JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I joined a short time ago mainly for the firearms classifieds. The trouble is that I live in Washington and it seems 80% of the guns being sold on here are located in Oregon. Am I missing something or are Oregonians just bigger gun nuts? :s0131:

Nothing against Oregon, I would rather just trade locally, in person.

The folks on this site definately love their guns. And I, personally, love to sell my guns to people from this site (Oregon or Washington). When I buy a gun it is a special thing for me, and when I sell it I like to know it is going to a good responsible gun owners care. Sounds corny, but it makes a difference to me when I know that my gun is going to someone who will take care of the piece and enjoy it as I have. This is a great site. Though we don't all agree on politics, even involving firearms, hunting regs, or conservation, all are welcome to share their views and it allows for an open dialogue. Very varied member base politically from those who want to stay off the "grid" and don't want to be a part of this government to veterans who stand for whatever the govenment says is right, and everything in between. All of their points are valid, because they have them. That's America. And, as a side note, Oregon is just that much cooler than anyplace else on Earth!

I think it's safe to say that the hub of the NWFA community is Portland Oregon.

Agreed, and its been ranging out lately.

Looking at the metro area from Salem to Longview (~2.75 million), the Washington side is about 460,000, or about 17 percent. If 20% of ads are from the Washington side, then the sale rate is about the same per capita.

So we are into guns just as much as our neighbors to the south:s0005:

Still, I've had to make some trips north to Seattle to get deals.

They have never said anything to me personally but they really get down on new people that don't folow the posted rules. I have also seen lots of petty pissing contests that while I was never involved, they discouraged me from getting into the social side of the site. They are great guys that voulenteer their time into making that a great site but I live by the motto of if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews