JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
North Carolina presented a version of the second amendment before it was ratified that indeed had a limitation on the weapons that would be included. The fact that our founders rejected it is a very strong indication that they recognized the fact that the guns of that day would not be the same guns of their tomorrow.

There are those who express alarm over the fact that these are "the same weapons our military are carrying on the battlefield".

The best response I can offer to that concern is:
"Exactly."

North Carolina presented a version of the second amendment before it was ratified that indeed had a limitation on the weapons that would be included. The fact that our founders rejected it is a very strong indication that they recognized the fact that the guns of that day would not be the same guns of their tomorrow.

I googled for this, and from what I can find I don't see it.

Cite?

I googled for this, and from what I can find I don't see it.

Cite?
I went back and reread it and it appears that I may have been mistaken as I am not seeing the specific arms mentioned. What I am seeing is that a version was rejected that limited the right to bear arms as being for the defense of the state only.

"North Carolina took its Declaration of Rights primarily from Virginia. However, it replaced Mason's paean to the militia with a variant of the Pennsylvania approach: "[T]he people have a right to bear arms, for the defense of the state...."[167] The omission of the militia statement on the one hand, and the recognition of an individual right--but only for defense of the State--seems an uneasy balance between the Virginia and the Pennsylvania models. Massachusetts' 1780 Constitution expanded upon this third approach. Its chief author was John Adams, probably the colonies' most devout Harringtonian[168] whose fears that excessive democracy would lead to anarchy[169] gave force to Jefferson's accusations that Adams was a closet Monarchist.[170]"

Here is the entire article. It's a long read but an eye opener as to the history behind the second amendment. It also eliminates any question about whether it was meant to be limited to the militia and not the entire people.
The Second Amendment and the Historiography of the Bill of Rights

The CHILDREN NEED assault capacity clip rifle shooters!!!!!

Back when the musket was the norm im sure children used them often and very responsibly as needed for hunting or strangers coming onto the farm, family protection etc.....the problem with America now is there is a lack of personal responsibility...our children now days are useless....just saying....amazing to hear the things my grandpa did when he was 8-10 years old that no child or parent would ever have there children do now.

This thread was ruined for me the the first time that POS Morgan was mentioned.

I can only hope that the 'magnetic personality' his publicist says he has manages to attract a nickel-iron meteorite sometime soon, and that he is bending over when it finally hits him.

tac

This thread was ruined for me the the first time that POS Morgan was mentioned.

I can only hope that the 'magnetic personality' his publicist says he has manages to attract a nickel-iron meteorite sometime soon, and that he is bending over when it finally hits him.

tac

Piers Morgan was sacked by The Mirror in 2004 for fake, anti-soldier photos and is sacked again by CNN for his anti-Americanism. Soon, he'll just be another name on a list of has-beens somewhere that we'll have to explain to our kids about when asked.

Daughter- "Daddy, who was Piers Morgan?"
Father- "Oh nobody dear, just some old, controversial British guy CNN tried to put on the TV to boast ratings."
Daughter- "Oh, well what's a 'CNN'?"
Father- "Nobody now, dear. They used to be a news channel. But then they just did pieces on celebrity arrests and people eventually lost interest because politics is why they turned on the news, not to hear about Justin Beiber."
Daughter- "What's a Justin Beiber?"
Father- "You watch your mouth!"

Try not to LOL reading that...

Piers Morgan was sacked by The Mirror in 2004 for fake, anti-soldier photos

Yessir, and I was the one to whom the authorities gave the job of authentication. The forensic imagery analysis company for which I was a part-time consultant on firearm-related cases [details by PM if you think I'm blowing smoke here] gave me the task of authenticating the image purporting to show an Iraqi prisoner being beaten up in the back of a truck. As an ex-soldier of 33 years fuul-time service it took me more time to write out the report than it did to prove it to be a fake - EVERYTHING was wrong, from the gun to the clothing of the 'prisoner' to the interior of the truck and the uniform of the 'soldier'. So I have a personal loathing of this POS.

tac

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR