JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why they didn't just run the freaking zombies down with the cars is a mystery to me...also, a prison might be a good place to hole up for the apocalypse- food stores, laundry,kitchen , high walls, lookout towers. Any prisoners that have turned are likely caged so you kill them at your leisure...seems like it would be pretty secure once you croaked all the living dead inside...

The statement was finally made in the last episode that needed to be made from the start. "This is no longer a democracy.". It's my way or get the hell out. That needed to be stated from the start. Too many people doing their own things all the time.

I love the show, but have these guys ever heard of low velocity rounds with suppressors? Seems like a lot more effective, since noise attracts the zombies.. You would think the military would have been issued these guns and there be plenty lying around. How come they are taking on hordes of zombies, but are using pump shotguns, 6 round revolvers, etc.. I mean cmon.. M-16 , M193/M855, red-dot sight w/ Gemtech suppressor..

I love the show, despite its few quirks..

i like the show, but i'd expect to see a lot more ar's and ak's in that part of the country or any part of the country for that matter. bolt action hunting rifle against "walkers?" and whats with all the zombie movies that never use the term zombies???

I have questioned the shortage of appropriate weapons, especially since they have passed how many military checkpoints? seems like there would be m-16's and cans of ammo everywhere...

i like the show, but i'd expect to see a lot more ar's and ak's in that part of the country or any part of the country for that matter. bolt action hunting rifle against "walkers?" and whats with all the zombie movies that never use the term zombies???

On various forum discussions, the lack of semi-auto/military weapons amongst the survivors seems to be the #1 criticism of the series.

As a fan of the Left 4 Dead 2 game, I probably should see this series. The video game L4D2 had me thinking what weapons would I equip myself with if facing a zombie horde like the ones in the l4d2 series, Id probably go with an AK47 and a FiveseveN as my sidearm. I don't know what the series is like, but in the game for the most part the zombies are either standing, oblivious, or running straight at you, but there are no walkers.

I also played COD: Black Ops and its got a zombie mode, but I think L4D2 is a better game, more maps, more zombies for the most part, other things are better about the game as well.

As a fan of the Left 4 Dead 2 game, I probably should see this series. The video game L4D2 had me thinking what weapons would I equip myself with if facing a zombie horde like the ones in the l4d2 series, Id probably go with an AK47 and a FiveseveN as my sidearm. I don't know what the series is like, but in the game for the most part the zombies are either standing, oblivious, or running straight at you, but there are no walkers.

I also played COD: Black Ops and its got a zombie mode, but I think L4D2 is a better game, more maps, more zombies for the most part, other things are better about the game as well.

Both Left 4 Dead games are righteous- a couple of my favorites in fact

My main complaint with source games like CS, CS:Source and L4D2 is they glamorize the Desert Eagle. Does anyone here own a Desert Eagle? I can see how its like a hobbyists gun, Ive never held one but it looks heavy as hell, and I would think in a firefight, or even facing a zombie horde, it is better to get a lot of smaller bullets off faster than a few big rounds.

The Desert Eagle seems highly impractical, and I'd just as soon carry a double action .44 magnum that shoots much more common rounds than a Desert Eagle that shoots .50 AE rounds.

Perhaps the FiveseveN would break the game, since you can fit a 20 to 30 round magazine in a handgun and it has very little recoil.

The Desert Eagle is an Israeli made firearm, but no one in the IDF uses it.

edit: As a side note, this isn't meant to insult people on this forum who own the Desert Eagle, but I usually associate obsession with the Desert Eagle as someone who is a Mall Ninja. It's quite apparent they don't know much about firearms in terms of how practical they are.

They never use the term "Zombie" because they are trying to create the illusion that this is a world where the Zombie craze does not exist. otherwise how do you explain them not knowing how to deal with them right away.

To be fair, the "Magnum" as it's called in the Left 4 Dead games is much less accurate than the 9mm and always seems to be empty when the hoard charges...I'd say it's fairly accurately represented. Big recoil, not very accurate- but will drop a zombie if you actually hit it...

I wish they had a nice selection of handguns, like they do in Counter-Strike. I would prefer an accurately portrayed FiveseveN due to its high magazine capacity, low recoil, and accuracy even at long ranges (for a pistol). THe regular pistol, well I play it on expert, every campaign when I do play, so outside of expert/realism, Im playing it on the hardest setting possible and the regular pistol, the 9mm glock, doesn't drop a zombie at all unless you hit it in the head. A frying pan makes a better weapon (literally) than the 9mm, I lose it asap for either a melee or the Desert Eagle, unless that Melee weapon is the Police Baton, which is the crappiest melee weapon in the game, and the cricket bat is pretty bad too.

Also the magazine capacities are really odd in the game, 40 rounds for a AK47, I usually associate that firearm with a 30 round magazine, and the 50 round magazine for the AR15, again an odd magazine capacity for that firearm. The damages to zombies are portrayed differently per firearm, the best weapon in the game has to be a AK47 with a laser sight, but I like how I can level 30 zombies with a short burst from the auto-shotgun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top