JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
mjaxmy0wnguwmdzkotnjmmmyn2rh.png

Yea. Let's disenfranchise those 18-25 year-olds, who can enlist and serve our country. Maybe only 40-plus White males should be able to vote. Pretty undemocratic. Insert eye roll emoji.
Did you read any of the previous comments before spouting off this stupid string of words……

Yea. Let's disenfranchise those 18-25 year-olds, who can enlist and serve our country. Maybe only 40-plus White males should be able to vote. Pretty undemocratic. Insert eye roll emoji.
Calm down, Nancy.

The point was that at least it would be consistent, not that I advocate for a tiered system of adulthood.

You don't have to worry about disenfranchising the young adults from serving the country. The "men can be women" party has already done that.

Calm down, Nancy.

The point was that at least it would be consistent, not that I advocate for a tiered system of adulthood.

You don't have to worry about disenfranchising the young adults from serving the country. The "men can be women" party has already done that.
Truth.

Considering the average age of all the white men who signed the Constitution was 44 years old, you might be on to something here.

Seems that demographic knows a thing or two... or 27... 😉

Last Edited:
More than half of you probably agree with the underlying thought behind this.

You asinine Fudds. You know who you are.
I'll concede this one and I ain't no fudd.

But as part of that concession, we have to raise the legal age of adulthood to 25.

18 year olds can't sign contracts on their own. Can't vote. Retain their parent's insurance coverage. And all the other shiz that goes with it.

Most teens are raging liberals. They mellow out a bit as time goes on. There are so many industries that take advantage of an 18 year old's naïveté - including some vote buying propaganda.

I'd love to kiss that all goodbye and if it costs "only legal adults can buy pews" - well we already have that so…nothing lost, everything gained.

But as part of that concession, we have to raise the legal age of adulthood to 25.

18 year olds can't sign contracts on their own. Can't vote. Retain their parent's insurance coverage. And all the other shiz that goes with it.

Most teens are raging liberals. They mellow out a bit as time goes on. There are so many industries that take advantage of an 18 year old's naïveté - including some vote buying propaganda.

I'd love to kiss that all goodbye and if it costs "only legal adults can buy pews" - well we already have that so…nothing lost, everything gained.
You willing to let the children slide on any form of income tax?
Or refrain from asking for donations to the social security pot?

You willing to let the children slide on any form of income tax?
Or refrain from asking for donations to the social security pot?
Absolutely. Social Security is a fantasy for my gen and younger. Sorry but the old guys screwed the pooch on that one. I'm paying a lot into it and I know I'll never see a penny of it. I'm okay if such an age decision kills it faster.

And sliding on income tax? Not just yes but hell yes. Maybe then college will be semi affordable again.

Absolutely. Social Security is a fantasy for my gen and younger. Sorry but the old guys screwed the pooch on that one. I'm paying a lot into it and I know I'll never see a penny of it. I'm okay if such an age decision kills it faster.

And sliding on income tax? Not just yes but hell yes. Maybe then college will be semi affordable again.
Okay man.
I ain't mad at you.

Don't necessarily agree, but at least you are expressing the maturity that many others lack.

Okay man.
I ain't mad at you.

Don't necessarily agree, but at least you are expressing the maturity that many others lack.
We probably don't see eye to eye on some things, but my hope is to have at least a decently thought out position and ability to communicate it intelligently, if a bit sarcastically at times ;) .

End of the day, I'd still shoot with you and buy you a beer. And not a bud light.

As someone who was very independent long before the age of 25. I had been on my own for 8 years, worked full time for 6. Lived on my own for a while. Having non supporting parents claim me on taxes cost me a lot of money. I had guns, a car and paid for my own college through my blood sweat and tears. I think society needs to go the other way and let kids toughen up sooner. I don't think my experience was anything close to ideal, but you develop a mature perspective one way. Having to rely on yourself with no safety nets. When you have to succeed because you have no other options, it is a powerful motivator.

Making non lethal mistakes is how you learn.

