JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good, hope they do a bunch of jail time.

This stuff fuels regaurded anti 2a libs....they'll say we need more laws,blah blah average joes able to buy highest of assault weapons of war...blah blah

Dion Jamar Cooper
De'ondre Lamontia Phillips
Fine upstanding citizens I'm sure… will get minimal time and out on parole before they lose any street cred.

I don't think it's super uncommon for someone to purchase that many guns in that period, nor is it or should it be illegal.

I know there are people on this forum that do the same volume of purchases for personal use.

I think the guys an idiot for transferring them into his name and then just selling in bulk to someone he most likely knew couldn't own firearms….

I mean it would have been much easier to file and claim they were stolen to get out of the picture but that's just hypothetical and nothing I would do or advocate - ok I CMA.

The issue arose when they were able to link the gun to the buyer after a crime was committed.

I think they should make an example of. These 2 if they are guilty and not bring the buying of guns into the picture as something that the 'system' failed to stop.

People will get drugs and guns and laptops or whatever illegally if they are determined enough. These 2 were just plain dumb.

My 2¢

22% of the guns he bought were used in crimes. That's all one needs to know Imo. Likely all the other gun he sold are in criminals hands too, they just haven't been caught yet.

He was buying guns and selling them to criminals, plain and simple. Anyone actively arming criminals should be put away. All just IMO.

The Straw Purchaser Law has been on the books for some time, yet this Justice Department news release is touting this arrest as a first. Just an arrest, mind you, not a conviction. And these two clowns couldn't have made it any easier for the Feds. I find this really odd. The Straw Purchase Law was voted in as there was a perceived rampant buying of firearms for others by others (their words). Yet here we are, a first time arrest. Anyone else find this strange...?

"I don't think it's super uncommon for someone to purchase that many guns in that period, nor is it or should it be illegal.

I know there are people on this forum that do the same volume of purchases for personal use."
The article says "Cooper had purchased 107 firearms since June 2021."

Are you really saying that it is not super uncommon for someone to purchase 107 guns in a 22-month period, or nearly 5 guns a month every month? And that there are people here who buy the same volume for personal use?

If we agree that the average cost per gun is $500 each, which is WAY low for even for pawn shop guns, then he spent over $53,000 in less than two years. Unless I missed some membership requirement here that requires a lottery win to join, I call Bulsh that there are people on here with a $29,000 a year gun buying budget.

No, there is a problem here from the dealer side. Even if we are generous and say that the guy visited 15 different gun shops or pawn shops (and I will bet you it was fewer), SOMEBODY at one of those shops has to realize this guy has bought 7-10 guns over a 22-month period, and that the buyer is probably not a legitimate gun guy.

So why wasn't something said to ATF? Was it greed on the part of the shop owners? Don't ask and don't tell if the buyer seems a little off?

Maybe it is because no dealer wants the ATF snooping around their shop and going thru their books. Maybe this whole case is an indictment on the ATF for not promoting mutually beneficial cooperation with dealers.

This is a screwed up deal that should be more of an embarrassment to authorities than a cause for celebration.

107 guns

15 different gun or pawn shops (just a guess)

1 county processing the paperwork.

King County is the bottom of the funnel. There really is no human involved to catch 107 gun purchases from one person?

I guess nobody is gonna notice my one-gun-a-year buying pattern. :)

Welp, it's a "victimless crime" since Dion Jamar and De'ondre Lamontia are in King County and they apparently didn't shoot anyone in the 2 years their nefarious activities went on, so these two morons should be out and back on the streets in no time... But Lord help me if I attempt to buy a solv3nt trap or a part for my washing machine! By Geezus, there'd be black helicopters circling overhead with a stack of fully armed, black-clad goons fast-roping down onto my roof, kicking in my doors, stomping on my cat, and shooting me dead in a heartbeat... :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
If we agree that the average cost per gun is $500 each, which is WAY low for even for pawn shop guns, then he spent over $53,000 in less than two years. Unless I missed some membership requirement here that requires a lottery win to join, I call Bulsh that there are people on here with a $29,000 a year gun buying budget.
I am assuming that while they were buying guns, they were selling them too, so recouping their $, maybe making a profit?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews