JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not in love with Safariland's ALS. I've got a 6360 (SLS hood + ALS lock) for my Beretta - I need the ALS nub for mine, but its just not my favorite. I got it because it's a level 3 system, I think next go-round I'm going to go with a 6280 and just add the Sentry lever brining it up to level 3. Would prefer if the ALS was a straight push, vs the flick back. That'd require more engineering though.
Two notes from LARPing them around the house. (1) The Safariland universal belt loop is going to need some padding on the back, as it digs in right at the hipbone level a bit on the mid-ride setup. Think I'll use one of the Velcro backings and pad that came with my JM holster. (2). I don't like the sweat guard extension on the JM holster. I'm probably going to carefully cut it off with my bandsaw.
Get yourself the NUB Mod for your Safariland ALS. It makes a world of difference.

definitely getting a couple of those puppies.

I'm not in love with Safariland's ALS. I've got a 6360 (SLS hood + ALS lock) for my Beretta - I need the ALS nub for mine, but its just not my favorite. I got it because it's a level 3 system, I think next go-round I'm going to go with a 6280 and just add the Sentry lever brining it up to level 3. Would prefer if the ALS was a straight push, vs the flick back. That'd require more engineering though.
I had to pull my ALS rig out to check it. I never really noticed that the ALS lever is a push back...it's never bothered me. But I have a Nub Mod on mine and maybe the bigger button makes it easier and less noticeable.

Two notes from LARPing them around the house. (1) The Safariland universal belt loop is going to need some padding on the back, as it digs in right at the hipbone level a bit on the mid-ride setup. Think I'll use one of the Velcro backings and pad that came with my JM holster. (2). I don't like the sweat guard extension on the JM holster. I'm probably going to carefully cut it off with my bandsaw.

Safariland actually sells a pad for the UBL. Check their website. I think they know how much that mount can cause pain.

https://safariland.com/products/ubl-pad-11119

Another vote for Trex. And I'd suggest Vedder Holsters too. I have both AWB and IWB from them and am very happy wit their performance , comfort and durability.

If you want more secure retention though I would reconsider Safariland. Their holster has been bombproof on my hunting pack or my belt in all conditions.

Sorry, late to this party and know you already purchased one (but hey, we all have that box or two of extra holsters). I have an M&P Compact with a 4" barrel and a Holosun and use a Vedder (they make it for the 4.25" as well) and you can get it with or without a claw. Been using it with my non-optic version for a few years. Happy with their products over all and none of them have landed in box for misfit holsters yet.

Finally got around to slapping an optic on the M&P. Fits great with the JM AIWB Wing Claw 2.0. Holosun HE507c-GR X2

IMG-1358.jpg

Just picked up a brand spanking new 4.25" S&W M&P9 M2.0 Optics Ready model, as I wanted to switch up to a larger pistol for EDC. Anybody have any AIWB holster recommendations? I was going to slap a Trijicon RMR Type 2 Red Dot on it but dang, that thing is expensive. Maybe a Burris or Holosun.
T.Rex Arms is the way to go, IMO. Tried T1C and a few others, didn't like them. Very uncomfortable. Retention is either too high or too low on many of these holsters from other companies and adjusting it doesn't seem to help very much.

RMR isn't a bad choice. I tend to prefer the Aimpoint ACRO for a variety of reasons. If you're new to red dots on pistols, grab a Holosun to start. They're fine optics, especially for concealed carry. Then upgrade later on to an ACRO or another optic of your choice.

T.Rex Arms is the way to go, IMO. Tried T1C and a few others, didn't like them. Very uncomfortable. Retention is either too high or too low on many of these holsters from other companies and adjusting it doesn't seem to help very much.

RMR isn't a bad choice. I tend to prefer the Aimpoint ACRO for a variety of reasons. If you're new to red dots on pistols, grab a Holosun to start. They're fine optics, especially for concealed carry. Then upgrade later on to an ACRO or another optic of your choice.
Actually got a Holosun HE507c (post #29). Just couldn't bring myself to pay more for an optic than the pistol itself lol. The JM AIWB holster has been pretty good so far; I like the pads it comes with so you can change the angle to fit your comfort level. Still not comfortable with AIWB, but I'll get used to it one of these days.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top