JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anybody, regardless of level of fitness can benefit greatly from being prepared for a disaster.
The biggest problem FEMA has is taking care of the necessities of individuals who were more than capable of stocking up some bare essentials beforehand.
And you don't have to be a ironman champion to be able to handle a weapon.

For living in a college town you seem very uneducated ... just an observation ...
with the absolutes and obviously unsupported generalized conclusions in your statements ... it is hard to take you seriously.

Perhaps I see where you might be heading with what you were saying however.
Are you frustrated and /or challenging people to take things seriously or just throwing crap with a snide mocking attitude?

308 ... Nice call ...

Thank you for the failed attempt to pass along a projected lie.

This sort of thing is a lie that a person with a behavioral or personality disorder uses as a coping mechanism. It is used to hide their own fear issues by attempting to make those around him/her feel bad. Rationalization occurs when this person unconsciously gives himself a false explanation of his own behavior. This is a common defense mechanism in the Freudian sense when the person does even not realize he is lying to himself.

More to the point:
"Projection is a defense mechanism that occurs when people avoid a negative evaluation of themselves by seeing their own unpleasant thoughts or actions in other people. A student who cheats will tell you "everybody cheats." A man who cheats on his wife acts genuinely surprised to find out some men are faithful. Many college students experience projection in the context of a fading romance. The person who wants to end the relationship accuses the other of "acting funny" or "wanting to break up" when it is actually the person who makes the accusation who feels that way"

Thanks for playing :)

PS...dude, Eugene Oregon....now it makes sense...lol

Many years spent mostly as a carpenter and a bout with cancer beat me up, so I'm not as fit and healthy as I once was. But I'm smarter than I ever was, I'm mentally tougher and I handle pain better than ever too.

Nobody lives forever.

You got it GOG, meaner too! Pain will do that to you. Some days I get up, leave the house and go where I won't encounter people until I can be a little bit civil!

You got it GOG, meaner too! Pain will do that to you. Some days I get up, leave the house and go where I won't encounter people until I can be a little bit civil!

told you man, dont listen to these type of folks, you cover me with that M14 and I'll pack you sh!t to the top of the hill......and there are many many others that would too....I know them lol

told you man, dont listen to these type of folks, you cover me with that M14 and I'll pack you sh!t to the top of the hill......and there are many many others that would too....I know them lol

Thank you man, but you are assuming that this twit bothered me. Not the case! I enjoyed my little rejoinder and I wouldn't put this guy on my ignore list for anything!

Just going to add that to me it would be far more important for someone who is out of shape or handicapped or in some way disadvantaged to prepared.
How about the 62yo widow? Should she have to be able to run 12 miles with a 200lb pack?
Or should she put of stores and practice with her wingmaster now and then, or should she just give up and plan on being a burden to the government if disaster should hit her town?

I think every one on the planet should be prepared the best they can.
We never know when certain natural disasters are going to strike.
We prep a lil extra for the handicapped widow behind us as well as keep an eye on her place. I know her kids stay on top of most all of it, but till they can get here she will be taken care of.

Your typical guy who's prepping is so out of shape, doesn't practice shooting, he's just buying this crap to make himself feel like he's doing something...... and even if he is a closet IPSC Ninja master, he's hardly heading for the hills with wife and kids in tow.

If another Katrina happens, your giving up your guns just like the tough guys in New Orleans. Probably quicker.

It makes us feel good. Why ya gotta be hatin'? Seriously, if you're going to have a hobby, this is not a bad one to have, IMO.

All of us in my house are in pretty good shape. I am the wife and the "kids" are 20 and 17 and can both outrun me any day of the week (both Cross-Country runners in HS). I will be the one eaten by the bear, LOL. Yes, it does make me feel good that I'm doing something. Is there something wrong with that?

I feel your pain Sarge! We ALL get old and have to make a choice: lay down and quit or make those adjustments as required. Even through my 40's I stayed ripped and strong, but past 50 it seemed every month I would wake up with something new going south. A man just has to work with what he's got. I try to climb Spencer's Butte every day, helps keep the weight down and the wind up. I don't try to push around 300+ pounds on the bench any more, too hard on the old joints... so I put 150 or so on there and bang out long sets instead (endurance strength). I stay careful about what I eat and drink. I'm still a mess, but it's the best mess I can be.
Well, I guess that you are right, but beware! I was one buff fellow, worked with my hands as a machinist, all season backpacking, bicycling, gardening with hand tools, exercise. I could whip my lean 6'4" 220#'s in wildcats! Until I was 59! Then the very things that I did for strength, agility and endurance for all those years caved my body in! The doc's say that 90% of my problems stem from military service. Over sized combat packs on forced marches, being a gun bunny early in my tour, poor nutrition for extended periods, heat and exposure to horrendous cold. Well by golly you are going to get old too! Are you going to just quit, sell off your gear and arms and buy beer? I'm not! So I do what I can, fat and stove up and in pain, and I will go to to the rally, fat, stove up and in pain. It's okay for you to laugh at me now that you know my story. It was a little unfair before you knew it though! Oh, and shooting! My dad was a good shot and my mom was a competitive target shooter. They started to formally train me when I was four. I qualified expert with the M-14 rifle and was trained in quick kill and been a varmint hunter all my life. I learned to shoot handguns walking up narrow, twisting ravines and jumping jack rabbits at the turns. I shoot an M1-A, AR's, varmint rifles, shotguns and hand guns regularly, in fact as often as possible, so I think that I've got shooting covered.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top