JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Worst title match I think I've ever seen in the history of the UFC. Irene Aldana did nothing for the entire fight except inch forward with her left leg, put up her high boxing gaurd, drag her right leg behind her, and allow Nunes to use her as a human punching bag. 👊

3 wins + parlay buyout, 3 losses. Dogs on wins so worked out. Subdued my greed and cashed out the parlay after Imavov/Curtis N/C due to headbutt. Next up on the parlay was Nate and I threw in the towel, then Nate lost and I patted myself on the back. My buddy reminded me of the whole bird in the hand thing.

Oliveira really put on a clinic. Expect an Islam rematch in Oct which no one really wants.

Ash, no kidding on Aldana. If I were her coach I would have been a lot more harsher with my words. It was like Aldana was star struck. Amanda with that evil/goofy grin. She seemed so happy that Aldana was letting her use her as an Everlast bag. If she is REALLY retired now it sure was a good way to go out.

Probably my favorite dog was Steve Erceg. Big dog even though he was 9-2? and solid ground game. Wish I would have put more on him. Every 'expert' I saw called him a joke - 'the pizza delivery guy' etc. At +250 odds he was a diamond in the rough.
All because of short notice.

Early pic for next Saturday:

Marvin Vettori vs Jared Cannonier.

Marvin is at -110 on DraftKings right now, dropped from -140 ML. More than fair odds. Youth. There is rarely a substitute.

Cannonier really didn't beat Strickland. Almost like he just phoned in the fight.

Marvin by battle attrition. He has a head like an anvil so he isn't getting KO'd. Vettori's punches, TD attempts, will just wear out the ten-year older man. Cannonier's only advantage is power and that won't win the 5-round fight. Big muscles and cardio don't mix.

If betting was about choosing who you 'like' it would be Jared, but that isn't how this works.

In the last 5 years Marvin has only lost to Adesanya and Whitaker, enough said. Easy choice.

Two other decent dogs: Almeda and Bondar - worth a look <<< edited 6/12

Last Edited:
3 wins + parlay buyout, 3 losses. Dogs on wins so worked out. Subdued my greed and cashed out the parlay after Imavov/Curtis N/C due to headbutt. Next up on the parlay was Nate and I threw in the towel, then Nate lost and I patted myself on the back. My buddy reminded me of the whole bird in the hand thing.

Oliveira really put on a clinic. Expect an Islam rematch in Oct which no one really wants.

Ash, no kidding on Aldana. If I were her coach I would have been a lot more harsher with my words. It was like Aldana was star struck. Amanda with that evil/goofy grin. She seemed so happy that Aldana was letting her use her as an Everlast bag. If she is REALLY retired now it sure was a good way to go out.

Probably my favorite dog was Steve Erceg. Big dog even though he was 9-2? and solid ground game. Wish I would have put more on him. Every 'expert' I saw called him a joke - 'the pizza delivery guy' etc. At +250 odds he was a diamond in the rough.
All because of short notice.
Yeah, and those high fives in between every round with Amanda thinking, "Yeah, high five on that complete arse kicking I just delivered in the previous round. Here's to more of that." If you're not going to even attempt anything for five rounds why did you even accept the fight? I mean, that's a career-ending performance Aldana put on display, and to think that was title fight at that. All aboard the fail train... choo choo!

Mexicans must have been crying in their Modelos exclaiming, "What.. the.. bubblegum."

Nov Bet Placed. Have to wait 4+ months but fight/date confirmed. Jailton will be -200 or worse closer to fight day so can always cash out.

Jailton Almeida
Moneyline
Curtis Blaydes vs Jailton Almeida

−145

Really surprised at the Canadian UFC event on Saturday that no Canadian MMA fighters had the guts to speak out. Just flag waving. How Canada treated its citizens is a total disgrace. Justin Trudeau = a WEF puppet, no more, no less. Much like many of our own.

Last Edited:
I've learned that whatever country is hosting a UFC event, be sure to bet heavily on that country's fighters during that event. The deck is stacked in their favor.

Oh yes - very true. It was very interesting that all the Canadian fighters won their fights even when a couple were outmatched.

DK had an all-Canadian parlay at +2900 - :( - missed that.

Sat 06/17/23 --- All were dogs when bet except for Bondar a slight -120 fav at the time. Small bets, long shot parlay is fun and sure worked out nice last weekend. Keeping my eyes on the cash out option if 1-2 dogs in parlay win, if it makes it that far. At these odds if just two of five win all is well.
FELIPE BUNES+145 - Favorite dog on the card; odds should be a pick 'em. CANCELLED

Last Edited:
July 1st - Abus will defeat Sean Strickland. +150 Moneyline underdog right now. Will probably be favorite when people do their homework.
Bet placed. Sean will have to finish Abus to win as the judges know the UFC needs fresh meat for Izzy.

The only reason he was given the chance to fight a ranked opponent (Sean) is they desperately need new, fresh faces to fight Izzy who has no one left to beat. Abus WILL be a title contender.

The answer to Sean's constant plodding forward jabs is a guy with a longer reach, amazing fight IQ and vicious front kicks. When prop bets come out, will sprinkle some on a R1 finish also.

Rarely do I see a significant underdog like this one two weeks out that in my opinion should be at -200. Being unranked and unknown is the only reason he is not.

Last Edited:
My fav dog Felipe fight cancelled + another, bummer. New line up ---

More of a Jared fan than Marvin, but Marvin wins the decision here. Never mind, he was a punching bag.

Last Edited:
Speaking of which, have you noticed the UFC is beginning to bring other fighters in the ring along with Dana for additional drama a la WWE post fight interview? All we need now are some fake corner stools they can smash each other over the head with and maybe bring in the ring girls to have some scripted dialog.

Oh yes I've noticed, but don't mind. I like showmanship and entertainment. Ash you horndog I knew that video would get a response haha.

EDIT 6/17 ---- Betting losses 2.5 to 1 win, ouch, rough night it happens. Bondar and another showboating idiot + Dumb Marvin, not ONE takedown even when hurt. Just back up to the fence and let Jared use you like a punching bag. Happy for Jared he earned it. Was watching We Want Picks, Jacob fight companion and so many we getting beat up badly $ wise, plus two bad decisions didnt help. People were commenting 'I guess I need to get a second job now, my wife is going to kill me ...." lol

Last Edited:
How about that Pat Sabatini fight on Saturday? Old school ground-and-pound a la Matt Hughes style. I'm convinced having a strong wrestling background alongside jiu-jitsu really gives you a tremendous advantage.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top