. Once or twice a year I'd go out with the guys for a beer after a tough week at work. I can get maybe half a beer down and I'm done. I'll take a Coke over a beer any day. When I was in Taiwan a few years back it was worse- beer every day, sometimes in the work break room at lunch.:) they even brought me pineapple and mango beer, hoping I would like it.

There are many things I enjoy in life. As to caffeine, I have a flat-out addiction to sugar. I've been really trying for some time to cut soda out of my life. The occasional soda now and then is fine, but on a daily basis it's pure poison for your body.

I put on a few pounds and became even more sedentary after a couple of surgeries last year, need to shed 20 pounds, eat healthier and start moving more. My dad passed away from heart disease primarily a couple years ago. I don't want to go down that road.

As to alcohol, you're right, it's hard to miss something that you don't care for. For me it's the social angle. Once or twice a year I'd go out with the guys for a beer after a tough week at work. I can get maybe half a beer down and I'm done. I'll take a Coke over a beer any day. When I was in Taiwan a few years back it was worse- beer every day, sometimes in the work break room at lunch.:) they even brought me pineapple and mango beer, hoping I would like it.
I like good beer but hard to imagine Pineapple or mango :s0170:
Guess I would try it but sure sounds strange. Sugar is a REAL big problem for a LOT of people. The corn sweetener even worse. Stuff is VERY damn hard to give up. I try to not go crazy with it but damn, it is a struggle daily

I like good beer but hard to imagine Pineapple or mango :s0170:
Elysian Pumpkin coffee stout (best of their pumpkin beers) and pumpkin ale is pretty good. I don't like their other 2 pumpkin beers much (the pumpkin ipa is 8.4% alcohol though). I think rogue also makes a pumpkin beer for October but have never tried it.

Elysian Pumpkin coffee stout (best of their pumpkin beers) and pumpkin ale is pretty good. I don't like their other 2 pumpkin beers much (the pumpkin ipa is 8.4% alcohol though). I think rogue also makes a pumpkin beer for October but have never tried it.
If I think of it will have to try one but sure sounds strange. The one I really like and treat myself to now and then is Chimay Blue. Thankfully its seems to be only sold in a few places so I never just run into it. Stuff is only sold in large bottles to so I always end up wasting some since its too much for me but damn the stuff is good.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top