JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Say it this way......

Yes, you could. BUT, But, but.......

Transactions/transfers for "semi-automatic rifles" come with additional restrictions in WA.

Then.....
Yes.....a WA resident could/can ship to your OR FFL. And after you past muster with the OR laws......you could pick it up from your OR FFL (that is true for handguns, shotguns and rifles).

Aloha, Mark

Say it this way......

Yes, you could. BUT, But, but.......

Semi-automatic rifles come with additional restrictions.

Yes.....a WA resident could/can ship to your OR FFL. And after you past must with the OR laws......you could pick it up from your OR FFL (that is true for handguns, shotguns and rifles).

Aloha, Mark
What about old military bolt action rifles?

Bolt action rifle.....
Going through a FFL in WA should be no "extra problem" (least that I know of). That being said......laws are constantly changing.

Federally......the "neighboring states rule" applys. WA and OR.

CA is a problem onto itself.

AND, of course you must also comply with your state's own laws. And, in some instances (like NYC) they have additional restrictions based on the county and/or city laws. Yeah.....everyone wants to get involved. FOR SAFETY. Rrrrrright.......

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
As a bolt action rifle, until 114 permit to purchase goes into effect, you can conduct the transfer at a Washington FFL utilizing NICS, which will guarantee you an instant approval.

As a bolt action rifle, until 114 permit to purchase goes into effect, you can conduct the transfer at a Washington FFL utilizing NICS, which will guarantee you an instant approval.
I am buying a pistol from a WA resident tomorrow. He is coming down to Oregon and will spend about 15mins at a shop before heading back North.
You'll be fine that way, fine as OSP checks go anyways.

Yep, for those few who do not care they don't need to even ask. There has to be a lot of gun owners who play fast and loose with NFA. Hell I did when I was a kid and still thought I was indestructible. Most probably never get in a jam but a few sure do. I got older and I hope wiser and long ago decided I did not want to keep playing that game. It will be the same now. If they ban something I have? I will not enjoy it but I will get rid of it since what am I going to do with it if I can't use it? The Brace is coming off the little AR9 I have that I have enjoyed the crap out of. Replacing it with a foam cover for the buffer and already has a single point sling. Have played with it before and its not as nice as the brace but very doable and still legal for me to carry in a vehicle. So for now the brace will be gone. Hope more gun owners wake the hell up and start voting better.

Yep, for those few who do not care they don't need to even ask. There has to be a lot of gun owners who play fast and loose with NFA. Hell I did when I was a kid and still thought I was indestructible. Most probably never get in a jam but a few sure do. I got older and I hope wiser and long ago decided I did not want to keep playing that game. It will be the same now. If they ban something I have? I will not enjoy it but I will get rid of it since what am I going to do with it if I can't use it? The Brace is coming off the little AR9 I have that I have enjoyed the crap out of. Replacing it with a foam cover for the buffer and already has a single point sling. Have played with it before and its not as nice as the brace but very doable and still legal for me to carry in a vehicle. So for now the brace will be gone. Hope more gun owners wake the hell up and start voting better.
We all draw our own lines. But like you I am not looking to catch a federal charge. I may push back on other things. Such as mag capacity and fixed blade laws. Misdemeanors (if caught) are a whole different ball game in comparison to felonies and federal charges.

We all draw our own lines. But like you I am not looking to catch a federal charge. I may push back on other things. Such as mag capacity and fixed blade laws. Misdemeanors (if caught) are a whole different ball game in comparison to felonies and federal charges.
Yes now that is a whole differing thing alright. I lived on and off in AZ for decades. We never could get a CC law passed. So we both carried anyway. To get caught was a nothing charge and of course neither of us was ever stopped and frisked so to us it was worth the risk. Now if getting caught meant a Felony? I would not have been so cavalier about CCing.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top