JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I poop in the woods often enough... I like ferns. Couple fern leaves usually gets it done. A good patch of moss likewise does a good job. Broad maple leaves are a tad itchy. In a pinch a bark covered stick...

Find a creek, clean your cheeks. :D

Ooooo, cows are bad enough! Ever heard of giardia, how bout
  • Malaria.
  • Cholera.
  • Shigellosis.
  • Hepatitis A.
  • Dengue fever.
  • Leptospirosis.
  • Typhoid Fever.
:eek::eek::eek:

I have 500 toilet paper coins that I will use in an emergency. Got several big packages of toilet paper but depending on my situation the toilet paper coins weight a lot less than real TP.

https://www.amazon.com/Tissues-Comp...&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00ZIY9YG4&th=1

Bleach can be harsh after a while. I would also keep some diaper rash ointment as well. Boudreaux's Butt Paste (bikers friend) solves a lot of problems. All my kids had happy butts going thru the diaper stage. I'd trust it with mine.

Then there's this:

710sgC-lc8L._SX522_.jpg
here's a thought:

"About four billion people in the world do not use toilet paper (that's nearly 75 percent of the world's population) because it's too expensive and they do not have sufficient plumbing.Aug 3, 2016

And that's why Arabs don't eat with the hand they wipe with, and they use a water pot to clean up, according to this guy they are really anal about clean bungholes: A Muslim's Guide to Anal Hygiene

And that's why millions of people around the world hug instead of shaking hands.

View attachment 477549

And that's why Arabs don't eat with the hand they wipe with, and they use a water pot to clean up, according to this guy they are really anal about clean bungholes: A Muslim's Guide to Anal Hygiene

And that's why millions of people around the world hug instead of shaking hands.

While the rest of the world was combining religion and a@@ wiping, we were busy putting a man on the moon. FTW.

I've never heard of using river rock in all my life.

It's funny, at the same time interesting.

I am so glad I don't watch the news media any longer.
I can see people having long sleepless nights worrying about running out of tp paper.
I can envision families gathered around the tv dividing the
tp paper equally between family members. One square at a time.
A child misbehaves........take his tp paper from him.
People will use it for Monopoly money.
You will be required to use both sides..............and the edges.
The future looks a bit worrisome.
Time for a commercial break folks.

I am so glad I don't watch the news media any longer.
I can see people having long sleepless nights worrying about running out of tp paper.
I can envision families gathered around the tv dividing the
tp paper equally between family members. One square at a time.
A child misbehaves........take his tp paper from him.
People will use it for Monopoly money.
You will be required to use both sides..............and the edges.
The future looks a bit worrisome.
Time for a commercial break folks.
Reminds me of back in like 2007, musician Sheryl Crow and her brother were at a global warming rally, insisting on people only using one square of toilet paper and two or three squares for pesky situations LOL

Way back then...I made a parody of the chorus in her "All I want to do is have some fun" song using her TP ideology. Here it goes...

All I want to do
Is wipe my bum
I've got a feeling
I'm using only one
Cuz' all I wanna do
Is wipe my bum
Until the sun stops warming up
The atmosphere

Well, I've been thinking about this one a lot. How much should you store? If at all. Can you dig a latrine where you are? Is it feasible to do so? How will you deal with doodoo when water doesn't flow to the toilet to flush?

It's ok if the responses are a little stinky in nature.

bubblegum happens.

Is toilet paper really a necessity of life, though? After all, how long did mankind exist, before toilet paper was invented?

The Romans managed to conquer all of the western civilized world, without toilet paper.

festival_of_history_2011-009.jpg

Isn't this why the Oregonian is still in print? Are more than 10 rolls stacked on a holder next to the toilet considered a high capacity magazine? We generally have a couple of 12 packs in the pantry.

A thousand shiets. That is a lot of shiets. Reminds me of the toilet paper manufacture who launched a big blitz advertising campaign on TV in the L.A. CA area years and years ago. A thousand sheets. That is a lot of sheets. (amount of sheets on a toilet paper roll)

UNFORTUNATELY ... the Latino community did not like that advertising. The TV adds only lasted a couple of days. Then pulled. The Madison Avenue N.Y, NY guy who came up with the advertisement blitz got canned. Fired immediately. Long ago. Very funny.

Madrone leaves work. If you feel the need to learn against the tree trunk when shieting be sure to check for fire ants and other crawling critters. Personal experience. AUUHHHHHH! Ouch. Our emergency supplies include a cheap white wood toilet seat.

A new HD 6 gallon round white plastic bucket. Several boxes of 13 gallon white HD kitchen trash can liners. About 20 pounds of generic cat litter and a tight fitting plastic bucket lid. The ensemble is cheap, readily available and works quite a time.

The do do sacks are triple lined inside the bucket. The lid sets on top. The cat little used as needed. The partially filled sacks get placed out somewhere in the woods down wind. Kinda like nuclear spent fuel rods. Stored on site Works for us OK. Ah ... shiet.

Edited Extra: How much TP do we have on hand. Probably too much. At least a 90 day supply including unwanted extra human guests that we do not want but what are you going to do with all the inlaws leaching off of you. Shoot them? No. Shiet them? Humm.

Last Edited:
Is toilet paper really a necessity of life, though? After all, how long did mankind exist, before toilet paper was invented?

The Romans managed to conquer all of the western civilized world, without toilet paper.

View attachment 477598
I don't think our society is the same. Hell I'd admit, life without TP would suck. We are raised on it, it is something we never learned an alternative to.

Also...

I would guess to say three months after a collapse, people may be inclined to kill for a roll of TP.

Stallone's movie "Demolition Man" showed the buttwiping way of the future was 3 different sized clam shells...

I am a HUGE fan of the Costco pack of diaper wipes. Last thing you want to be dealing with in an already (no pun intended) crappy situation, is an itchy butt!

I used to keep quite a bit at my house just in case. I ended up moving it over to my grandmas house. Its ok though, because she doesn't really use that much and it keeps her from driving through the end of the garage again ;)

tp-horder.jpg

In a world without supermarkets, I'd sure would test the limits of one square of TP!

Not now, but then, necessity may play a few factors.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top