JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was supposed to have a package delivered yesterday via UPS which unbeknownst to me required a 21+ signature. This is problematic and would have been a reason not to purchase if I'd known about this condition prior to sale. I missed delivery yesterday and spent multiple hours on the phone only to get a final verdict of "we won't do anything for you" from UPS including holding at a UPS location for pick up in person which would require photo ID anyway per their policy. This is frustrating because I'll essentially have to take a full day off work just to sit on my butt and wait for my package, making this purchase significantly more expensive and no longer a good deal. A poor deal, in fact.

I'll be calling PWS later today to ask WTF and frankly, will likely never do business with them again. This is an unreasonable condition of sale for a product that is in no legal way age restricted.

Anyway, rant over

Primary weapons systems. They make excellent uppers.

Edit: looks like company was sold April 2022. No idea what quality it is now. Old quality was excellent.

Can't stand a "signature required" policy and I didn't know they had that. They should at least give you the option of disabling that. Edit: I wonder if this is new owners change?

Kind of reminds me of when I ordered bear creek armory uppers. FedEx driver refused to deliver for "security reasons". Finally got them a week and a half later. No reason for the delay other than driver saw it had something to do with guns. Ridiculous.

UPS can be real bastards. They dropped my gun and broke the stock completely. It was insured. They wouldn't do anything. The gun shop I sent it to sell many thousands of gun per year and they said with UPS they deny the insurance 100% of the time even if it's completely their fault. They said the only way to get $ from them is to sue in court.

Last Edited:
Bummer. I would have to "guess" the company has either had too many packages claimed as never delivered and had to eat the cost, or they are worried about the items ending up with a minor. Maybe some of both. As to how UPS is doing this that part is very strange. I have had both them and FedEx offer to let me come to their hub to get an item that needed signature. Not sure how much good it would do but on that one I would try contacting someone further up the chain assuming it was the local hub you called? I have to wonder if this is some new company wide policy with UPS? I sure as hell hope not.

Bummer. I would have to "guess" the company has either had too many packages claimed as never delivered and had to eat the cost, or they are worried about the items ending up with a minor. Maybe some of both. As to how UPS is doing this that part is very strange. I have had both them and FedEx offer to let me come to their hub to get an item that needed signature. Not sure how much good it would do but on that one I would try contacting someone further up the chain assuming it was the local hub you called? I have to wonder if this is some new company wide policy with UPS? I sure as hell hope not.
When I called UPS, they essentially said it's a hold the shipper (PWS) put on the package and for whatever reason, I am not permitted to change the delivery address, time or day to one that works for me. I'm also not allowed to have them leave it at a hub which was my first preference. I don't understand and UPS refuses to help me understand. It's the most frustrating shipping experience I've had.

When I called UPS, they essentially said it's a hold the shipper (PWS) put on the package and for whatever reason, I am not permitted to change the delivery address, time or day to one that works for me. I'm also not allowed to have them leave it at a hub which was my first preference. I don't understand and UPS refuses to help me understand. It's the most frustrating shipping experience I've had.
Damn, this is starting to sound like something only the gov could FUBAR this bad. :confused:
I guess if the shipper has set some kind of restrictions UPS has to follow what they were paid to do but damn. I would of course let the company you bought from know about this and tell them they of course will never see any or your money again. Be interesting to see if they respond to you with any kind of explanation. I know I would be VERY leery of buying anything from them after hearing this crap.

It could be worse, some companies actually charge to get a signature.
My favorite place (SG) does this if you want the signature required added. They offer you the options of paying for delivery insurance and signature both options do ad cost but, you get to choose to use them or not. I have to "guess" UPS charges more if they put this restriction on since it is going to lead to them having some packages they have to handle more times.

So what did PWS say? Don't know who that is, but I'd be interested to know why they won't let UPS hold the package for you.
Frankly, I have yet to receive a response. And at this point, I'm just over it. I got my product. And I've had a couple days to chill out, despite having to jump through unreasonable hoops.

PWS is a firearm company that sells piston ARs in full rifle or complete uppers. Supposed to be pretty decent quality.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews