JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know these are "prohibited" but is it a crime to carry non-firearm self defense items onto the train or the bus like it is on a plane?

My daughter is taking a trip across the state via bus & rail ... Wanting to have a means of defense that wont be confiscated or get arrested for

Anyone know or have experience?

Thanks

Try Google. Seriously. I had an answer in about 4 seconds.
I did that, can see its not allowed... But not much else

My ccw isnt allowed at the movie theatre, but I take it anyway.
But it's also prohibited on a plane

One gets me asked to leave the other is a felony

Where does pepper spray on greyhound land on that spectrum?

I know these are "prohibited" but is it a crime to carry non-firearm self defense items onto the train or the bus like it is on a plane?

My daughter is taking a trip across the state via bus & rail ... Wanting to have a means of defense that wont be confiscated or get arrested for

Thanks
For me? Been a LONG time since I used either. What I would do? Go to the station and see if they are doing a TSA type screen at the place. If they are? Well that takes care of that. If not? I would carry. They can say not to all they want, I could care less. If they are not screening people and she can manage to not show it to everyone or drop in on the floor? How would they ever know?

I would suggest carrying Pom pepper spray. It's tiny, shoots in a stream, and it works. Do not buy gel of any brand is my recommendation. If screening like a plane and it's not allowed then toss it, it's like $12 lost is all.

Thanks
Never ridden on a greyhound but have amtrak. There is an almost scary lack of security, like catching a bus you just hop on and show a ticket when asked. I may or may not have had a "prohibited" item on the train with 0 issue. I dont advise breaking the rules but sometimes the rules are easily broken

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews