JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Aw heck, just find a cheepee Mossberg 500 and whack the barrel and butt stock off, shape some finger grooves in the pistol grip and you have a fine shorty shotgun!

100_1157.jpg

Aw heck, just find a cheepee Mossberg 500 and whack the barrel and butt stock off, shape some finger grooves in the pistol grip and you have a fine shorty shotgun!

View attachment 883304
And you can't take it into WA state or California and a few other places. You also have to pay for a tax stamp and tell the ATF when you take it out of state.

I was looking at the Mossberg site and I see where they offer a Shockwave with an 18.5" barrel now:

So even if these "firearms" are outlawed, this would just become a "shotgun" since the barrel is a legal length for a shotgun - I assume. Still looking for an 18.5" barrel for my remaining Shockwave. As I mentioned before, the Shockwaves do not have anything on them that says they are a "firearm" or Shackwave vs. a "shotgun", so LEOs and LGSs do not know they are a "firearm". Plan accordingly - I would guess there may be some out there who don't know about this classification.

And you can't take it into WA state or California and a few other places. You also have to pay for a tax stamp and tell the ATF when you take it out of state.
I actually owned the SG in the pic I posted. I won it in a card game.

It was legal - not tax stamp required and I had no plans to take it to WA or CA !

It is now back to a standard length with a full stock.

Personally, I hold that the Remington V3 TAC-13 is the finest, most maneuverable, most manipulable close range defense weapon ever produced. It was clearly very well researched by Remington, and if their turmoil ever settles, I hope that they sell a bunch.

I doubt it. Certainly not loaded - an AOW is not a handgun.
I often find myself wondering why they don't just put barely there "rifling" in these barrels. Probably because you can't have a pistol actually chambered in shotgun loads? Exactly why the judge is a 45 colt, right? I have a single shot 9mm which might as well not have rifling but it's technically "there" I suppose...

I often find myself wondering why they don't just put barely there "rifling" in these barrels. Probably because you can't have a pistol actually chambered in shotgun loads? Exactly why the judge is a 45 colt, right? I have a single shot 9mm which might as well not have rifling but it's technically "there" I suppose...
Anything (except BP firearms and a few other exceptions like shotguns, and break open elephant guns in certain chamberings?) that has rifling and a bore over ~.50" is a "destructive device".

Not to derail the conversation, but I'm trying to understand the law. What about an AR15 pistol, or B&T APC9 pistol, or H&K SP5 pistol? Can those be in a backpack? Is there a different definition for handgun and pistol?
Legally a pistol is a handgun. But an AOW is Any Other Weapon and not considered to be a handgun with regards to a concealed carry permit - as far as I know. I can't think of any NFA weapon that is legal to carry "concealed" (like a handgun is with a permit) - but I could be totally wrong.

That said, when I think of a "pistol", I think of a semi-auto or a single shot, not a revolver. But I have been told I am wrong - that a pistol is any handgun.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews