JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
'Red flag' gun law should include minors, Washington state prosecutors say

Insane!

Edit: I just want to make sure everybody understands what this article is about. There is a movement to interpret the red flag laws so that they can remove guns from citizens who aren't even the target of the red flag effort. For example your daughter tells her counsler at school that she is having suicidal thoughts and that there are guns in the household. The counselor initiates a red flag event and a couple of steps later the cops come for your guns. You are not the target of the red flag event but since the target lives in your household they want to remove your guns. This is a very very scary escalation of the red flag law.

Last Edited:
Prosecutors want to be able to take YOUR guns if your kid gets a ERPO put against them and they live with you.

The entire concept of giving up Constitutionally protected rights, before a crime is committed should be abhorrent, but sadly is welcomed in this state.:(

'Red flag' gun law should include minors, Washington state prosecutors say

But, I-1639 would keep his guns away from his kid, right?

What's neat is that they are not letting the kid live with the dad until dad, the one without the ERPO, complies.

One of the first things Hitler did was encourage the youth to have loyalty to the state before their own parents.

Last time I checked, Democrat voters and their kin were perpetrators of violence far more than the other side.

Please dont make this a political thread- there are two sides to any story.
how can it not be political?
:rolleyes:
I mean really. Let's see.
1) Who's the ruling party in Washington State?
2) WHY are they pushing this?
3) Taking away a constitutional right before a person is of legal age... how is that not political?
4) In the article, the specific "minor" case is 18 years old :rolleyes:

Well, we all know how it ended for Hitler...

The only question is who will step up to save Amerika? Cause us old folks are on the path to extinction and the younger generations, as a whole, don't have the fortitude to do what's necessary, nor the loyal commitment to their own country...

They lack Patriotism...

Sorry, but that's the way I see it...

18943.jpg
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe."
― Frederick Douglass

let's crunch the numbers here.
Approx 300 million+ guns are known to have been produced and sold in America in the history of America;
There are approximately 100+ million gun owners of all types at the low end of estimates;

of that number, perhaps 1 percent of American gun owners have the brass balls to stand up to the tyranny...but that is still a significant number at 1 million plus. (That's just one percent, leaving 99 percent to be either killed, cowed into submission, arrested, or apathetic, or actively working against other gun owners)

Compare to the numbers for the military personnel; approximately 1.3 million Active Duty personnel with about 800,000 in 7 reserves components... spread out between US Army, USAF, US Navy (and Marines), and US Coast Guard.
The majority of these Active Duty personnel are support/logistics personnel, a military needs cooks, mechanics, quartermasters, clerks, and other support personnel to fight effectively.

With 1 million plus potential combatants spread all around the United States, and the support from families, communities, other gun owners, and so on, I do not think the US Federal Government would want to take on a potential insurrection and rebellion of armed Americans.... although it does seem like some States are trying to actively make enemies of gun owning Americans :rolleyes:

Back to the topic. it is clear that they are trying to remove Constitutional Rights from minors before they are of age... all in the name of "safety" when really, it is about control of the people.

There are a lot of rights that our government right now are stepping all over- wether it's the 1st ,2nd or the 14th. The Republican party and its leadership isn't supporting our rights either. When our leadership trust the enemy more than our intelligence community who are the good guys.

No kids here, and reading crap like this doesnt help us want to have kids either.

I mean wife and I are seriously considering it but, we don't want to lose our rights in the process.

Is this population control for conservatives?

There are a lot of rights that our government right now are stepping all over- wether it's the 1st ,2nd or the 14th. The Republican party and its leadership isn't supporting our rights either. When our leadership trust the enemy more than our intelligence community who are the good guys.

You mean like when the CIA flooded the streets cocaine and crack?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews