JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The one that I don't understand.... Fanny.

So, in the UK, people wear fanny packs in the front instead of the rear?

(Had to go there..) ;)
Here in UK the fanny is a ruder word used to describe lady parts. If you wear this accessory at the back it's called a 'bum-pack/bag. If you wear it at the front then I have no idea what it would be called, as I haven't got one, nor see the need for one.

A 'bum' is what the British call a tramp. The word 'hobo' is a rarely-seen Americanism.

As far as cars go, here we say 'coup-ay' - you say 'coop'. Being a French speaker means that I'd call it a coup-ay in any case, as the letter 'e' has a ' over it.....

Americans also drop the initial 'h'' on 'herb'. Just as the French do. But you also say 'o-RIGGano' but here, and in Iddly, we say o-re-GAHno...

Please note that most of the English spoken in the USA is CORRECT from a historical usage point of view. Over here we owe the insertion of the letter 'u' into many words to the efforts of Samuel Johnson, the compiler of the first dictionary of English. He was trying to please the French wife of Charles II and reverted to many of the former French spellings of words that had become simplified by Shakespeare's time.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads