JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I sold a bunch of my ammo and I'm glad I did. I'd stocked deep and wasn't going to the range as much. There were lots of new shooter/gun owners who couldn't get it at any price, and it helped them. Win win, and if my wife pulls off buying a new place like she's been discussing and looking at zillow endlessly, I won't have to carry that heavy crap to the new spot. So win - win - win!

If you're sitting on too much ammo, consider cutting some loose to help our new brothers out. The price will eventually come back down, not as low due to inflation, but much lower than now.

"Too Much" for me was over 20,000 rounds of 5.56, similar 9mm and .45. Never had "too much" 12 ga or .22. There may have been times I could go through a thousand rounds in a sesh, but that was a long time back. If I put 100 rounds downrange in a practice session at the range these days, I'm shooting a lot:)

old Irishmen and their guns are like squirrels with their nuts
they both have several stashes buried around somewhere
my father's people were good Catholics from around Belfast

and yes, freedom is relative - I'm the first in my family for hundreds of years to own his own land
no Big House with a Lord overlooking my life
or politician in Olympia dictating my lifestyle
That's funny! 'No big house with a lord'..............that died out around 350 years back, before the colonies had their revolution. I can't comprehend that you actually believe what you wrote there - do you really think that people in UK have their lives managed by lords?

We never do know what banned members end up doing...

;)
Well, except you suspect the ones who serially rejoin and get banned....

AND I can go visit a choice of three different thousand-year-old cathedrals just a few miles away. Try THAT in Colorado.
Everywhere has cathedrals, built or grown by God's own hand. While appreciate man made stuff, the most spiritual places for me are in the wilderness.

If I wrote 'sound' moderator. would that be better?
Doubt it. I think you need to be direct and say silencer....

Back on topic, I shoot all my ammo and start reloading specific again when I find I'm low or empty for them. Doubling the size of my 'cache' would be buying a K or two of bullets and a keg or two of powder.... Oh wait, I do that already... :)

Well, except you suspect the ones who serially rejoin and get banned....

Everywhere has cathedrals, built or grown by God's own hand. While appreciate man made stuff, the most spiritual places for me are in the wilderness.

Doubt it. I think you need to be direct and say silencer....

Back on topic, I shoot all my ammo and start reloading specific again when I find I'm low or empty for them. Doubling the size of my 'cache' would be buying a K or two of bullets and a keg or two of powder.... Oh wait, I do that already... :)
I live in UK, and in the UK it's called a sound moderator, or 'mod' for short, for those who have problems spelling moderator all in one big word.

If it offends you to read the word 'moderator' [it moderates the sound of the gun going off] instead of 'silencer' [it does not silence the sound of a gun going off], then please feel free to ignore it.

I live in UK, and in the UK it's called a sound moderator, or 'mod' for short, for those who have problems spelling moderator all in one big word.

If it offends you to read the word 'moderator' [it moderates the sound of the gun going off] instead of 'silencer' [it does not silence the sound of a gun going off], then please feel free to ignore it.
@tac, I think you know me well enuf to know I'm not, nor would ever be offended by being called out or rebuked for improper terminology. I was attempting a translation....

Last go round I sold guns and ammo and purchased all new stuff the following year.The problem now you have to factor in the BGC and that takes some meat off the bone so kinda not worth the effort now .

In general, I'm pretty certain that firearms terminology is pretty much standard on both sides on the Atlantic among the four generally-English-speaking nations on THIS side. However, in the Republic of Ireland, one of those nations, they DO call it a silencer, and it has to be applied for as a separate item of licensing, as it is classed there as a firearm all by itself. It appears on the license of the firearm to which it is 'granted' in the form of the capital letter 'S'. In the Republic of Ireland each individual firearm, and that goes for anything above 1 Joule m/e, has to have its own license. I presently have twenty-three on my oen and only firearms certificate, and nothing at all for my dozen or more air guns.

The other three English-speaking nations, and the two self-governing Crown Dependencies - the Isle of Man and The Channel Islands - call it a moderator or sound moderator.

Apart from the 'carbYne/carbEEn thing, that's about it....

I learned something today👏👏👏👏. Didn't know the term "mod" = "silencer"

Thanks

Somehow I knew what a regulator was, must have heard that one before.

Boot, bonnet, lorry, petrol... We even have regional differences in the same country. I was in the Midwest and heard the term "topper". It took me a bit to realize they were referring to a pickup canopy, but they'd never heard of a canopy. English isn't always English. :)

I have bolt guns in all my semi calibers (,308, .30-06, 7MM, 8MM, X39, X54) and some levers shootin handgun boolits, .38/.357 mag, & .41 mag, and of course bunches of .22 boolits & weapons. The only ammo I've sold was 5.56, since I got rid of my AR & mini 14.. PAX

I'm a student of history, and I decided to look at the current spike in both the quantity and price of firearms/ammunition sales. I found this chart:

View attachment 828486

I noticed two obvious facts:

1) The average price goes up over time.
2) The big peaks (outliers) from the trendline collapse and return to the trendline.

Since we are currently living through an obvious peak right now (looks identical to the Obama/Sandy Hook peak), it seems like a no brainer to sell my ammunition and buy back twice the quantity once the peak collapses. I'd keep a reasonable amount on hand, but I have more than I could shoot in two lifetimes if I went shooting every single day. Why not double it?

Thoughts?
Can't answer that question without knowing how much you shoot per year.

The one that I don't understand.... Fanny.

So, in the UK, people wear fanny packs in the front instead of the rear?

(Had to go there..) ;)

We also call them suppressors, but the authorities call them moderators.
Suppressor or silencer here.

Mods do silence though. After you're banned by a mod, you're pretty much silenced.

Until you regenerate with a new account :D

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR