JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello, first post.

Had a question about first time concealed carry permits for Utah and Oregon. I took my UT/OR class this weekend. I had planned on submitting both applications at the same time. My instructor was insistent that I would have to send a copy of my Oregon CC permit with my Utah application. I questioned the instructor about the instructions on the application and the guide as they indicated that non-resident applicants from states with recognition or reciprocity of Utah's concealed carry permit needed to obtain and submit copies of their resident state concealed carry permit. Since Oregon doesn't recognize Utah's permit I presumed this wouldn't apply.

I would call, but my instructor indicated that if they took my name it would flag my Utah application and potentially delay it.

I wanted to tap into the forum brain trust and see if anyone had any real world experience with this scenario.

I'm in applying in Multnomah county. I figure it may take a while and I wanted to submit my Utah paperwork while I was getting everything ready.

Thanks.

http://bci.utah.gov/concealed-firearm/how-do-i-apply-for-a-concealed-firearm-permit/

My thoughts exactly.

However, my instructor was adamant I needed to send a copy of my Oregon permit with my application. But couldn't justify the discrepancy between the wording on the form on their statement.

IF you already have a permit in your home state THEN you need to send a copy of that along with your application to Utah. My wife and I sent our apps into Utah and locally at the same time. We got our Utah cards in about 45 days with our local lazy Sheriff taking over 200 days to process ours and everyone elses in the same CHL classes apps.

Combined Oregon/Utah CHL class in April of 2013 and submitted applications the next day. Utah licenses received in June 2013. Our local Sheriff would not accept the applications for processing from our class until the end of August 2013 when we were fingerprinted and photographed. A month later we were told that our fingerprints were unreadable and we had to come back in to get reprinted. That was a lie. The clerk had failed to save the digital print files of everyone who came in that week. This same error lead to the catch and release of a homeless man who murdered a young lady in a motel room and left his prints on the knife. The homeless man went on to bludgeon another woman nearly to death on a bike path a year later.

Anyway our Oregon CHLs were finally issued right before Halloween of 2013. Good thing that Utah had no problem issuing their licenses to us first.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top