JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maturity has declined drastically. 18 or 21 years of age means absolutely nothing to me. The MAJORITY have the emotional stability of a toddler.

Edit - That's not a child/young adult issue. That's a parent issue. Parents need to do their job.

Maturity has declined drastically. 18 or 21 years of age means absolutely nothing to me. The MAJORITY have the emotional stability of a toddler.

Edit - That's not a child/young adult issue. That's a parent issue. Parents need to do their job.
It's both. At some point, your self-concept takes precedence over parenting. How you view yourself, whether as a kid or a capable adult drives actions.

Some of the most mature young people I have known had terrible parents.

On the topic of maturity.

It's a perishable resource. The most immature behavior I see on a daily basis is perpetrated by people in their 70s.
Yep, there's a lot of old hippies out there who never learned a thing in their lives. Stupid needs to hurt again.

Voting rights at 25 but paying taxes since 18? That sounds fair...not.
Who said anything about fair? We are talking politics here. Since you mentioned it though, the only thing fair tax wise would be if EVERYONE paid the same rate, but that will never happen either. I cringe every time I hear someone mention something about paying more, of your fair share. I don't know who comes up with these moronic terms, like "gun violence" or "high powered rifle"

All we want is background checks to close the gun show loophole. Not that we know what's in the background check, how it's enforced, why it should help or most important what the gun show loophole is. But we are told, It's just common sense.

At what point will they drop the whole "assault weapon" charade? A semi- automatic that accepts a magazine and is meant for rapid fire include most modern weapons, including basic hunting rifles. I know I'm beating a dead horse :s0013:but "assault weapons" are not a thing! A baseball bat is an assault weapon if you swing it at someone's head! Let's only let 25+ play baseball because someone younger might get mad and take a baseball bat to their teacher's dome.
We're crippling our youth by extending the age on every bit of responsibility they need to face. I'm not 'old' but I'm not 'young' either. I also had my first 'jobs' well before the legal working age, and by time I was 14 I was out of the house, my own place, my own car, my own bills and a life to lead. I moved back to Oregon when I was 19 and started to notice fairly quickly that the people "my age" really had no concept of responsibility. It's been over 15 years now and it truly seems that most people I know now in their mid to late 30's are going through my teenage experience. I know each individual has to experience their own existence on their own timeline and terms, but we as a whole society are prolonging adulthood development further and further out every year. Maybe it's proportionate to consistently extending life expectancy? Idk, but the answer isn't to extend the age of responsibility further yet.

Last Edited:
Who said anything about fair? We are talking politics here. Since you mentioned it though, the only thing fair tax wise would be if EVERYONE paid the same rate, but that will never happen either. I cringe every time I hear someone mention something about paying more, of your fair share. I don't know who comes up with these moronic terms, like "gun violence" or "high powered rifle"
So to be clear, you are in favor of an 18 yo with a job paying taxes, but not allowed to vote about the amount or use of those taxes?

Universal tax rate is a separate issue. We can disagree about that, but I will win that argument.

The problem is we don't have a good argument against the assault weapons, stance. We only have facts, history and other tangible evidence.

When you can get a large group of people to agree with, accept and believe in something false, given more than a generation of examples that don't hold up to the light I am open to suggestions. Even though women, minority groups and first time gun buyers are breaking gun sale records, it still not enough.

I would think based on recent hard to find news reports that with the proof of Bidens and Bidens family financial history that BRANDON will be spending to much time with a group of lawyers to worry about signing any new bills. They had to make up stuff to try to taint Trump. The Bidens created their own evidence of their wrong doing. Pretty simple.

I would think based on recent hard to find news reports that with the proof of Bidens and Bidens family financial history that BRANDON will be spending to much time with a group of lawyers to worry about signing any new bills. They had to make up stuff to try to taint Trump. The Bidens created their own evidence of their wrong doing. Pretty simple.
I had this Administration of Justice professor back in the 90's that often used the dead hooker in the trunk analogy. So according to the DOJ/media/democrats Trump never had a dead hooker in his trunk but he intended to so he is guilty, meanwhile the Clinton's and Biden's had plenty of dead hookers in the trunk but they didn't intend to so not guilty.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews