JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I liked "The Road" it was grim but pretty well made. Kinda like "The Mist"- very grim...But if you try and make a series that is the television approximation of 20 miles of bad road people won't watch, and more importantly (to the network) companies won't pay for advertising during said show

OK, I don't play video games or read comic books. I like non-fiction, American Sniper, Lone Survivor, Black Hawk Down. I also know a whole H*** of a lot more that most jokers working in gun shops. Do they not read gun magazines? or gun forums? I go in and ask for something and they look at me like a cross eyed poodle.

Now back to W.D. My wife and I really enjoy it except when I sigh, then I explain to her there gun goof.
Daryl is a bad a**. The only one there with all skills needed to make it on his own. Go Boondock Saints!

That's funny, I was just having a conversation this morning with someone about "baseball bat" sword skills. You're right, all you would need to do is be able to swing it. No real proficiency would be required to do some mad zombie slaying.

Have you ever used an impact weapon on a person in real life? I have and I can tell you that you need more than the ability to swing, you also need the will to do it. Most people don't have that.

I disagree. The realistic world decay, isolation, desperation, real-life threats, fear, and struggle just to survive another day, and make do when there's nothing left to scavenge in The Road was done a lot better than The Walking dead zombie soap opera. The Walking Dead characters have amenities, hot showers, unrealistically sanitary living conditions with medical supplies, a magically assumed food source that is never explained, and ammo coming from who knows where. (That black bag rick packed from the beginning that was mostly filled with rifles? Please....) I'd just like the show to be more realistic and gritty, and focus more on surviving. The show is kinda like if 28 Days Later had been made into a series.... only with less realism more whiny p***ies.

The reason so many preppers can't stand The Road is because it cancels out any ideas they might have of prepping. The Road portrayed an Extinction Level Event, where there was zero chance of humanity bouncing back and rebuilding. What's the point of prepping if your eventually just going to be living an existence where you kill a person one day so that you can survive the next.

Have you ever used an impact weapon on a person in real life? I have and I can tell you that you need more than the ability to swing, you also need the will to do it. Most don't people don't have that.

Seriously? This whole thread is based in fantasy, purely speculative, and you're trying to equate the will to put down the rotting, former shell of a person to fighting a living, breathing person. Come on......

Blades take years to master when fighting against an armed opponent.

In this case you're fighting against slow moving unarmed dead people with heads the consistency of a rotted pumpkin.
It doesnt take a "ninja" to be proficient.
Think baseball bat with a sharp edge. It wouldnt take a major league slugger to be proficient.

I dont know where the show is going with Michonne, but the comic book version of her is anything but a ninja.

Playboy just published a 6 page origin story for her.
If you're interested: <broken link removed>
Michonne does show some extraordinary talents in the books though. Such as when she was able to tell they were being followed and by how many walkers without looking in the pitch dark the night they find the Governor's base.

Seriously? This whole thread is based in fantasy, purely speculative, and you're trying to equate the will to put down the rotting, former shell of a person to fighting a living, breathing person. Come on......

Your the one that said it was no problem and that anyone could do it. I'm saying whether its the real world or a fantasy that its not as easy you think

I liked "The Road" it was grim but pretty well made. Kinda like "The Mist"- very grim...But if you try and make a series that is the television approximation of 20 miles of bad road people won't watch, and more importantly (to the network) companies won't pay for advertising during said show

Yeah, they're making a show that's about 60% action/gore for the zombie fantasy fanboys, and 40% social/drama for the female and reality tv viewers. It seems to be working out for them so they'll probably stick with it. And I wouldn't mind, if it weren't for that 40%.

The Mist had my attention until they revealed what was in it. It was all down hill from there and it just got more and more r*tarded imo. The Mist is a great example of a survival/sci-fi/thriller that had a choice to go more realistic and be good, but instead went full r*tard and failed. The fact that people gravitate so much toward reality television should tell movie makers that starting out realistic and then going straight fantasy is a bad idea. I worry TWD is going to do this. Entertainment tries way too hard to appeal to everyone, which makes it appeal only moderately to most.

Daryl is a bad a**. The only one there with all skills needed to make it on his own. Go Boondock Saints!

Oh wow, I didn't even notice this! I thought his face looked familiar, but couldn't figure out why. Nice :s0155:

The reason so many preppers can't stand The Road is because it cancels out any ideas they might have of prepping. The Road portrayed an Extinction Level Event, where there was zero chance of humanity bouncing back and rebuilding. What's the point of prepping if your eventually just going to be living an existence where you kill a person one day so that you can survive the next.

Yeah, I could see that. And I suppose you could argue that TWD hasn't quite made it to extinction level yet since they're what, only a few weeks/months into their zombie apocalypse or whatever? So there's presumably still some crap to scavenge I guess. But that much food? Assuming the infection didn't spread so fast that people didn't have time to raid stores (and accounting for survivors that did after)... how are they finding enough food to feed that large group every day.... for that long.... in a small town out in the country that has like one general store? I still think a lot of their provisions should have realistically run out or be running out. Or that the fat characters that somehow managed to survive as long as they did would have lost a little more weight before ending up as zombie bait. Unless they're eating Hershall's cattle or something. I dunno. I'm annoyed that we have to assume that a lot of their "survival strategy" is just implied. I'm more interested in that than I am all of the time the show wastes on crying and clinging to the past. I wanna see these people in a situation where they REALLY have to survive and adapt, kinda like Tom Hanks in Castaway. (except not over the course of years) These characters are on an extended camping trip, not in survival mode. If I had my way the show would be 50% survival, 40% hack and slash, 10% misc. psychological issues/group drama junk. And more than just one man in the group would have a pair. And hopefully at least one woman who isn't useless. I'm REALLY hoping that some of that changes. I'm willing to give the show the benefit of the doubt since it's fairly new though.

I just expect a more realistic fictional approach since that's kinda what they've been doing for two seasons now. I mean, there's John Grisham fiction and then there's Harry Potter fiction. Some of us prefer fiction that is more life-like and not so completely far fetched that it's ridiculous or comic-booky. I haven't read the comics, but if that's how they are, and that's the direction the show turns in, then I wish they would have just done that from the get go and not tried to con me into thinking that a realistic zombie series was their goal. It's starting to sound that way, at least from all of the spoilers being dropped in this thread about whatshername.

Really? Explain that one.

It was an hour and a half of endless shots of downtrodden people walking down a dirt road with bits of contrived "action" thrown in so that at least some of the viewers wouldn't fall asleep. That would be forgivable if it was a complex movie that that challenged preconceived notions, but it wasn't. Not even close.
It was slow and depressing just for the sake of being slow and depressing. It was an uninspired exercise in monotony.

It was a horrible, horrible movie.

Have you ever used an impact weapon on a person in real life? I have and I can tell you that you need more than the ability to swing, you also need the will to do it. Most people don't have that.

A person, or a zombie?
At this point of the show they're well into the zombie Apocalypse. Everyone who doesn't have the will to kill a zombie is already dead. They even addressed the "end of innocence" so to speak.
tumblr_m15c12ZCpy1qboi59o1_500.gif

the season opener brought back some faith in the tv show. i still prefer the graphic novels, though.

i have a question regarding the shooting scene at the prison: where did they get guns that have absolutely no recoil? it's mind boggling! :s0114:

I can't handle the waiting between episodes, the commercials. I'll wait years for the show to go off the air, then watch the DVDs. I did that with Alias, Lost, and others. Funny because I'll be out with friends and bring up what happened on Alias LOL!! and they'll be like 'that was 2006!" :)

Its a great series. Top rated and I never miss a show. You can watch the old ones on Comcast On Demand or Netflix if you want to avoid the commercials. I think you can zip right through them via fast forward.

Unless it is going to ruin something for the rest someone please fast-forward and tell me why Michonne has the armless 'pets' in tow. The trailers for the upcoming episodes do not give it away and are somewhat conflicting.

Unless it is going to ruin something for the rest someone please fast-forward and tell me why Michonne has the armless 'pets' in tow. The trailers for the upcoming episodes do not give it away and are somewhat conflicting.

I think its to carry her stuff. If saw the last part were they were leaving they had a bunch of stuff stapped to there backs.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top