We probably don't see eye to eye on some things, but my hope is to have at least a decently thought out position and ability to communicate it intelligently, if a bit sarcastically at times ;) .

End of the day, I'd still shoot with you and buy you a beer. And not a bud light.
Oh man, I'm off topic here but, if FDR had the contemporary bud light BEER on his platform in 1931 we would still be drinking bathtub hooch. Sorry fopr the train of thought, just thought I'd share humorous thought.:s0001:

As someone who was very independent long before the age of 25. I had been on my own for 8 years, worked full time for 6. Lived on my own for a while. Having non supporting parents claim me on taxes cost me a lot of money. I had guns, a car and paid for my own college through my blood sweat and tears. I think society needs to go the other way and let kids toughen up sooner. I don't think my experience was anything close to ideal, but you develop a mature perspective one way. Having to rely on yourself with no safety nets. When you have to succeed because you have no other options, it is a powerful motivator.

Making non lethal mistakes is how you learn.
You're telling me. First off the books job at 12. First W-2 at 14. Moved out at 18. Couldn't afford a gun, had rock climbing gear to buy.

I agree with the sentiment…it's just not the norm and I don't, as a society, see us moving toward it being the norm ever again. Call me a pessimist.

As I am fond of saying...

"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from surviving bad judgement..."
And sometimes there is no other way to learn what the world is really like. It isn't the sunshine and rainbows kids are taught it is. There is a reason, at age 10 in my family you get your blade. (and this is at least a half millennia of tradition) Which is why I am about to give my youngest one. I know I recently had one of my daughter's friends absolutely terrified I carried a knife, after her dad asked if I would cut something open for her.

The coddling is scary, that a simple pocket knife caused such terror. (I have some relatively scary knives but this was a fairly benign lockback. My kids know about self defense, gun safety, how to shoot a bow and are learning the rudiments of sword fighting. Raising a garden is also a focus. I want my daughters to be the type of girl who can be a survivor if need be.

You're telling me. First off the books job at 12. First W-2 at 14. Moved out at 18. Couldn't afford a gun, had rock climbing gear to buy.

I agree with the sentiment…it's just not the norm and I don't, as a society, see us moving toward it being the norm ever again. Call me a pessimist.
I don't think it is sustainable at current. My first off books job was as a kid, probably around 8 or 9 sorting bolts in a machine shop. By 12 I was doing landscaping 20+ hours a week. Bought my first guns through my dad at 12. Living situation was precarious and varied 17-21. Taught myself computer skills and went from a day laborer to office monkey/ computer tech.

The current childification, making the world an asylum will not work as the population declines in the Western world.

And sometimes there is no other way to learn what the world is really like. It isn't the sunshine and rainbows kids are taught it is. There is a reason, at age 10 in my family you get your blade. (and this is at least a half millennia of tradition) Which is why I am about to give my youngest one. I know I recently had one of my daughter's friends absolutely terrified I carried a knife, after her dad asked if I would cut something open for her.

The coddling is scary, that a simple pocket knife caused such terror. (I have some relatively scary knives but this was a fairly benign lockback. My kids know about self defense, gun safety, how to shoot a bow and are learning the rudiments of sword fighting. Raising a garden is also a focus. I want my daughters to be the type of girl who can be a survivor if need be.
Really? (The knife thing)

My daughter is almost 5 and I gave her this smaller knife last year. She's in charge of cutting fruit and softer things right now - absolutely loves it.

E9F114C7-5B7D-44E8-BD99-1C8BAE8DBFEB.jpeg

I do not understand the people who shelter their kids from tools.

Really? (The knife thing)

My daughter is almost 5 and I gave her this smaller knife last year. She's in charge of cutting fruit and softer things right now - absolutely loves it.

View attachment 1420898
A knife that you wear at every waking moment. (unless prohibited by law) My 11 year old has "helped" forge a kitchen knife. They have used knives for years, but at 10 you have your own blade. I got mine early because my grandmother slipped me one at age 6 and I kept it hidden from my parents.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews