JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Long story short... I pissed off an unstable person who has threatened me... in the past this person has made BS claims to authorities about me and/or my family. All of which came out to be BS, but not without the hassle... and of course, said loser is never held accountable for falsely accusing

So, can some asshat in Oregon who has only interacted with me a handful of times over the years initiate a Red Flag order against me in WA without any evidence that Im a danger?

Well thats a relief.

Suppose he could still SWAT me or do a traditional restraining order

Fun times
Still bullchit if you ask me. I'm guessing if he calls you in as a nut or says that he feels threatened by you, a law enforcement officer may still stop by and decide to petition one on his behalf. I'm sure it would depend on the the story he told, the investigating officer's demeaner and how nice you play with said officer, but at any rate the risk is way too much of a crap shoot. You might get a real anti 2A cop show up and you're screwed, at least until you can prove otherwise.

The red flag laws are a joke! About a month ago my neighbor behind me threatened to "f-ing end me" multiple times while holding his loaded ak47. He was screaming at me so loud that my neighbor across the street in front could hear him. I called the police and they came out, took statements and did nothing! He even told them he was holding his ak but it wasnt loaded and he never threatened to kill me. My cameras werent working at the time so it was his word against mine. This was also the 2nd time police were called on him for making threats to shoot me. I asked the officers about using the red flag law and they basically laughed it off. I guess they were not interested in paperwork that morning.

The red flag laws are a joke! About a month ago my neighbor behind me threatened to "f-ing end me" multiple times while holding his loaded ak47. He was screaming at me so loud that my neighbor across the street in front could hear him. I called the police and they came out, took statements and did nothing! He even told them he was holding his ak but it wasnt loaded and he never threatened to kill me. My cameras werent working at the time so it was his word against mine. This was also the 2nd time police were called on him for making threats to shoot me. I asked the officers about using the red flag law and they basically laughed it off. I guess they were not interested in paperwork that morning.
I'm surprised that you got the PD to come by.

Kind of a double edged sword. I would rather the police be reluctant to petition a red flag on someone rather than be quick to do it.

They'll (most likely) only execute a red-flag order if there's a political advantage that they can use for public leverage to their agenda.
Screenshot_20221020-183744_Instagram.jpg

WGL covers it pretty good. Appears only law enforcement or close family members can petition for the Extreme Risk Protection Order (ERPO).

However, It's my understanding Wa State will honor any other states red flag. If Or. allows this unrelated person to file a restraining order against you(like Ca. where anyone can) you might be in trouble. Check with Or.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews