JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Aw heck, just find a cheepee Mossberg 500 and whack the barrel and butt stock off, shape some finger grooves in the pistol grip and you have a fine shorty shotgun!

100_1157.jpg

Aw heck, just find a cheepee Mossberg 500 and whack the barrel and butt stock off, shape some finger grooves in the pistol grip and you have a fine shorty shotgun!

View attachment 883304
And you can't take it into WA state or California and a few other places. You also have to pay for a tax stamp and tell the ATF when you take it out of state.

I was looking at the Mossberg site and I see where they offer a Shockwave with an 18.5" barrel now:

So even if these "firearms" are outlawed, this would just become a "shotgun" since the barrel is a legal length for a shotgun - I assume. Still looking for an 18.5" barrel for my remaining Shockwave. As I mentioned before, the Shockwaves do not have anything on them that says they are a "firearm" or Shackwave vs. a "shotgun", so LEOs and LGSs do not know they are a "firearm". Plan accordingly - I would guess there may be some out there who don't know about this classification.

And you can't take it into WA state or California and a few other places. You also have to pay for a tax stamp and tell the ATF when you take it out of state.
I actually owned the SG in the pic I posted. I won it in a card game.

It was legal - not tax stamp required and I had no plans to take it to WA or CA !

It is now back to a standard length with a full stock.

Personally, I hold that the Remington V3 TAC-13 is the finest, most maneuverable, most manipulable close range defense weapon ever produced. It was clearly very well researched by Remington, and if their turmoil ever settles, I hope that they sell a bunch.

I doubt it. Certainly not loaded - an AOW is not a handgun.
I often find myself wondering why they don't just put barely there "rifling" in these barrels. Probably because you can't have a pistol actually chambered in shotgun loads? Exactly why the judge is a 45 colt, right? I have a single shot 9mm which might as well not have rifling but it's technically "there" I suppose...

I often find myself wondering why they don't just put barely there "rifling" in these barrels. Probably because you can't have a pistol actually chambered in shotgun loads? Exactly why the judge is a 45 colt, right? I have a single shot 9mm which might as well not have rifling but it's technically "there" I suppose...
Anything (except BP firearms and a few other exceptions like shotguns, and break open elephant guns in certain chamberings?) that has rifling and a bore over ~.50" is a "destructive device".

Not to derail the conversation, but I'm trying to understand the law. What about an AR15 pistol, or B&T APC9 pistol, or H&K SP5 pistol? Can those be in a backpack? Is there a different definition for handgun and pistol?
Legally a pistol is a handgun. But an AOW is Any Other Weapon and not considered to be a handgun with regards to a concealed carry permit - as far as I know. I can't think of any NFA weapon that is legal to carry "concealed" (like a handgun is with a permit) - but I could be totally wrong.

That said, when I think of a "pistol", I think of a semi-auto or a single shot, not a revolver. But I have been told I am wrong - that a pistol is any handgun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top