JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Numb Nuts.

Guys like this are the ones that will be attempting to rip me off when SHTF. My family will be taken care of because I prepared on some level, at least to the best of my ability. We won't be scrounging or looking to steal.

Anyone that comes to take what is mine better be prepared as well.

Most scumbags won't even see it coming when the hammer comes down

Your typical guy who's prepping is so out of shape, doesn't practice shooting, he's just buying this crap to make himself feel like he's doing something...... and even if he is a closet IPSC Ninja master, he's hardly heading for the hills with wife and kids in tow.

If another Katrina happens, your giving up your guns just like the tough guys in New Orleans. Probably quicker.
We can sure see that your typing finger is well exercised.. you should do well when the power goes out. lol

Prepping is just tipping the scales in your favor a bit.

Anyone who even has 30 days worth of black beans shoved in the bottom of their closet earns my respect. Why? Because most people don't prep at all, not even to survive a week.

Not because they don't have the funds. It is because doing so is mentally accepting the possibility that the status quo will not continue and that is simply to much to expect from the 95%. Preppers are hated because they have no faith in mommy government or the system and that is a slap to the face of the sheeple that do.

As for Fickle Finger, this is the same guy that wanted people to post pictures of their preps, specifically their ammo :s0064:

Exactly.. the time to leverage a hundred dollar bill into sixty pounds of beans and forty of rice is not when you actually need it.. a stack of money will only buy you a laugh in the face then. pretty simple

So very true Burt! Some people seem to be able to maintain that "normalcy bias" regardless of the facts staring them in the face every day, every WHERE. My own brother, whom I dearly love and respect, has this bias in an invincible, even willful manner. He's an aerospace engineer and makes about $225,000 yearly... yet he has NOTHING set aside for SHTF. I would guess he has maybe $3 Million invested in various 401K's, stocks, CD's, etc.... But I cannot get him to set aside even a can of BEANS, let alone changing out some of that paper/digital $$$ for gold and silver... not even just a small amount of what I termed "starting over money", maybe 100K of physical precious metals. Making the good living he does, he is feeling unaffected by what many see all over... still going to Europe, Australia, Belgium, etc... three times a year for vacation. Until they start raiding bank accounts (as they already have overseas) he just isn't going to get it. After about 10 years of plying at him, he did finally announce his intention to buy a pistol. Of course I said GET A RIFLE, then we'll talk pistol. but he just laughs it off saying "I"M not gonna need a RIFLE LOL!". *Sigh* I told him I will of course feed him and arm him when all goes bad... but he will never hear the end of all that paper $ going bye-bye.
Prepping is just tipping the scales in your favor a bit.

Anyone who even has 30 days worth of black beans shoved in the bottom of their closet earns my respect. Why? Because most people don't prep at all, not even to survive a week.

Not because they don't have the funds. It is because doing so is mentally accepting the possibility that the status quo will not continue and that is simply to much to expect from the 95%. Preppers are hated because they have no faith in mommy government or the system and that is a slap to the face of the sheeple that do.

As for Fickle Finger, this is the same guy that wanted people to post pictures of their preps, specifically their ammo :s0064:

Some preparation is better than none. Chubby couch commandos or not, I'm sure that most doing some prepping are better off than 90% of the rest of the population. I'm not the most fit dude, but I hunt, fish, hike, camp, spend a lot of time outdoors, split firewood on the weekend. I plan on getting in better shape this year for my own satisfaction. I'm not too worried about my physical conditioning in a SHTF situation. More worried about stuff like first aid or getting an infection.

I tell you this, when SHTF anyone who is out of shape is likely going to get into shape as a natural result of no more buckets of ice cream or the colonels, or perish, unless they are part of a good group

Stratbastard,

I have an acquaintance - husband of a friend - who is probably one of the richest men in Portland. He has ZERO preps in his 10-bathroom home. A handgun that was pretty much given to him (not by me) and no ammo; gun is locked away in bottom of safe. I guess someday he plans on throwing it at the approaching bad guys from his balcony.

His house SCREAMS come break down the door and help yourself.

He cannot wrap his head around the possibility that the good life may go away for himself, his wife, and his young daughter. A fool is a fool and you can't fix stupid/naive people.

A guy like that pretty much earned what is coming to him at some point, but I really feel for the little child. Poor kid. Your daddy sucks Sally!

There is an obscure late 70's video game called Wall St where the stockbrokers are jumping out the windows and you are a fireman trying to catch them in a net HAHAHAHA!!! I have to get that one working.

Wow, someone brought back one of fickle finger's threads.

Where's the one where he was fantasizing about trading a few beans for someone's gratuitously overpriced sig AR-15.

I tend to worry about every day disasters, because those happen every day to someone. It's hard to prepare for "the end" because it's a total unknown, all the people who survived the collapse of the roman empire, the sacking of constantinople are all long dead and buried.

keep-calm-and-don-t-feed-the-troll-22.png

What he fails to realize is that fat old men/women can shoot back as well as any fit young man. It's why guns are called equalizers
perhaps someone should take note of his addy, for future referrance by the coroner

IIRC "theficklefinger" has been banned, or was banned for a period for some of his screeds in the preparedness forum. It seemed clear that there were too many 4 year olds swimming in his gene pool.

I feel your pain Sarge! We ALL get old and have to make a choice: lay down and quit or make those adjustments as required. Even through my 40's I stayed ripped and strong, but past 50 it seemed every month I would wake up with something new going south. A man just has to work with what he's got. I try to climb Spencer's Butte every day, helps keep the weight down and the wind up. I don't try to push around 300+ pounds on the bench any more, too hard on the old joints... so I put 150 or so on there and bang out long sets instead (endurance strength). I stay careful about what I eat and drink. I'm still a mess, but it's the best mess I can be.
How many fingers am I holding up.. and how's Eugene?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top