JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
TP is whatever you say it is, be it newspaper, napkins, rags, leaves, Liberal Arts Diplomas, etc...
....when the SHTF it also Hits The Paper products.

Waste containment and disposal is another matter;
I used to make my own crap bags for placing in the marine head on the boat, by using doubled heavy-duty trash bags (the small ones) and a shredded disposable diaper placed in the bottom. That way if I was just going to be out for a long day or weekend overnight, I didn't need to flush-out and sanitize my holding tank. Bag disposal is easy in any place that will allow diapers in the trash.

Or, you could just buy these ready made from WalMart or Amazon

Double Doodie Waste Bags (00268313)
Double-Doodie.jpg Doodie-bag-with-hand_2.jpg Doodie-bags-with-Luggable-Loo.jpg
For a no-mess, easy clean-up of all portable toilet waste. Reliance Double Doodie Toilet Waste Bags (6 pack) are leak and puncture-proof. With a double zip locking mechanism that ensures a tight, leak-proof seal and a tough outer bag that minimizes any chance of puncturing. 2L of liquid capacity, typically will last a family of four for one day. Essential for any portable toilet use.
Reliance Products also has an extensive line of portable/compact sanitation and hydration products.

TP is whatever you say it is, be it newspaper, napkins, rags, leaves, Liberal Arts Diplomas, etc...
....when the SHTF it also Hits The Paper products.

Waste containment and disposal is another matter;
I used to make my own crap bags for placing in the marine head on the boat, by using doubled heavy-duty trash bags (the small ones) and a shredded disposable diaper placed in the bottom. That way if I was just going to be out for a long day or weekend overnight, I didn't need to flush-out and sanitize my holding tank. Bag disposal is easy in any place that will allow diapers in the trash.

Or, you could just buy these ready made from WalMart or Amazon

Double Doodie Waste Bags (00268313)
View attachment 477435View attachment 477436View attachment 477437
For a no-mess, easy clean-up of all portable toilet waste. Reliance Double Doodie Toilet Waste Bags (6 pack) are leak and puncture-proof. With a double zip locking mechanism that ensures a tight, leak-proof seal and a tough outer bag that minimizes any chance of puncturing. 2L of liquid capacity, typically will last a family of four for one day. Essential for any portable toilet use.

Please dispose of all waste in an approved manner.

• Length: 7.50 Width: 4.50 Height: 5.75
  • Weight: 0.75lbs
Reliance Products also has an extensive line of portable/compact sanitation and hydration products.
I do tend to have a good amount of thick garbage bags on hand fur clean up purposes. Good thinking on utilizing them for storage of waste. I would have likely thought of something along those lines eventually, but now I may consider purchasing a few additional rolls of bags.

On that note, I forgot to add the question in the original post.

Do you stock up bleach or powdered bleach to make clean your poo rag?
That's pretty thorough thinking. We usually have an odd gallon of bleach on hand. Couldn't hurt to have more though. As far as the TP, I like to keep 8-10 costco packs on hand. It will be currency one day, but only to those neighbors which are truly worthy.

Buy it cheap and stack it deep.

Interestingly the .22 ammo shortage had little effect on me, having learned the importance of stock piling during "The Great Toilet Paper Scare of 1973".
I knew many civilians that were adversely affected during the mess that resulted, however that was one time that our notorious supply system managed to keep up with our output.
Of course some of the Navy units on base seemed to suffer embarrassing shortages. They just didn't seem to understand what happened to all their TP.:s0121:

:s0042: Semper Fi

That's pretty thorough thinking. We usually have an odd gallon of bleach on hand. Couldn't hurt to have more though. As far as the TP, I like to keep 8-10 costco packs on hand. It will be currency one day, but only to those neighbors which are truly worthy.
Thankfully I own a hot tub, so I keep a fair amount of powdered pool chem on hand. In a pinch, it will sterilize a rag in water. After you rinse the rag off of coarse.

Ultimately I've laid it down to the wife, it will be a two rag and bucket system once out of tp. You switch off between the two rags each time, but you utilize bleach water to clean the rag.

Thankfully we don't live in a desert and we have plenty of available water.

Go to United Grocers and buy a case of commercial 2 ply toilet paper rolls. They come in 1,000 or 4,000 ft rolls.
Takes up very little space compared to the household fluffy rolls and you won't use it up over time as they don't fit anything in a normal bathroom.

1599126.jpg

Thankfully I own a hot tub, so I keep a fair amount of powdered pool chem on hand. In a pinch, it will sterilize a rag in water. After you rinse the rag off of coarse.

Ultimately I've laid it down to the wife, it will be a two rag and bucket system once out of tp. You switch off between the two rags each time, but you utilize bleach water to clean the rag.

Thankfully we don't live in a desert and we have plenty of available water.
Bleach can be harsh after a while. I would also keep some diaper rash ointment as well. Boudreaux's Butt Paste (bikers friend) solves a lot of problems. All my kids had happy butts going thru the diaper stage. I'd trust it with mine.

Bleach can be harsh after a while. I would also keep some diaper rash ointment as well. Boudreaux's Butt Paste (bikers friend) solves a lot of problems. All my kids had happy butts going thru the diaper stage. I'd trust it with mine.
^^^This is a very good point. Nothing quite as uncomfortable as a raw or chaffed bottom... The wise man lays in a supply of ointments and lineaments to treat such unpleasantries...

Oh dear, you know when we are discussing terlet paper, it is a real crap thread, and things have gone to sh... ... eh, the pot.

Jokes aside, and to answer the question, we keep some, though it is bulky. I'd like to install a new outbuilding just for supplies, including those of toiletry nature. And we have baby wipes (largely, well, for babies, but adults can use them too) and have the prepacked kind in the vehicles.

Failing all that, there are acres upon acres of woodlands on this spread that provide nature's, eh-hem, Bounty, though it is not nearly as soft as the product so named.:

green-maple-leaves.jpg

Because the pile of new TP can build up so quickly, we have more of it than any other prepping item other than 22lr ammo. You know those metal shelving units you can buy at Home Depot? We have one completely full of TP. Maybe a couple dozen 24-packs?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top