JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There I believe are 16 separate agencys according to wikipedia.
Half of them are under Dept of Defense, which is military . Then theres the CIA which is classed as "independent" but the rest are under Justice, Homeland Security, Treasury or Energy. However they are all under the aegis of Intelligence Community with a singular administrative office.

Half of them are under Dept of Defense, which is military . Then theres the CIA which is classed as "independent" but the rest are under Justice, Homeland Security, Treasury or Energy. However they are all under the aegis of Intelligence Community with a singular administrative office.
They can work independently or together
When you have multiple agencys come to the same conclusion it might just have some merit. When all agencys come to the same conclusion they know something. You can take it from there.

I AGREE with you, but brother (or sis?) Why the eff are your panties in such a bind about democrats or republicans getting equal blame??

THIS IS WHY WE ARE ALWAYS LUUUZINGUH - because all we do is b!tch at each other about semantics while the constitution gets torn up.

Let's talk about this bad law and how to fight it, legally or "extra" legally!
I support this post but to.me it is only one of many problems. It appears that many on here dont recognize that both sides are working on infringement.

I support this post but to.me it is only one of many problems. It appears that many on here dont recognize that both sides are working on infringement.

The evidence just isn't there. One side actively works on infringement and the other side does not work as hard at restoration. Big difference than them both working actively on infridngment.

Of course the HPA and the National reciprocity would be great, but right when it was gaining momentum to head to a vote there was a convenient "mass shooting" that destroyed the momentum and put a bad taste in the emotional and uninformed public's mouth for anything firearm related, even if it was unrelated to criminal activity that was blasted nationally 24/7. I personally don't find that to be coincidence.

Stupid prosecutor who doesn't give a rat's as$ about saving suicidal teens, just wants to be able to confiscate.
Having had a suicidal teen, there are DHS protocols to follow where you demonstrate that all medicines are locked away safely, all knives are removed and secured, and that guns are locked in safes.
If they are going to confiscate sharp objects and medicines along with the guns, then the law will be fairly applied. I predict, it will not, and suicides will continue.
For example, Korea and Japan each have suicides 2x the combined rate of US suicides, and NONE are done using a gun.
One more example where another law won't solve the problem.

No kids here, and reading crap like this doesnt help us want to have kids either.
I mean wife and I are seriously considering it but, we don't want to lose our rights in the process.
Is this population control for conservatives?
I suggest that the number of people who should not be allowed to have kids FAR outnumbers the number of people who should not be allowed to own guns.

You mean like the concept of taking property without due process first that our president supports. How about Trumps support of bump stocks?

I dont disagree with the simple fact that Democrats have caused a lot of problems with gun control at the state level. However to ignore the basic premise that there are a lot of Republicans supporting this effort all the way up to our president. It would seem to me if the Republicans supported gun ownership they had at two years to make our plight better.
Repubs or Dems, they all support their own agenda - that which gets them re-elected. Though, as a generalization, far more Republicans support gun ownership and limited restrictions than do Democrats.

Ok so what do you propose we do about this? What legal, extralegal, actionable plans can we as a country execute to "drain the swamp"? :rolleyes:
How about our leadership start being honest with American citizen. Saying what you mean and following the intent of the constitution. There is thing called honesty and we should demand that from all leaders. Once we set that standard we can start to communicate.
Imho.

The evidence just isn't there. One side actively works on infringement and the other side does not work as hard at restoration. Big difference than them both working actively on infridngment.

Of course the HPA and the National reciprocity would be great, but right when it was gaining momentum to head to a vote there was a convenient "mass shooting" that destroyed the momentum and put a bad taste in the emotional and uninformed public's mouth for anything firearm related, even if it was unrelated to criminal activity that was blasted nationally 24/7. I personally don't find that to be coincidence.
Please tell me any law the Republicans have reverted for gun owners. Just one would. Inaction is not helping the cause.

'Red flag' gun law should include minors, Washington state prosecutors say

Insane!

Edit: I just want to make sure everybody understands what this article is about. There is a movement to interpret the red flag laws so that they can remove guns from citizens who aren't even the target of the red flag effort. For example your daughter tells her counsler at school that she is having suicidal thoughts and that there are guns in the household. The counselor initiates a red flag event and a couple of steps later the cops come for your guns. You are not the target of the red flag event but since the target lives in your household they want to remove your guns. This is a very very scary escalation of the red flag law.

THEY ARE ALREADY DOING THIS IN KING COUNTY CHECK THIS VIDEO OUT

Please dont make this a political thread- there are two sides to any story.

What is the other side to this story?
This is nothing more than punishment for a crime that hasn't been committed.
Sissy gets mad at daddy for taking her T-Bird away and this is how she gets even.

let's crunch the numbers here.
Approx 300 million+ guns are known to have been produced and sold in America in the history of America;
There are approximately 100+ million gun owners of all types at the low end of estimates;

of that number, perhaps 1 percent of American gun owners have the brass balls to stand up to the tyranny...but that is still a significant number at 1 million plus. (That's just one percent, leaving 99 percent to be either killed, cowed into submission, arrested, or apathetic, or actively working against other gun owners)

Compare to the numbers for the military personnel; approximately 1.3 million Active Duty personnel with about 800,000 in 7 reserves components... spread out between US Army, USAF, US Navy (and Marines), and US Coast Guard.
The majority of these Active Duty personnel are support/logistics personnel, a military needs cooks, mechanics, quartermasters, clerks, and other support personnel to fight effectively.

With 1 million plus potential combatants spread all around the United States, and the support from families, communities, other gun owners, and so on, I do not think the US Federal Government would want to take on a potential insurrection and rebellion of armed Americans.... although it does seem like some States are trying to actively make enemies of gun owning Americans :rolleyes:

Back to the topic. it is clear that they are trying to remove Constitutional Rights from minors before they are of age... all in the name of "safety" when really, it is about control of the people.
What is the other side to this story?
This is nothing more than punishment for a crime that hasn't been committed.
Sissy gets mad at daddy for taking her T-Bird away and this is how she gets even.
You are exactly right with your example and there is much more room for abuse of these red flag laws. Step children, ex's, and the list will go on and on.

My brother went through an ugly divorce a couple years ago but has minor children so he's still got to deal with his bat-chit crazy ex for a few more years. He's very, very cautious in his dealings because of laws like this. The only reason we can figure she hasn't hit him with it is that we suspect that she doesn't yet know it's an option. Red flag laws have infinite potential for abuse and no recourse against the accuser.

Last Edited:
My brother went through an ugly divorce a couple years ago but has minor children so he's still got to deal with his bat-chit crazy ex for a few more years. He's very, very cautious in his dealings because of laws like this. The only reason we can figure she hasn't hit him with it is that we suspect that she doesn't yet know it's an option. Red flag laws have infinite potential for abuse and no recourse against the accuser.
And God help ya, if your kid doodles a picture of a gun at school now. This could open up a whole new dimension with zero tolerance policies. Your brother's ex isn't the only bat-chit crazy person around. I suspect there's a bunch of them in King Co and all up and down the west coast.

Well, his kids are in their early and mid teens and are well aware of mama's chemical and psychological issues. It won't be the kids that get him in trouble. Honestly, our whole family worries about what she could do if she only knew she had the power. I can't imagine what it must be like for my brother to live with that always in the back of his mind. Theoretically she's just as much a treat to me. We never got along. She has weaponized the system in the past. Luckily, she's usually too impaired or busy scheming a way to get other people's money to follow the news about matters like this. I'm sure she'll find out eventually.

Sorry to derail the thread. Just pointing out that this is a very real threat and it could very easily impact any of us in one way or another.

FOPA 1986? In direct relation to New Jerseys law that said no one, not even nonresidents are immune to their laws?
Let's try something in the last two years when Republicans controlled the house Senate and presidency. Seems like it would have been the perfect time if there ever was one.

After all this time, after all the infringing laws put upon Americans
by liberal democrats and you still try to make the republicans responsible

Its really sad to see the delusion here from gun owners that refuse to accept that their political preference is mostly responsible for the infringing gun laws, if you vote democrat you supported the party, if you vote republican you supported the party.........period

going out of your way to try to implicate republicans as the gun grabbers and as equally responsible is.......... JUST INSANE and what I think of you and your ideals

I have no respect for you or your choices and the unconstitutional guns laws your party is continuously trying to put upon me and THIS SUBJECT IS POLITICAL YOU THE DEMOCRATS MADE IT THIS WAY

I said this before I dont trust my neighbors not to screw me by voting away my rights in this democrat corrupt state, 11th most corrupt in the country
MUST WE POST A LIST OF THE DEMOCRAT RESPONSIBLE GUN LAWS AND THE REPUBLICAN GUN LAWS TO SHUT YOU UP

put the koolaid down please.....Im aching over your ignorance :oops:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top