JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I don't know if they qualify as the worst but a friend of mine bought a G36 and it is a worthless POS. Heavy trigger pull, horrible accuracy, picky with ammo and un-manageable recoil. Definitely not Glocks' most noble effort.

The Kel-Tec Sub 2K I owned. While it shot ok and was actually very accurate I could see wear starting after only a few hundred rounds. Also I was not impressed with the epoxied in barrel and the relative difficulty of disassembly for cleaning. Also once you do get it apart that's when you see the dark secrets (and probably why KT "Does not recommend disassembling the rifle") A great concept and design but poor materials chosen and way to lightly constructed. I could see this thing falling apart soon.

Universal M1 Carbine. Blew up in my face while firing blanks during a WWII reenactment. I was lucky to have only had blisters around the eyes and on my hands.

Also, I've never been a fan of the military issue M9 Beretta. Too big for my hands, and I could never score high on the USMC pistol qualification course with it.

Rohrbaugh R9

I paid big bucks for one of these little turds. Expecting the quality I had heard about for years. What I got was a complicated single shot. It just doesn't cycle consistently. After trying a number of different types of ammo I called the factory expecting to get a fedex label emailed to me promptly. I just figured anyone who charged that kind of money wouldn't want a pissed off consumer and would make it right for me. Nope. No fedex label, I had to send it back on my dime after they had me try a few more different loads and work on my "grip". Since most of the "issues" are "related to the grip or the ammo" the shooter uses according the experts. Then the company goes tits-up and refuses the pistol I paid almost $75 to fedex back to them. I say good riddance to a company who charges $1200 for a pistol of questionable design and quality, then jerks around it's customers. I see why sales of R9s have fallen to almost negligible numbers.

Rumors are they they sold to Para, which I'm not sure will make things any better.

+1 With Kimber Custom on the type 94 Nambu! How the man who designed a number of excellent machine guns could design such an increadable POS I don't get! My guess would be that he delegated pistol design to the dumbest junior mechanical engineer on his staff who had most recently pizzed him off.
I can happily say that I have never got a lemon, lucky that way! I have had a few that didn't give me the accuracy that I expected but I've had a few surprises the other way too.

A friend of mine had an AMT .45 Backup for a while...
I did, too.
Heavy for it's size. Incredibly heavy trigger. Terrible sights (if you can call a trough a sight)
But, it never failed me when I pulled the trigger. I just wanted a gun that I could play with as much as use for a belly gun. It was worthless to plink or target practice with. As a belly gun, I've often wished I had it back to try again...

<Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel! Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

OTH: both my Kimbers have been perfect and very accurate too.
My KelTec P-11 with P-40 conversion and .357SIG barrel worked fine as does my P-40 also with the .357SIG barrel. Fun to shoot and they certainly do get peoples attention on the line!
My Taurus .45's are terrible though. They go bang each time but I hate the triggers and the Kahr's aren't far behind.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

<Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel! Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

I guess I got lucky with my Kimber. It runs great but mine is 15+ yo. It's stamped New York but I think it was right after they moved.
According to the historians at the Kimber magazine ALL Kimbers, even those with the OR location on them have been made in NY.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

I sold my beretta to get a sig 229 and was so excited to get it, but it shot about 6" low every time. I was so disappointed.
Bought a glock and been very pleased. May be plastic but it shoots every time and is accruate.
I have a G26, 17, and 34 and all use the same mags. Can't go wrong.

S&W 500 in a short barrel, 30-06 in a 0 inch contender barrel. These i have shot, never again,

Hi-Point looks and handles like a POS, but it is totally reliable.
Chauchat LMG - what moron puts a open sided mag on a MG in a dirt trench.
Any Taurus semi-auto

My very first gun was a ruger 10/22. It would shoot the first two rounds and then jam every time. Took it to a gunshop, still jammed. Replaced/cleaned mags, still jammed. Tried a variety of ammo, still jammed. I hated to sell it, but I could not get the thing to shoot.

Since age 13 I have had other 10/22 that have worked very well, but now my .22 rifles are not rugers.

but it shot about 6" low every time. I was so disappointed.
I wouldn't say a gun is bad because it does not shoot POA out of the box. I am sure most mfgs. don't zero guns before they leave the factory. My CZ shot about 2" low and to the left at first but a couple thou drift on the rear and a few strokes of a file on the front with some blue touch up and it is now dead on at 25 yards. If you have enough material on the front sight you might be able to bring the point of impact up as I did.

Oh, I almost forgot, I do have a 'worst' story - A Phoenix HP 22 I bought many years ago. Along with all the common problems the frame cracked. The factory took care of it fairly quickly but I sold it off and soon as the replacement gun showed up. I don't know of we can ever identify the specific 'worst' gun but the Phoenix is in the final five!

Ruger sr9. worst trigger ever. Seems like it was filled with sand and you had to have it in a vice to keep it on target while pulling the mile long trigger through the grit haha.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews