JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Public Forum Posts Are:

• What I think and don't give a hoot what others think about it.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Something I might think twice about in the future.

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Are something that can and will be used against me in the court of law.

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • None of the above, I'll tell you below what I think.

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
Did the VANCE (?) man's thread about not posting any longer get DELETED on this forum?

I can't remember what section of the forum that it was in now. If it is still on this forum - I do not see it.

He spoke about some issues in his thread. I read it but I did not comment on it.

Every single thing that you WRITE online and even SAY in a telephone conversation (Land line or cellular telephone.) is known to Big Brother in one way or another.

Plus ALL of your polite, nice, concerned, educated, well informed and SINCERE conversations in snail mail, in email and ON the telephone to your mostly CROOKED R/L and L/R politicians and to the White House are DULY NOTED too!

That is a NO brainer and it has always been that way but it is much worse now.

ALL FORUMS, old, long gone and newer online boards, discussion groups, blogs, reviews, comment sections, PODCASTS no matter who OWNS THEM, RUNS THEM, CENSORS THEM, EDITS THEM, etc. are pretty much the same DEAL unless you are a SOLE OWNER and have complete control of your own THING.

And even then, the .gov folks can SHUT YOU DOWN totally or just tell you to shut up in their own special way!

Old Lady Cate

Post what you want....within NWFA forum rules.

With that said....
Not to long ago we had a "new member" sign up and engage many other forum members in so called conversation.
The new member took screen shots of the posts and threads....
The new member also took many things that were posted , out of context , edited them or "spun them" / twisted words and meanings...
And posted all on Reddit.

And while that was a low grade PITA....
I have no doubt that similar actions will continue and perhaps be done by folks with more serious intent and influnence.
Andy

A gun forum is just another type of social media. But why would anyone say anything anywhere that could be held against them?
Welp, in case they do hold what ever I say around here against me, all I gotta say is… DOLLY PARDON'S breasts!!

:s0023:

3B40327A-3F76-45BA-8AA3-59F83C3A7CB1.jpeg

or….. Rachell Welch's butt!
22960C37-57B2-4D34-8F47-3D85D6FAB596.jpeg

:s0108::s0108:

I used to frequent a forum that was quite wide open with what people could say/post - with the exception of people posting identifying info or making threats.

There were quite a few trolls.

There were also a few trolls who doxxed some members of the forum somehow by sending posts/etc. to their relatives or employers.

Given the even more severe consequences of red flag laws, it bears some thought and caution as to what some people say or infer here - myself included. I have an ex that would maybe be tempted to do something like that if she knew how and was able to figure out I was here - even though I have not spoken to her in years. Then there are the strangers who just feel they want to and that would get a thrill out of doing it to someone online, whether they had reason to or not.

So yes, we all should probably think a little harder about what we post anywhere.

I used to frequent a forum that was quite wide open with what people could say/post - with the exception of people posting identifying info or making threats.

There were quite a few trolls.

There were also a few trolls who doxxed some members of the forum somehow by sending posts/etc. to their relatives or employers.

Given the even more severe consequences of red flag laws, it bears some thought and caution as to what some people say or infer here - myself included. I have an ex that would maybe be tempted to do something like that if she knew how and was able to figure out I was here - even though I have not spoken to her in years. Then there are the strangers who just feel they want to and that would get a thrill out of doing it to someone online, whether they had reason to or not.

So yes, we all should probably think a little harder about what we post anywhere.
I strongly stand by my statement in my prior post! :s0108:

I'm familiar with people getting in trouble in court based on things that are said on social media attached to their real name that are publicly searchable or that other people could share/screenshot to use as evidence. Without using your real name, and not providing people with information against you, it would be tough for them to use forum posts against you.

For example,

Arresting officer says: "Give me your phone."

"Ok officer" (hands phone over)

Arresting officer: "what's the password"

"Silence"

(You don't have to say anything)

Have fun having a case against someone that says nothing. They have a duty to prove your guilt. You don't have to help them.
Like many issues today, "it's complicated" applies . . .

TL/DR they can't make you input or provide a passcode, but unlocking with facial recognition or touch ID is not prohibited

Last Edited:
Every single thing that you WRITE online and even SAY in a telephone conversation (Land line or cellular telephone.) is known to Big Brother in one way or another.
The NSA records, analyzes and collates every electronic communication that it can get its hands on, around the world.

They are only supposed to do this for non US citizens or those who communicate with persons of interest, but to do this, they grab everything they can. Generally they don't keep all of the raw data unless the person is of interest to somebody, but they do keep much of the metadata (data about the data - e.g., time, place, who was involved in the comm or transaction, etc.)

Now red flag laws are generally a state thing, and the NSA generally does not share anything with state govs - they often do not share with anybody - but ISPs do share a lot with anybody willing to pay them, or govs that subpoena them. And remember, this data generally does not go away.

Then there are the trolls...

So yeah - ALL of your internet traffic (including HTTPS which the NSA has broken), phone calls, all of your financial records, healthcare records, insurance records, your location from your cell phone (GPS turned on or not), facial recognition, license plate recognition and anything any government agency knows about you. ANYTHING electronic that they can tap into, which is just about anything.

The NSA runs all this thru their analyzing software and creates a map of your friends, their friends, their friends friends - at least 7 layers out - more if you are "interesting". Voice recognition if you are interesting. They have software that can capture words spoken in any language they know of, if they are interesting words or spoken by interesting people.

If anybody in that map is "interesting" to the government, then you are also "interesting" to the government and so are all of your friends/relatives/etc. - including people you work with and so on. Anything and anybody they can associate with you, they know. That includes everybody here, your FB associations, Reddit, etc.

Like many issues today, "it's complicated" applies . . .

TL/DR they can't make you input or provide a passcode, but unlocking with facial recognition or touch ID is not prohibited

Hence why you never set those features up on your phone (big brain).

With all the Govt surveillance and record keeping going on......
Why is/was/there continues to be? Such a fuss, over Hillary's computer server? LOL. Yeah.....and where are the "leaks"?

Rrrrrrright......some stuff depends on your "Circle of Friends".

And, some people......somehow end up dead. Cough, cough.......

Aloha, Mark

Just my opinion... but - this was bait.

The NSA records, analyzes and collates every electronic communication that it can get its hands on, around the world.

They are only supposed to do this for non US citizens or those who communicate with persons of interest, but to do this, they grab everything they can. Generally they don't keep all of the raw data unless the person is of interest to somebody, but they do keep much of the metadata (data about the data - e.g., time, place, who was involved in the comm or transaction, etc.)

Now red flag laws are generally a state thing, and the NSA generally does not share anything with state govs - they often do not share with anybody - but ISPs do share a lot with anybody willing to pay them, or govs that subpoena them. And remember, this data generally does not go away.

Then there are the trolls...

So yeah - ALL of your internet traffic (including HTTPS which the NSA has broken), phone calls, all of your financial records, healthcare records, insurance records, your location from your cell phone (GPS turned on or not), facial recognition, license plate recognition and anything any government agency knows about you. ANYTHING electronic that they can tap into, which is just about anything.

The NSA runs all this thru their analyzing software and creates a map of your friends, their friends, their friends friends - at least 7 layers out - more if you are "interesting". Voice recognition if you are interesting. They have software that can capture words spoken in any language they know of, if they are interesting words or spoken by interesting people.

If anybody in that map is "interesting" to the government, then you are also "interesting" to the government and so are all of your friends/relatives/etc. - including people you work with and so on. Anything and anybody they can associate with you, they know. That includes everybody here, your FB associations, Reddit, etc.

So they know I'm 7-degrees from Kevin Bacon…. Isn't everyone?

So they know I'm 7-degrees from Kevin Bacon…. Isn't everyone?
But is anyone interested in Kevin Bacon??

That is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
And by opposing end them. To die—to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to: 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep, perchance to dream—ay, there's the rub:
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,