JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Our Bi-Mart said that they couldn't get any .22 rounds about two months ago. Now they have several brands on the shelf. I didn't check prices. Even WallyWorld had .22's in stock for longer than two weeks.

I haven't been in WalMart for three plus months in Cornelius. Took the wife there four or five times, maybe next time I get out of the car and look. The Forest Grove Bi-Mart has 22... just rubbing it in is all

A brick of 500 should be no more than $20

I still have a ton of it which I bought for $10/500... not all that long ago.

I enjoy the caliber and have a few guns... but its left mostly for the kids to mess around with.

At current prices, I just wont buy it. Especially when I can get 9mm or 556 practice ammo for 2x the price and 100x the availability.

I enjoy the caliber and have a few guns... but its left mostly for the kids to mess around with.

At current prices, I just wont buy it. Especially when I can get 9mm or 556 practice ammo for 2x the price and 100x the availability.

Seems like the cheapest I've seen it is $18/325 pack.

Are you saying you can reload for 9mm & 5.56 for about the same price? Cuz I'm pretty sure you can't buy even production reloads in any caliber for $20 for 350 rounds.

I'm the woods with a couple 20lb bags of potatoes and a few cans and I can shoot .22's all day and be happy as a clam.

At the range I prefer making larger holes in the paper:D.

You should buy both!

As in a pistol and rifle or the Mark 3 & 4?

I don't see any benifit of getting a 3 now that the 4's are out. I only have my Standard that I learned on at age 4 so I am skipping the 2's & 3's (although if I found a slab side competition Mark 2 for a good deal I would have a hard time passing it up).

As in a pistol and rifle or the Mark 3 & 4?

I don't see any benifit of getting a 3 now that the 4's are out. I only have my Standard that I learned on at age 4 so I am skipping the 2's & 3's (although if I found a slab side competition Mark 2 for a good deal I would have a hard time passing it up).

Takes a little time for the pipeline to fill up again. Now that they are showing up in the LITE version I am very temped to get one. May treat myself one for my birthday this year. It's about time they did this. The MKII I could live with. The MKIII makes me mad every time I take it apart.

I had no idea this kind of thing was going on. RUGERMANIA, WOW!!!!

I miss my heavy barrel Ruger #1 in .22-250, fabulous shooter! Lots of dead chucks, one shot at a time. I had an M77 in 7mm Rem Mag, and still have a stainless m77 in .308. And a SR9c. Can't go wrong with Ruger.

Always wanted a Red Label 12ga. Had to settle for SKB (3 of them). And a .22lr semi-auto pistol. But no I'm gun poor so not buying any more firearms. I have to stay out of shops because firearms are like puppies, they always want to go home with me and are pretty hard to resist. :rolleyes::D
I wouldn't exactly call it 'settling' for a SKB. I have my dads and I will compare it to any Red Label Rugero_O

That's great but when the stores are buying a brick for more than they sold them for 5 years ago it's kinda hard to sell them for 20 bucks
We sold Blazers for $15 a brick. Then we were buying that cheapo Remington gold crap for $18 a brick:eek:
I'm sure there is still a lot of folks trying to build up there stock pile of 22 so it will take a long time to recover.
But luckily there are folks like you out there that we don't have to worry about:D

I actually found a box of "Chootem" Mini-Mags at the local Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago and they had quite a bit of Federal blue box on the shelf. I don't often look there though, just because pickings have been so slim the last couple of years.
The local bimart has been getting shipments pretty regularly though for quite awhile. They've had some Aguila sitting on the shelf for a couple of weeks now but it being the 1st of it I've seen there I think they've got the pricing wrong on it. $4.49 for Super Extra? o_O

I actually found a box of "Chootem" Mini-Mags at the local Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago and they had quite a bit of Federal blue box on the shelf. I don't often look there though, just because pickings have been so slim the last couple of years.
The local bimart has been getting shipments pretty regularly though for quite awhile. They've had some Aguila sitting on the shelf for a couple of weeks now but it being the 1st of it I've seen there I think they've got the pricing wrong on it. $4.49 for Super Extra? o_O
Ammoseek lists it for $2.89 - 2.99 for the super extra - plus shipping.

I love my .22s. Cheap and fun. I just purchased a Marlin 60 so I can shoot with my daughter who uses my Remington 511p.

I have not had so much fun shooting since I did it with my dad using the same Remington 511 my daughter is using now.

WELL DAMN!!! How come I didn't know this!! I had no idea that was all there was to changing out my MKIII. For $10 I will try this. THANKS!!!!!
You know what? I've taken down my mkIII once since I have had it. And that was to install the bolt kit that makes it so you can take the slide out without disassembling the grip .
I have never taken it down to clean and it still runs and functions perfectly. Yes, I have cleaned it many times. But I just spray the beegeezuss out of it and let it soak and drain.
I have to giggle when I hear about all y'alls being so bothered to do a unesassary step to clean your pistol.

You know what? I've taken down my mkIII once since I have had it. And that was to install the bolt kit that makes it so you can take the slide out without disassembling the grip .
I have never taken it down to clean and it still runs and functions perfectly. Yes, I have cleaned it many times. But I just spray the beegeezuss out of it and let it soak and drain.
I have to giggle when I hear about all y'alls being so bothered to do a unesassary step to clean your pistol.

I have long used spray on auto's. Started doing it in with my first auto, Mod60. The stuff is great. That is probably a lot of the "problem" with the MKIII system. Since I don't take it down all the time I can't remember the right steps to do it when I do. If I did it every time I clean it would become easy. As for it being "a unesassary step to clean your pistol" that's great if you think that. Many do not,and I am one. No matter how much I spray it when I finally get around to taking it down I find "crud" the spray never got. Would it matter? Maybe not. I don't use these guns for defense, they are just fun. That's again why when I finally get too it I can never remember the damn steps to get the MKIII back together again without glancing at the instructions again. I finally made a quick cut of the part I needed and put it in my phone. Now that I know I can buy a part for $10 to get rid of that stupid mag safety it is on the way. Well worth it to me. I foresee them selling a lot of these things as MKIII owners find out about them.

I bought a kit that is supposed to make it easier to break down, but it would not work on my 'standard' so it is supposed to work on my Mark III 22/45 Lite....If I ever get it dirty

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top