JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What is it with Australians?? I've seen this on other forums.

They are from/live on Prison Island, still bow to the Crown (like Canada) because they lack the balls to break free and be independent (hell even pacifist India stood up to the Crown!), but are always so ready to attack & criticize America and our Constitutional Rights/Bill of Rights to protect citizens from tyrannical government.

Dear Prison Island inmates: if you don't have anything nice to say about America, STFU! Because since you aren't US Citizens, you have NO 1A rights here!
Didn't Australia have a terrorist kill folks in a chocolate shop recently?

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...nd-night-of-terror-unfolded-at-the-lindt-cafe

They are from/live on Prison Island, still bow to the Crown (like Canada) because they lack the balls to break free and be independent (hell even pacifist India stood up to the Crown!), but are always so ready to attack & criticize America and our Constitutional Rights/Bill of Rights to protect citizens from tyrannical government.

Dear Prison Island inmates: if you don't have anything nice to say about America, STFU! Because since you aren't US Citizens, you have NO 1A rights here!

Considering the entire country gave up their weapons (save for a very select few), as a knee-jerk reaction to a shooting, I have trouble giving any ear whatsoever to their opinions. In fact, I don't recall asking for their opinions in the first place o_O Of course they're going to say they like it that way, what else can they do? They voluntarily gave up the right, so it obviously meant very little to them in the first place. They don't care about things like the right to self defense. They only want a government to wrap their loving arms around them. My ancestors came to this country to escape the slimy embrace of their governments, I'd like to keep it that way.

It is to be expected. The coming of the Kingdom is not static, it has been on the way for 2000 years and there is an end time. Even the demons asked Jesus if He had come to torment them before the time. The demons knew there was a time limit...a set time and hell knows it.

Are we not picking up on the anxiety of the last days? Be thankful for the fact you notice it, and have discernment. But we need to be cautious because the meaning we attach to current events will shape the quality of decisions we make. What gets our attention, shapes our emotions. I try to make the activity of heaven so focused, that I am aware of what my Father is doing and from that perspective it becomes an empowering emotion rather than a fearful, anxious emotion.

It is indeed starting to get crazy. Is it mass paranoia? Mass hysteria that is overtaking people? Gun ownership is absolutely being DEMONIZED currently. People are saying the most crazy things as part of the gun control debate now. And gun CONFISCATION is what more and more people are indeed now calling for.

Here is a letter to the editor that was featured in today's Register Guard newspaper in Eugene. I cannot even begin to understand the thought process that is going on inside his person's mind, to write something like this:

--------------

The Nazis piled books in the street and then incinerated them during World War II because they feared education and enlightenment. According to their propaganda machines, the German people were the greatest race ever, the ones chosen to rule the world.

The Nazis' attempts to stifle education failed. But in our country today, current laws prevent some people from getting an education. Some of our brightest students don't have the money to pay for an education — or, not surprisingly, aren't willing to take on an enormous student loan debt.

Let's enact laws to make a college education free.

The Nazis also chose to discard the weakest people — those who were sick or frail or had disabilities. Today, U.S. veterans who've sacrificed to fight in Mideast wars are being denied lifesaving drugs because they can't afford them. Other Americans are being bankrupted by high costs for health care.

Let's enact laws to make health care free to everyone.

Lastly, and no less important, Nazi goon squads invaded people's homes and if the occupants weren't of the same political mind, they were imprisoned or executed.

It's not much different in the United States today. Those with impressionable minds do the dirty work for the vocal, misinformed minority — as exemplified by the recent mass shootings. Isn't it astounding that most of those attacks target the young — those seeking an education?

Let's enact laws to take guns away from those who would do us harm.

JOE R. BLAKELY
Eugene

It is indeed starting to get crazy. Is it mass paranoia? Mass hysteria that is overtaking people? Gun ownership is absolutely being DEMONIZED currently. People are saying the most crazy things as part of the gun control debate now. And gun CONFISCATION is what more and more people are indeed now calling for.

Here is a letter to the editor that was featured in today's Register Guard newspaper in Eugene. I cannot even begin to understand the thought process that is going on inside his person's mind, to write something like this:

--------------

The Nazis piled books in the street and then incinerated them during World War II because they feared education and enlightenment. According to their propaganda machines, the German people were the greatest race ever, the ones chosen to rule the world.

The Nazis' attempts to stifle education failed. But in our country today, current laws prevent some people from getting an education. Some of our brightest students don't have the money to pay for an education — or, not surprisingly, aren't willing to take on an enormous student loan debt.

Let's enact laws to make a college education free.

The Nazis also chose to discard the weakest people — those who were sick or frail or had disabilities. Today, U.S. veterans who've sacrificed to fight in Mideast wars are being denied lifesaving drugs because they can't afford them. Other Americans are being bankrupted by high costs for health care.

Let's enact laws to make health care free to everyone.

Lastly, and no less important, Nazi goon squads invaded people's homes and if the occupants weren't of the same political mind, they were imprisoned or executed.

It's not much different in the United States today. Those with impressionable minds do the dirty work for the vocal, misinformed minority — as exemplified by the recent mass shootings. Isn't it astounding that most of those attacks target the young — those seeking an education?

Let's enact laws to take guns away from those who would do us harm.

JOE R. BLAKELY
Eugene

Well, maybe there is hope for Joe. I'm sure he meant to say 'take guns away from everyone', but he said take them away from those meant to do us harm. Well, I agree, I'd like guns taken from terrorists, criminals and lunatics. I just wonder how he proposes doing that?

As for the healthcare, I wonder how much more he's willing to pay to cover universal "free" healthcare? He seems to be under the common delusion that money grows on trees and healthcare can just magically be provided at no cost to the taxpayers.

No doubt weed has been in heavy use in that area long before the law was passed.

Well, maybe there is hope for Joe. I'm sure he meant to say 'take guns away from everyone', but he said take them away from those meant to do us harm. Well, I agree, I'd like guns taken from terrorists, criminals and lunatics. I just wonder how he proposes doing that?

Well, but he talks about the terrorists acting on behalf of the political minority, which is a pretty crazy thing to say. That gets back to the concept that Republicans are to blame for these shootings taking place, which is something that is being said by many people now.

The whole letter is so vague, confused, and rambling at times, though, that it is difficult to make much sense out of it.

Psalms 79:6: "Pour out thy wrath upon the heathen that have not known thee, and upon the kingdoms that have not called upon thy name."

Exodus 22:20: "He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed."

There are hateful speeches in all religious texts, including the Bible. Those truly pious do not pay attention to hate but worship God privately. Only the hateful use their religious texts to justify their personal rage and condone violence publicly.

Dude, you're showing your ignorance by cherry picking verses from the Bible, there's two books in the Bible, the "Old" and the "New" Testament, your quotes are "Old Testament." Which is the story and history of the Jews, up to the time of Christ. The "New Testament" tells the story of how Christianity began 2,016 years ago. Now, I suggest you read the "New Testament" and report your findings, then give us a few quotes....;)

Well, but he talks about the terrorists acting on behalf of the political minority, which is a pretty crazy thing to say. That gets back to the concept that Republicans are to blame for these shootings taking place, which is something that is being said by many people now.

The whole letter is so vague, confused, and rambling at times, though, that it is difficult to make much sense out of it.

Yeah, my response was a bit sarcastic, though it may not have been apparent. I suspect his true intention was to recommend taking away ALL guns, he either assumed that people would know he meant evil (law abiding) gun owners ARE the ones that mean to do him harm, or he just didn't express himself well. Either way, his comment was a bit incoherent at best.

The Typical anti-gun press hyperbole, the mod alluded to was the removal of the bullet button so that the particular AR could use a standard mag. I doubt the retro-fitting (easy enough) was done by their neighbor and long time friend who sold them the guns

The Typical anti-gun press hyperbole, the mod alluded to was the removal of the bullet button so that the particular AR could use a standard mag. I doubt the retro-fitting (easy enough) was done by their neighbor and long time friend who sold them the guns

I predict that some lawmaker in California will in the next legislative session declare this to be the "Assault Rifle" "Loophole", and move to ban the sale of any semiauto centerfire rifle that accepts detachable magazines.

future-predictions-crystal-ball.jpg

Dude, you're showing your ignorance by cherry picking verses from the Bible, there's two books in the Bible, the "Old" and the "New" Testament, your quotes are "Old Testament." Which is the story and history of the Jews, up to the time of Christ. The "New Testament" tells the story of how Christianity began 2,016 years ago. Now, I suggest you read the "New Testament" and report your findings, then give us a few quotes....;)

Ed69 really does not appear to have any significant knowledge about any religions. The official position of Islam is that all of the previous prophets before Mohammed ( Adam, Noah, Abraham, Ismael, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, and Jesus Christ ) were actually all Muslims. However, they say that the Jewish Torah and the Holy Bible have become corrupted with false information. Thus, Muslims are all instructed to only rely on the teachings in the Koran and the Sunna (teachings) of the Prophet.

He is probably an atheist. And Islam has very serious problems with those who deny God. In fact, all 13 nations where atheists face the death penalty are Islamic states. They are: Afghanistan, Iran, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritania, Nigeria, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-religion-atheists-idUSBRE9B900G20131210#bUPzHDjaukq0QwHJ.97

So the real irony here is that he is defending people who would probably behead him if they had the opportunity to do so. I find that to be as ironic as can be.

This reminds me of a real outspoken woman in Eugene who is very outspoken about being both a radical and a lesbian. On some local message boards in Eugene, she has come to the strong defense of reactionary Muslims. However, she, just like Ed, does not understand how such reactionary, backward people would view her as a person. Good luck in being a radical lesbian in any of the countries that I listed earlier. At the best, she would probably be imprisoned.

Last Edited:

Two words for the Aussies in love with their de-armament Oscar Pistorius.....

Last Edited:
The most ironic thing I have heard about this incident came from one of the survivors, and we'll probably never know what they meant when he said, in referring to the casualties, "They never had a chance."

The state of Cali and the misbegotten idea that everyone should be defenseless ensured that those people never had a chance. Those in Paris "never had a chance" either, due to this twisted concept that we are safer when we are defenseless.

So sad to hear that the people are taught to hide and cower when danger comes through the door. What a back-assward world it has become.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top