JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After all this time, after all the infringing laws put upon Americans
by liberal democrats and you still try to make the republicans responsible

Its really sad to see the delusion here from gun owners that refuse to accept that their political preference is mostly responsible for the infringing gun laws, if you vote democrat you supported the party, if you vote republican you supported the party.........period

going out of your way to try to implicate republicans as the gun grabbers and as equally responsible is.......... JUST INSANE and what I think of you and your ideals

I have no respect for you or your choices and the unconstitutional guns laws your party is continuously trying to put upon me and THIS SUBJECT IS POLITICAL YOU THE DEMOCRATS MADE IT THIS WAY

I said this before I dont trust my neighbors not to screw me by voting away my rights in this democrat corrupt state, 11th most corrupt in the country
MUST WE POST A LIST OF THE DEMOCRAT RESPONSIBLE GUN LAWS AND THE REPUBLICAN GUN LAWS TO SHUT YOU UP

put the koolaid down please.....Im aching over your ignorance :oops:
You poor thing actually think the Republican party actually cares about your rights. They are opposites sides of the same coin just different ways of getting there. Not quite sure what your drinking but I sure dont want any of it. Let's start with the gun comtrol act of 1986 by a Republican president. Also let's talk about Trump and the NRA working together to remove gun rights this year. Fortunately they weren't successful. There are others but if you want go ahead and list laws created by both parties to be fair. Or does that mean anything to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
We often paint Democrats with to wide of brush. Most of the Democrats I talk with would consider themselves Classical Liberals at least you can talk to them and they'll listen to reasoned arguments. Now Seattle is another matter.

its all about the Benjamin's. All a politician wants is money for relection and they will say whatever to get it. Jruby is correct about Demos and Repubs being two sides of the same coin. they all have an agenda and serving us peasants is not one of them. we are nothing but a voting block to keep them in power.

This thread is the perfect example of why I seldom come here, and never participate anymore. Ready on the left...ready on the right...commence keeping your head in the sand. "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

How about our leadership start being honest with American citizen. Saying what you mean and following the intent of the constitution. There is thing called honesty and we should demand that from all leaders. Once we set that standard we can start to communicate.
Imho.

Because man has flaws we elect those we think are flawless. But they have flaws as well, there is no such thing as an infallible person.

The very reason you can't give them power is because of this. Shrinking the power is the only solution.

let's crunch the numbers here.
Approx 300 million+ guns are known to have been produced and sold in America in the history of America;
There are approximately 100+ million gun owners of all types at the low end of estimates;

of that number, perhaps 1 percent of American gun owners have the brass balls to stand up to the tyranny...but that is still a significant number at 1 million plus. (That's just one percent, leaving 99 percent to be either killed, cowed into submission, arrested, or apathetic, or actively working against other gun owners)

Compare to the numbers for the military personnel; approximately 1.3 million Active Duty personnel with about 800,000 in 7 reserves components... spread out between US Army, USAF, US Navy (and Marines), and US Coast Guard.
The majority of these Active Duty personnel are support/logistics personnel, a military needs cooks, mechanics, quartermasters, clerks, and other support personnel to fight effectively.

With 1 million plus potential combatants spread all around the United States, and the support from families, communities, other gun owners, and so on, I do not think the US Federal Government would want to take on a potential insurrection and rebellion of armed Americans.... although it does seem like some States are trying to actively make enemies of gun owning Americans :rolleyes:

But they got nukes. :rolleyes:

This is an important subject so hopefully we can cool it down a degree or two and keep this thread open.

I agree with you. But we have to be civil and work together. Keep in mind the other side is watching and you and know they are scrolling through every post that is put up on this thread that relates to them. If we don't come together as one and fight this then we have already lost my friend.

But they got nukes. :rolleyes:
Yea sure, go ahead and destroy the very support infrastructure that they need to operate effectively :rolleyes:
-on a serious basis, they will never be willing to nuke their own citizens because that means support for the Fed government would have to be completely gone and the citizens completely against the entire Federal government. In short, it would basically mean the Federal government has utterly, completely failed, and unrecoverable.

With that in mind.... a hot Civil War is the absolutely worst case scenario for all involved, because its not "just State Rights vs Fed Rights" or even "urban vs rural"; its Americans against Americans. Its where a country is so broken that neither side can ever work or live together Its where either side must punish the other, and show that they cannot exist without the other .

In all reality, it is amazing that after one such Civil War, the United States have managed to stay united... it could very easily have gone the way of the old Yugoslavia/Bosnia/Serbia/Kosovo states.

Back to the topic at hand. Again I ask the following.
What actions can we, as a bloc, take against such unconstitutional laws on the books?
what is it going to take to unify the gun owning block? [/B]

You are considered a nut if you use history as an example why individuals should hold the BOR not just the 2nd amendment dear. I do not trust our government to do what is right for its citizens which makes me only that much more determined to hold my firearms close by. I dont think gun owners will ever unite. I think that gun owners will put up small pockets of resistance but not until it really starts to impact our lives and lively hoods. These small pockets of resistance will be termed radicals by the media

So I live in a blue state what can I do, well.... How about a constitutional convention?

Those not in power hate the federal power right now, great time to push for it... Now why would I suggest that when the federal power may be the only thing to save my bacon?

Because when a Democrat gets in there and the Congress is blue, they will have less control over the states and what they do.

Then when everyone flees to the red States at least they will be more likely to protect your 2A rights without the feds interfering...

Nobody likes being controlled, freedom requires being tolerant of the things your neighbor does even if you don't like it, so that they will be tollerant of what you do.

Also a constitutional convention pushes for decentralization of power which removes centralization of power. Eventually maybe the people will have power again if it's decentralized enough.

You are considered a nut if you use history as an example why individuals should hold the BOR not just the 2nd amendment dear. I do not trust our government to do what is right for its citizens which makes me only that much more determined to hold my firearms close by. I dont think gun owners will ever unite. I think that gun owners will put up small pockets of resistance but not until it really starts to impact our lives and lively hoods. These small pockets of resistance will be termed radicals by the media

Nobody will care untill it directly effects them . I'm surprised that some gun owners are so easily hoodwinked by leftist arrogance and propaganda.

We often paint Democrats with to wide of brush. Most of the Democrats I talk with would consider themselves Classical Liberals at least you can talk to them and they'll listen to reasoned arguments. Now Seattle is another matter.

I could actully respect classic librails what we have today is not a true librail .They are radical control freaks .If anyone thinks they are controlling now wait until the people are powerless.

I could actully respect classic librails what we have today is not a true librail .They are radical control freaks .If anyone thinks they are controlling now wait until the people are powerless.

There has been a disconnect between classical liberalism and the left. Those that figured it out have gone more right. Also the right has gone more liberal on social issues in recent times which is think is appealing more to classical liberals. Especially ones that are conservative on monetary policy but liberal on social issues.

Anyway, there is this University that starts with a 'P' that is great for information like this. ;)

I dont disagree with the simple fact that Democrats have caused a lot of problems with gun control at the state level. However to ignore the basic premise that there are a lot of Republicans supporting this effort all the way up to our president. It would seem to me if the Republicans supported gun ownership they had at two years to make our plight better.

Unfortunately those darned conspirist and their mass attacks days before gun legislation took place. But it is a fact the republicans lacked the courage to move forward.

Replicans better learn how to Republican. They aren't going to pickup democrats by being democrat-lite. No one has any need for that.

The gun control act of 1986 outlawed owning machine guns made after the date it went into effect. It did several things in our favor, which, in my opinion, outweigh the infringement of a machine gun ban. I could not afford to shoot a machine gun even if I could afford to buy one. The 1986 Act:

Firearm Owners Protection Act - Wikipedia

Trump is the best thing our side has seen in my lifetime, not only on the 2A but on most if not all other issues. He has already appointed 2 SC justices that should be pro-2A. That's HUGE. The bump stocks ban to me is not a problem; they should have been NFA items from the start since they essentially convert semis to full auto. And do not claim that the Rs were in control the past 2 years. They were not - their majority over the Ds was too small because of 3 or 4 RINOs, essentially giving control to the D/RINO party.

Watch Trey Gowdy (he's an R in case you didn't know) OBLITERATE a member of the deep state on 2A infringement when they take the right to keep and bear away from citizens without due process - which is the topic of the OP.
5 minutes:

And when an anti says the founders didn't envision repeating arms, or semi-autos, etc, remind them of this revolving rifle made in Germany in 1580, and then ask them if they'd like to retract their BS:

File:Drehling GNM W1984 ca 1580.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Make a copy of that to your hard drive, and/or a paper copy. I'd expect this type of information to be pulled off the internet soon.

Edit, more old repeating arms:
Belton Flintlock prior to 1777:
Belton flintlock - Wikipedia

Cookson repeater - 1690:
Cookson repeater - Wikipedia

Kalthoff repeater - 1600s:
Kalthoff repeater - Wikipedia

Harmonica gun - 1742:
Harmonica gun - Wikipedia

Last Edited:
Or this:
download (5).jpg

James Puckle - Wikipedia

The gun control act of 1986 outlawed owning machine guns made after the date it went into effect. It did several things in our favor, which, in my opinion, outweigh the infringement of a machine gun ban. I could not afford to shoot a machine gun even if I could afford to buy one. The 1986 Act:

Firearm Owners Protection Act - Wikipedia

Trump is the best thing our side has seen in my lifetime, not only on the 2A but on most if not all other issues. He has already appointed 2 SC justices that should be pro-2A. That's HUGE. The bump stocks ban to me is not a problem; they should have been NFA items from the start since they essentially convert semis to full auto. And do not claim that the Rs were in control the past 2 years. They were not - their majority over the Ds was too small because of 3 or 4 RINOs, essentially giving control to the D/RINO party.

Watch Trey Gowdy (he's an R in case you didn't know) OBLITERATE a member of the deep state on 2A infringement when they take the right to keep and bear away from citizens without due process - which is the topic of the OP.
5 minutes:

And when an anti says the founders didn't envision repeating arms, or semi-autos, etc, remind them of this revolving rifle made in Germany in 1580, and then ask them if they'd like to retract their BS:

File:Drehling GNM W1984 ca 1580.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Make a copy of that to your hard drive, and/or a paper copy. I'd expect this type of information to be pulled off the internet soon.
Dont know how you figure that the 1986 gun control act wasn't gun control when in the same breath you state it effected machine guns. I thought a machine gun was a gun. You cant pick and choose if the zebra has stripes. By all standards the 1986 act was and is gun control.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top