JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm sure many are aware of the new denied/delayed BGC reporting law. Letters where sent out and received from NCIS to FFL's recently that gives the September 26, 2022 active date.

For those unaware, basically, FFL's will now be required to report YOUR personal info to authorites if you receive an initial denied OR delayed status back from the NCIS during a BGC. That info is to be relayed to LE and the FBI to open an investigation against you.

If the NCIS system updates your status, which is not at all uncommon to get a "delayed" and then "proceed", the FFL can not receive the updated status ("proceed" or "denied) until they have completed the report containing all your info. They would then receive the upated NCIS status and then would be required to make another report back to authorities to clear their previous report and clear out the investigation against you.

I know, I know... GOA statistics report that 90% of initial NCIS "delayed" or "denied" status are found to be errors, it'll be what it is. You'll have to be reported before they sort out the error and provide the FFL with the correct status.... then report again to clear you from LE. Go Brandon!!

At least that is my understanding. IOW, if you are looking at any gun purchases, Sept 26, 2022 is another red letter day to consider.

The even greater stupdity of it all.. they already HAVE and RETAIN your personal info as a matter of course during a BGC. Just making more hoops for FFL's (so they have excuse to revoke their FFL for any clerical errors) and frustrate gun owners.

If it was only going after denials for cause... like a prohibited person... that's not such a bad idea, but there are already laws on the books for that. They just fail to do anything about it. This time will be different if they go after law abiding and legally able to possess folks at the same time though, right?? ;)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads