JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Public Forum Posts Are:

• What I think and don't give a hoot what others think about it.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Something I might think twice about in the future.

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Are something that can and will be used against me in the court of law.

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • None of the above, I'll tell you below what I think.

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
So, with regard to my last employer, one of the first things looked at if an employee became the subject of an internal investigation, was that employee's Facebook page and social media accounts. And yes, content was used as a basis for suspension, disciplinary action and termination.

Many folks working in law enforcement have learned the hard way that texts and social media posts never, ever go away...

Social media activity has been widely used in criminal and civil trials. Mas Ayoob wrote a good article on this a while back for, IIRC, American Handgunner.

With the advent of more, and now federal, red flag laws, I think it's a fair bet that social media posts will be scrutinized even more...

Listen carefully:
The government has awesome tools available to it to do some of what was mentioned here...
However, the government is run by politards that rarely know more than how to get elected...
Surrounding themselves not with actual certified experts, but based solely upon how far one can suck a golf ball thru a garden hose...
Who then try very hard to only hire people dumber than they are so those staff are not a threat.

Think about that when you next read, see, or hear about government investigations that are never concluded or go no where and ask yourself if you had these supposed omnipotent powers, would you not already know all you needed about someone's texts, emails, tax returns, etc?

Caniglia V. Strom. SCOTUS case. June 2021 (last year). 9-0 decision that says what the Police did was unconstitutional even with the defense of "community caretaking exception", and violated both 2A and 4A.

Of course the media ignored this. Of course the Feds and States ignored this.

But 2A groups, and privacy advocates (4A) should be bringing suits against States and Fed agencies to drop or nullify the various Red Flag laws

So, with regard to my last employer, one of the first things looked at if an employee became the subject of an internal investigation, was that employee's Facebook page and social media accounts. And yes, content was used as a basis for suspension, disciplinary action and termination.
For a few years, I was the service manager at a radio shop and did all the hiring and firing. When I got a resume' from an applicant, this is the first thing I did. If the person had a bunch of idiotic posts on their fb or twatter page, I usually "filed" that one and moved on to the next.

1656415808908.png

Man , this is pretty depressing stuff so far.
I will continue to mouth off until someone finally shuts me up , I suppose. Thankfully, nobody wants my crap job . As far as being rd flggd , maybe this can finally motivate the gettalong gang to stop accepting overreach and send public servants a msg by voting them out.

Man , this is pretty depressing stuff so far.
I will continue to mouth off until someone finally shuts me up , I suppose. Thankfully, nobody wants my crap job . As far as being rd flggd , maybe this can finally motivate the gettalong gang to stop accepting overreach and send public servants a msg by voting them out.

Dear Public Servants,

FOAD!!

For a few years, I was the service manager at a radio shop and did all the hiring and firing. When I got a resume' from an applicant, this is the first thing I did. If the person had a bunch of idiotic posts on their fb or twatter page, I usually "filed" that one and moved on to the next.
There is wisdom and there is intelligence - the two are related, but not necessarily the same thing.

I have worked with a LOT of people who did their jobs with great skill and diligence, but at the same time have said and done really stupid things outside their jobs, and continue to do them.

I have learned not to judge a person's job skills by their life skills and vice versa.

So with the new Red Flag law, (dumb question but.....) Do you think there are folks out there trolling firearms forums either trying to goad someone into publicly posting some kind of "threat" or just looking for someone that happened to post something that could be construed as a threat that would/should preclude them from owning a firearm? Something they could use to apply towards a red flag? I see many posts on this forum (some I've posted I'm sure) that I assume are mostly typed in jest about shooting someone or something and when taken out of context could sound fairly damning. Even if used simply as fodder. Since this chit seems to be coming to a head, I have refrained from letting all my thoughts become public for this reason. If, god forbid, one of us has to use our firearm in self defense and it is an iffy shoot, a jury reading of couple of these posts might be just enough to sway them the other way.
The biggest issue imo re this forum is it appears you cannot delete photos you have attached, ever. If you go to your media album it will only let u delete images or videos right after they are attached. After a certain time period you cannot delete it from your gallery.

That means for red flag laws, people stealing your images for scam ads, etc you can't do anything about it. I have made a thread on this but no response so far.

Imo this is a huge problem with the forum and I'm not attaching any images of guns that are mine going forward.

The biggest issue imo re this forum is it appears you cannot delete photos you have attached, ever. If you go to your media album it will only let u delete images or videos right after they are attached. After a certain time period you cannot delete it from
I don't believe that is accurate and I just tested it. I went to my media and found the oldest photo on there (from July 11, 2011) went to the ad, selected 'edit' and clicked the trash can on the photo and now that image is gone from both the ad and my media

I don't believe that is accurate and I just tested it. I went to my media and found the oldest photo on there (from July 11, 2011) went to the ad, selected 'edit' and clicked the trash can on the photo and now that image is gone from both the ad and my media
Correct. You can edit your media items directly from the ad in which they were originally posted. But yes, you have to actually click the trash can on the image at the upload photos stage, and it will remove the media. If you only delete the image in the post body then save, it does not get rid of the media.

None of the above for me.

Reason number 1: In my periodic security audits a topic I responded in to NWFA once came up for clarification. "They" are already watching and have been for quite a while. I don't speak of violence nor do I condone it unless it's the very last resort for my defense or the defense of others.

Reason number 2: Owning a gun as a law abiding citizen in Oregon will eventually be enough to constitute a red flag. I mean, only a crazy person would own a gun so ipso facto I'm already considered unstable.

There must be some special trick to doing it then. I open my media select the box and the delete option is not there. If it is a media item I just uploaded and I check the box the delete option is there. I don't want to go to every post I ever made and see what guns I have posted to it. That would take forever. I want to select and delete some media in the media folder where they all are.

Move is the only option it gives me:

666FD53C-8FB2-41E5-A6B4-AF8B30914EAD.png

There must be some special trick to doing it then. I open my media select the box and the delete option is not there. If it is a media item I just uploaded and I check the box the delete option is there. I don't want to go to every post I ever made and see what guns I have posted to it. That would take forever. I want to select and delete some media in the media folder where they all are.

Move is the only option it gives me:

View attachment 1230634
Screenshot_20220628-093345_Chrome.jpg
You should be able to go to the original post, unlock/edit/remove. I am noticing now though, some ads seem to not have the option to unlock (maybe specific sections?). If so, try reporting your own post to moderators.

except theres a difference between celebrating an improvement in the safety of our society and the loss of a life. Everyone agrees its better the good guy doesnt become a victim, everyone also agrees its better to not be in that position in the first place. In the context of the thread subject, everything you say electronically stays forever, the question is... can it be taken out of context?
Things taken out of context cause the world to revolve. Unless the US can be turned around - and quickly - nothing we say or do will mean anything. It wiill be a world-wide bloodbath. Check history. Go as far back as you want.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top