JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm going to come at this in a different way, now don't get me wrong these are dirt bags and deserve to go to jail. The things I don't like is how they knew how many and what he bought that comes under Scrutiny to that person. My worry is all someone has to do is look up how many purchases over the year I have had and put me in that category, I'm not straw purchasing fyi.I know in Washington we have had a handgun registration for years and now with AWB no more " assault weapon style" guns
Well, have any of your firearms been found at crime sites? Perhaps that is a differentiator between you and those two?

Well, have any of your firearms been found at crime sites? Perhaps that is a differentiator between you and those two?
Yea as in, have 24 of your guns been found at crime sites?

Buying guns for yourself should be unlimited of course. Completely different thing than arming criminals who are the enemy we are trying to protect ourselves against, the ones committing murder, armed robbery, breaking into our homes, etc.

I'm going to come at this in a different way, now don't get me wrong these are dirt bags and deserve to go to jail. The things I don't like is how they knew how many and what he bought that comes under Scrutiny to that person. My worry is all someone has to do is look up how many purchases over the year I have had and put me in that category, I'm not straw purchasing fyi.I know in Washington we have had a handgun registration for years and now with AWB no more " assault weapon style" guns
Every gun you buy from a dealer the info is forever kept. The only way you would need to "worry" is if you are selling these guns without a dealer. If one ends up at a crime they will show up asking about it. Same if one gets stolen. Make sure to report it.

even scarier is if your weapons are all in a safe location and they turn up looking or them and you say you don't have them they'll make up stories that you were selling them......... oh they will

even scarier is if your weapons are all in a safe location and they turn up looking or them and you say you don't have them they'll make up stories that you were selling them......... oh they will
Your not making sense.

I would hope that if you WANT TO, you could produce said firearms.

Now if you DON'T want to, that's entirely different. I hope you can afford decent legal counsel, if that occurs.

Well actually years ago I did 1 private sale Legally and somehow that firearm ended being used in a crime but most of my purchases I still have. that's not what I meant the concern I have is for the information that I have certain things that could be construed to something else. Certain people can make up whatever they can come up with because the information they have.

Well actually years ago I did 1 private sale Legally and somehow that firearm ended being used in a crime but most of my purchases I still have. that's not what I meant the concern I have is for the information that I have certain things that could be construed to something else. Certain people can make up whatever they can come up with because the information they have.
Back when we could still sell I always gave a bill of sale for just this reason. Have digital copies of them still. If one ever is "found" at a crime and they ask? I can tell them when and who and that's the end of it. Now days if someone has one stolen and just does not report it? They could be in for some fun later. So best to report it and keep a copy of that report.

So when they say "24 guns recovered from having been used in a crime" does that include the 10 guns that were bought and given to a felon in the surveillance, as well as the 15 found in the fellows car and 3 in the apartment?

The "24 recovered from crimes" gives the impression the police were investigating many crimes and recovering these guns from several different criminals.
Or….
They got one from the attempted car jacking, and the rest from this one investigation.

And the comments about the FFL suspecting the purchases weren't legit. Aren't the FFL's supposed to deny the sale or report something if they suspect that type of stuff?

So when they say "24 guns recovered from having been used in a crime" does that include the 10 guns that were bought and given to a felon in the surveillance, as well as the 15 found in the fellows car and 3 in the apartment?

The "24 recovered from crimes" gives the impression the police were investigating many crimes and recovering these guns from several different criminals.
Or….
They got one from the attempted car jacking, and the rest from this one investigation.

And the comments about the FFL suspecting the purchases weren't legit. Aren't the FFL's supposed to deny the sale or report something if they suspect that type of stuff?
details.jpg

I'm not on his side. If you committed a crime and you abbaited in a crime as these sales are then arrest and go forth. But the fact he was buying X amount of weapons is not an issue and now its becoming an issue..... You should be able to buy 1000000000 firearms in one day if you'd like. It's no one's business. It is your right. I"m not defending someone who bought weapons and supplied criminals. I highly doubt he didn't know they were going to go commit crimes. But what about the rest of America. Maybe I want to buy 10 guns in one day one for each of my family members??? Am i now going to have the ATF knock on my door. ??? not to mention its no one's business who I give my gun to. The point is we used to have the ability to transfer our gun to a spouse, father, son, etc..... no questions asked and no ones business.
Just put all your firearm purchases into a Trust and you are then covered. Then give them to anyone you wish at anytime...

107 guns

15 different gun or pawn shops (just a guess)

1 county processing the paperwork.

King County is the bottom of the funnel. There really is no human involved to catch 107 gun purchases from one person?

I guess nobody is gonna notice my one-gun-a-year buying pattern. :)
I do my best to keep it to one or two. Sometimes even none, or maybe trades.🙃 But I AM thinning the herd.

... There is a lot of video of ATF agents showing up that I am often skeptical of to say the least. There was one a bit ago of a guy who does a lot of work on Diesel and they showed up because of all the oil filters he was buying. I watched it and thought I would bet there was more to this we were not told in the story. It is possible they really show up for no real reason to joe six packs house but, I suspect most of the time if they actually bother to show up there was a LOT more they were seeing. ...
The field agents get directives from higher up and do go house to house. One guy in northern WA they went to his house when he wasn't home then drove 4.5 hours in an unmarked Camaro to track him down in a se wa town. This was because he bought solvent trap parts.

Here is an example of going house to house for purchasing two handguns from the same dealer in one week. Odds are tiny they would visit you but why not avoid the possibility is my thinking.

Welp, it's a "victimless crime" since Dion Jamar and De'ondre Lamontia are in King County and they apparently didn't shoot anyone in the 2 years their nefarious activities went on, so these two morons should be out and back on the streets in no time... But Lord help me if I attempt to buy a solv3nt trap or a part for my washing machine! By Geezus, there'd be black helicopters circling overhead with a stack of fully armed, black-clad goons fast-roping down onto my roof, kicking in my doors, stomping on my cat, and shooting me dead in a heartbeat... :rolleyes:
Let me know ahead of time so I can live-stream it!!

:eek:;)

The field agents get directives from higher up and do go house to house. One guy in northern WA they went to his house when he wasn't home then drove 4.5 hours in an unmarked Camaro to track him down in a se wa town. This was because he bought solvent trap parts.

Here is an example of going house to house for purchasing two handguns from the same dealer in one week.
Yes the agents of course do not set out one morning to do random stuff. No Cops do. What many can't seem to get their head around is how many agents the ATF has compared to how many guns are sold every day. When there is a boom going on many here love to post the numbers of how many BG checks are being done every day in one state. So why are agents not going door to door to these people? Because they can't. They would need to hire and army. I have seen a few idiots get in trouble with the ATF. They had to work REALLY hard to get their attention. When I hear some story that some joe sixpack bought a couple guns and they showed up? Color me VERY skeptical. One constant is people who do get their attention always say they did nothing to get the attention. For a long time people were selling solvent traps on Amazon. This went on for years. Amazon would not be selling stuff like this unless they were selling piles of them. So is there 100's of thousands of ATF agents running these all down? Sure. This is play stupid games win stupid prizes. If the ATF is showing up at your door you had to really send up some flags to get them to do so.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews