JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ever kneel, bend, crouch, reach for something or be a "human" in general?

4 O'Clock IWB flags the body, either yours or others around you while doing things that humans do.

If AIWB ain't for you, fine. But don't be all preachy or think you never possibly flag with your precious 4 O'Clock position.

:rolleyes:

It's true that you might flag the backs of your legs at 4:00.

As far as flagging others, yeah I really dont grab my ankles in front of people.:s0092:

It's true that you might flag the backs of your legs at 4:00.

As far as flagging others, yeah I really dont grab my ankles in front of people.:s0092:

Never pick up something dropped? See? Can't go through life making EVERYTHING about where the muzzle MIGHT be pointed. If it's holstered, it ain't gonna go bang. Same idea pertains to AIWB. That would be no different than not driving at night, in the rain, on a sunny day or in an unfamiliar area because of what MIGHT happen. Which is actually a statistically higher chance than a ND.

Carrying a gun and saying that you will NEVER flag yourself or anyone/anything else is straight up fantasyland BS. No matter which way you decide to carry.

Can't go through life making EVERYTHING about where the muzzle MIGHT be pointed.

I dont. My choice is 100% for comfort. Although the other day I had to go in a "GFZ", so I pocket carried a mouse gun to be more discreet. I did make a conscious effort to try not to flag people when sitting.

Many instructors like Vickers refuses to allow AIWB at their schools.

I'll take their knowledge and experience over internet know it alls every time.

Yes, it's true one cannot 100% avoid flagging someone while carrying, the difference is incidental brief or minor vs AIWB which is purposeful and continually flagging your own vitals.

Some here can't understand the difference. I'll just refer to fundamental rules again. AIWB plainly purposefully breaks a key rule.

Last Edited:
Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use.

For those that carry at 4 o'clock, how do you deal with daylight savings time?

Many instructors lick Vickers refuses to allow AIWB at their schools.

Nor does he and others allow the use of Blackhawks Serpa, ever consider he doesn't what to deal with huddled masses shooting themselves at his classes? It's not the method it's the knot head.

ETA: And often, exceptions are made on a case by case basis.

Last Edited:
Many instructors lick Vickers refuses to allow AIWB at their schools.

I'll take their knowledge and experience over internet know it alls every time.

Yes, it's true one cannot 100% avoid flagging someone while carrying, the difference is incidental brief or minor vs AIWB which is purposeful and continually flagging your own vitals.

Some here can't understand the difference. I'll just refer to fundamental rules again. AIWB plainly purposefully breaks a key rule.

Have you ever taken a vickers class? He does not allow any IWB holsters at all. He wants a owb holster in a duty style. Many high quality instructors carry AIWB. Most are a little thinner than Larry although he has been killing it on weight loss as of late.
You should check out the haley strategic series on holster selection.

AIWB folks need their heads examined IMO. AIWB requires that you point your gun - presumably loaded - at your groin or femoral artery for hours at a time. Plainly violating a fundamental rule: DON'T POINT YOUR GUN AT ANYTHING YOU'RE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY. I also cannot take seriously ANY tacticool "instructor" who violates this fundamental principle. You simply do not point loaded guns at yourself or others.

If you really beleive that you should NEVER carry a gun. No matter how you carry there are times it's point somewhere you do not want to send a round. Unless you are never around others maybe.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews